Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33589 10/23/06 03:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I have come to the conclusion that you are trying to torture us with these shortshortSHORT installments, Dandello. smile

That said, I can't WAIT to see what is said about New Krypton.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#33590 10/23/06 04:47 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not really trying to torture anyone. It's just I have too much going on and decided to upload what I had done. I should have more tonight, once I figure out what New Krypton's political sytem was supposed to be and how it broke down.

Uh, the House of El sure didn't seem that powerful in the movies, or in the comics. But on New Krypton they were holding out for a missing, possibly dead, lordling to become king?

I know this was originally simply a plot mechanism to introduce New Krypton as a story arc, but it does need some work to make it work for me.

I noticed at at least one story in the archives simply had Kal-El declare the new government was a US style republic and left for Earth.

Most of the other NK stories seem to ignore the politics, favoring the war stories, assuming all the problems are solved when Nor dies.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#33591 10/23/06 05:08 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm not really trying to torture anyone. It's just I have too much going on and decided to upload what I had done.
I know. I was just teasin' ya. Means I really like the story and want more. But hey--trying to figure stuff out is good. smile

Uh, the House of El sure didn't seem that powerful in the movies, or in the comics.
Well, in the Superman Returns novel version, Sor-El was one of the people who helped create the Kryptonian gov't. That, to me, makes it seem like the house of El is pretty darn influential.

I have to agree with your sentiments about NK waiting for Kal-El to take over and become king though.

Although . . . since they were married at birth, it does make sense to me that only Clark could make it so Zara can rule on her own, since he essentially has to dissolve the marriage first (or second, depending on whether or not dissolving the marriage also dissolves his power as ruler).

Whether or not Clark (our clark, of course) can enact political changes in the NK laws, I don't know. Heck, I'm trying to find out for one of my own fics whether or not Jor-El and Lara, as living heads of the house of El, would have any influence over NK or not!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#33592 10/23/06 05:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, in the Superman Returns novel version, Sor-El was one of the people who helped create the Kryptonian gov't. That, to me, makes it seem like the house of El is pretty darn influential.
Influential, yes, but King? Jor-El's warnings were pretty much ignored - although we don't know if Jor-El's warnings were heeded to create New Krypton.
I am leaning toward it having been an existing industrial colony and the high houses did take Jor-El's warning seriously, but felt he was too much a revolutionary to trust. (I'm still working in this.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#33593 10/23/06 06:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard