Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33700 10/26/06 05:42 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Too short. laugh

I'm a little confused, though -- was Zara talking about adopting Lois as her sister? And what difference would that make to the Council? I guess if Lois is an official part of the House of Ra that makes her nobility, which gives her kids priority in succession. But I must have missed the part where they talked about it...

I liked the rant about family and Thanksgiving, though. No matter how messed up your relatives are, they're still family, and if they need it, you need to help them.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#33701 10/26/06 07:00 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It's getting ever more interesting. Most of all, I like the differences between Ching's and Zara's attitudes towards helping Clark.

“Besides, it’ll be fun, annoying the council some more. We have to maintain the House of El’s well-deserved reputation of being troublemakers and rabble-rousers”
thumbsup Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! Thinking of the House of El as troublemakers... thumbsup

I'm a little confused, though -- was Zara talking about adopting Lois as her sister? And what difference would that make to the Council? I guess if Lois is an official part of the House of Ra that makes her nobility, which gives her kids priority in succession. But I must have missed the part where they talked about it...
Me, too. Someone must've taken that part away. wonder who? See here: wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#33702 10/26/06 10:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

“Besides, it’ll be fun, annoying the council some more. We have to maintain the House of El’s well-deserved reputation of being troublemakers and rabble-rousers” Ching added. “The entertainment guild is still putting out their daily news service on the colony info-net, you know. The council can’t figure out where they’re uploading from.” Ching was grinning. “Of course, they do have some help.”

“I wasn’t sure the idea would take,” Clark admitted. “It was a tough concept to put across. The people’s right to know isn’t always well accepted even here. How do you want to make the public announcement?”

“I believe your newspaper is involved with an equivalent of out info-net?” Ching asked.
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#33703 10/27/06 10:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm confused as well. I thought they were talking about having the baby adopted by Zara and Ching, and then Zara makes that comment about calling Lois her sister . . . huh?

But I do like this part--not much going on, but it does explain a bunch (minus the confusing part).

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#33704 10/27/06 12:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Obviously I need to edit some of this section to clarify things.

I meant to say the situation with unnamed baby hadn't changed but the other problem of Lois & Clark's children not being in line of succession would be solved by the same mechanism which allowed Ching and Zara's children to be legitimate (adult adoption.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard