Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SarahC. Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks for reading and letting me know what you think!

Merriwether
Merriwether
clap Clever revelation! Lois angry-babbled the secret out of him! laugh

Great start! I can't wait to see part 2. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, what a revelation! When Clark loses his sight he becomes more - well, more vulnerable, more cut off from the world, more in need of concentrating on himself and therefore more him - and so the boundaries between Superman and Clark start coming down. And Lois sees the truth of the man underneath the gaudy spandex and behind the superhero's stern façade. She realizes that she loves the real man more than the hero, and it's the real man that makes the hero so amazing. It's lovely.

I'm rather seriously LNC:TNSAOS-challenged, so I never know when something is taken directly from the show. But in any case, I love this:

A split second’s thought was enough for him to realize that spending the weekend with Mayson must have been what he’d hastily agreed to earlier, never mind that he hadn’t actually heard what Mayson had been asking in his preoccupation with listening to Lois’s phone conversation. Idiot! He should know better than to agree to something when he had no idea what it was, but in that moment of needing to get away, agreeing had just seemed the easiest option, besides which he just had it ingrained in him to be courteous to women and when in doubt, he figured agreeing was always the safest policy. More fool him.
Talk about being in love and trying to protect a secret identity at the same time and really, royally botching it. Clark had apparently agreed to spending the weekend with Mayson, but he didn't know about it himself, because he had been so busy listening to Lois and trying to get away to make a rescue that he didn't know what he was agreeing to!!!

Very good start! I'm looking forward to more.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice start Sarah, and I'm glad that Lois knows that Clark is Superman. I like the revelations where Lois doesn't get too angry when she finds out.

I don't know if I have read any fanfic based on this episode, so it will be interesting. I look forward to reading more. party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, what a great start! thumbsup

This is actually one of my favorite episodes (of season 2 laugh laugh laugh ) and I've been dying to read a story about it.

Looking forward to more
~Julia wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sarah!

Great beginning. It's neat to have Clark blurt out that he would be spending the weekend with Lois not Mayson. Oops! Ha! blush Lois seems a lot more sympathetic towards the revelation with Clark experiencing such trouble.

I will enjoy reading the rest of your fun fic. smile1

Now write on!
Anne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great start!

No time to pick out particular favorites since my internet crashes on command (til I get the real stuff next week).

But I'm hooked and looking forward to the next part!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sarah, you have such nice turns of phrase!

A rational explanation, well, yes, there was, if moon-lighting as a super-hero was rational.
ha!

Surprise and dismay momentarily stunned him and then he found himself blurting out, “Lois, the only woman I’m going to be spending the weekend with is you!”
I always kinda thought it would happen this way, and I was suprised in the show when it didn't.

She sat down next to him, reflecting that it was amazing how much more concerned she was about him now that she knew he was Clark and not just Superman.
That says so much!

Nice start!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard