Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I guess it would be unoriginal to say "Go Lois!" now wink

“You might think it’s bland or boring at first, but give it a chance. It’ll surprise you.”
Awwwwww I can just imagine him saying this to her whilst gazing into her eyes mecry beautiful double meaning

This is great - more soon please!

HC (who was greatly amused today when her superconductivity lecturer kept saying 'super-electrons', and couldn't resist drawing 'electrons' sporting the El shield all over her notes laugh )

Top Banana
Top Banana
WOw, do you think anyone likes this story? wink

I'll just say one thing:

LANA = [Linked Image]

LOIS = You GO girl!! thumbsup

Can't wait for MORE!!
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow. Just catching up, and I gotta say, I love the whole interaction! I'm just wondering if Clark knows what's going on. wink I'm glad to see Lois finally knows what she wants and is going for it! Can't wait to read the rest of this. smile1

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Annie - well, as always happens when I come late to a comments thread, I have to say "ditto" to what others have said before me. This is a great part. How can you even ask?

Brilliant idea for Lois to bring Jimmy along to lunch. Having been the root cause of Jimmy-interruptus in the show and fanfic for so long, it's sooo nice to see his character being used for such a good cause for a change. If Tank is reading this one, perhaps even he is pleased. wink

I also like the way that when they arrived at the restaurant Clark rubbed his hands over Lois' arms to warm them up. He doesn't seem to have worried if Lana was cold. laugh

Several others have quoted this part before me, so I know I shouldn't waste bandwidth, but I'm going to because this was my favourite part in the whole section and so I selfishly want to see it on the screen again:
“I think you’d like it,” Clark responded quietly, his gaze locked with hers. “You might think it’s bland or boring at first, but give it a chance. It’ll surprise you.”
I liked that. I liked that a lot. [Linked Image] I'm trying to figure out if Clark is actually picking up on Lois' signals and sending her a signal of his own in response (!), or if he's oblivious to her signals and is just subtly sending one of his own as he occasionally did during the second season. I've got my fingers crossed for the former, but either way, it's very nice... [Linked Image]

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to dinner at Lois'. However, since there are two parts left, I'm a little concerned that things aren't going to go well, not yet, anyway. Please surprise me, Annie. Why don't you post it tonight and put me out of my misery? smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was a great section. lana is such a jerk and Lois is so cute. clark knows exactly what is going on I bet and if lana's presense is making Lois flirt i am sure he is thrilled about it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bravo, Annie. Great part as everyone above has said.

I'll bet super hearing would come in real handy about now. Clark must be REALLY smiling inside smile1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois is not REALLY going to cook, is she?
I can already imagine: Lois trying to cook something, it starts to burn, and Clark comes to the rescue to save Lois and the apartment from burning down. Then they order some take-out and we have some smoochies. laugh

How about that? smile1

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Annie, I *love* this story!!! I'm sorry that I haven't had the chance to comment on the first two sections, but I enjoyed each one of them.

I can't stand Lana (guess that means you're writing her very well [g]), Clark is driving me crazy cause he's actually putting up with her, Lois is making me laugh, making me sigh, and making me cheer for her (terrific scene in the bathroom, btw!), and I'm thrilled that Jimmy has finally found that his purpose in life (beyond advancing Lois and Clark's plots [g]) is to annoy Lana.

I have no idea what you're feeding your muse, but please, keep doing it!! Your writing is amazing, and I can't wait to read the rest of this story. smile1

Please post soon, okay?

Tracey smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love this story! It is so good to see Lois fighting for Clark.

And Lana, well she is so ... Lana!

Loved it!!! hyper huh

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

The blustery winter wind nearly blew them in the door of the cozy restaurant, and Lois was glad they’d chosen somewhere only two blocks away from the Planet. She shook the snowflakes out of her hair and smiled as Clark reached over and rubbed his hands over her arms, trying to warm her. Even through the thick wool of her coat, his touch affected her. She shivered again, this time not from the cold.

She gave him a small smile, warming when he returned it.

Lois gloated silently as she watched Lana futilely try to fend off Jimmy’s laundry list of questions. Asking Jimmy to come along to their lunch had been an inspiration. He peppered Lana with questions leaving Clark’s attention free, and making Lana look bad as she grew increasingly irritated. Her responses, at first curt and succinct, were becoming clipped and biting. It was clear to anyone who was paying attention that Lana was not enjoying Jimmy’s company. But he seemed oblivious, excited just to be talking to her.
razz

“You mean they want to let poor kids go to private schools? Ugh, why would the rich kids’ parents keep their kids there?”

Lois and Clark froze, then turned to look at Lana. They’d been so wrapped up in their personal conversation, that they’d forgotten they weren’t alone. Lois took a deep breath and tried not to explode at her callous interpretation of the issue. Somehow it didn’t surprise her that Lana would see it that way.
grumble

“Did you ever meet Lex Luthor?”

Lois felt all the blood drain out of her face. She smothered her emotions quickly and looked at Clark who had jerked at the sound of Lex’s name, splashing marinara sauce onto the cuff of his sleeve.
Every time she open her mouth Clark goes Lois way.

“Well, Superman is okay,” Lana was saying, “but what is his deal really? I heard he gives all his profits from Superman merchandise to charity? Can you just imagine? I mean, he could be so rich.”

Lois exchanged a brief look with Clark before stepping in. “Superman stands for all that is pure and good. If he accepted money for being who he is, it would cheapen what he does.”

“Well, I just can’t imagine. He could live in the Hollywood Hills, hobnob with the rich and famous. Why, when I was working A Song for Ginger, I was talking to Patrick Swayze and he said-”
Lana was caught by Lois.

“Oh, were you in that movie?” Lois asked, trying desperately to refrain from rolling her eyes at Lana’s obvious name dropping. “I just saw that last weekend and I don’t recall seeing you in it.”

“Well, it was just a small part,” Lana said though gritted teeth. “But it was so much fun. And Patrick was a really great guy.”

“What part were you in?”

Lana’s eyes narrowed. “It was one of the early scenes, maybe you missed it.”

“Oh, I don’t think so. I always pay close attention to the beginning of movies. You never know when they are going to be important. Which scene was it?”

“The opening scene. But anyway-”

“Wasn’t the opening scene filmed in an L.A. mall?”

“Yes,” Lana snapped, obviously irritated. “I was a shopper. I told you it wasn’t a big part.”

“So you were an extra?”

Lana nodded tersely and Lois continued. “You were an extra, and you got to hang out with Patrick Swayze? How did that happen? My sister was an extra in a movie once and she was mad because the stars stayed locked up in their dressing rooms and didn’t even come out to sign autographs. Patrick Swayze must be a pretty nice guy if he actually hung out with you.”

“Well, I didn’t say that we actually hung out....”

“But you met him?”

“Well... I mean, I *saw* him. And Bruce said-”

“Whose Bruce?”

“The guy who operated the snack cart,” Lana mumbled.

Lois bit back her retort and watched Lana squirm. She could almost see the steam coming out of Lana’s ears.
rotflol

God, I remember how that pathetic Harris brat used to tag around after him all through high school. I was always telling her to get lost, but Clark was always nice to her. Well, sorry, honey, but it’s time to face reality.”

“Reality? You want to talk about facing reality, Miss I Can Flit In Here After Ten Years and Pick Up Where I Left Off? How dare you? How dare you walk into our lives – into Clark’s life after all this time and expect him to still be waiting faithfully for you? You don’t even know him! It’s been TEN YEARS, Lana. Ten years!”
YES!!! Love the discussion in the restroom.

Clark looked surprised, then a little curious. Finally he lifted an eyebrow. “Are you cooking?”

Already buoyed by the adrenalin rush she’d gained from squaring off with Lana, Lois couldn’t help but let herself grin in what she hoped was a flirtatious – but not *too* flirtatious – way. “That’s for me to know, and you to find out.”

Clark’s eyebrows shot even higher. “Well, that’s quite an invitation,” he replied, his mouth curving into an amused grin. “How could I resist.”

“I guess you can’t.”
Oh God, she is cooking!

She linked her arm in his, and they headed out the door to join Jimmy on the sidewalk.
Did Lana leave the restaurant along or she was waiting out with Jimmy?

More Soon, please. ASAP

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Just a couple of comments since everyone else has already said a lot of what could be said.

First off, I'm very disappointed that all Lois did was get a new dress. Not very imaginative, but then Lois has already got a lot going for her with Clark even if she doesn't know it.

I'm more convinced than ever that Clark is completely aware of what is going on, and for once, is enjoying being the object of desire for a change. Even Clark, at his most lunkheadedness, can't miss the glaring personality flaws in Lana. She's so plastic as to not even be real. I find it amusing given her obvious attractiveness, that Lana could think that Lois is no competition for her. Being blonde only goes so far (and hers probably comes out of a bottle), and all real men find brunettes more attractive anyway. wink

Since this story is obviously already finished, and there already is a ridiculous amount of comments having been posted... you can go ahead and post the next part.

Tank (who gives Lois credit for actually finding a use for Jimmy)

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I got it!!! Not only is Clark aware of what's going on, he actually expected Lana's visit and has worked with her (what are old friends for?) to make Lois jealous intentionally and force her to act on her feelings... goofy

Sherry (It's the cough medicine speaking...)

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

WOW! I love this story! smile1
Just brilliant! hyper
Please post the next part ASAP.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm very disappointed that all Lois did was get a new dress. Not very imaginative,
I diagree: a new dress is gives Lois self-confidence and a feeling of new start.

I'm more convinced than ever that Clark is completely aware of what is going on, and for once, is enjoying being the object of desire for a change.
It's difficult to believe that Clark didn't hear Lana's comment in the first scene. However, though Clark couldn't miss that Lois is attracted to him, he might not be aware of the depth of Lois's feelings, he could believe that she doesn't only want give Clark to another woman. So it is wise for Clark to wait and see.

Gabriele
Blogger
Blogger
hey Annie, thought i'd chip in with a comment as i've just caught up on this wonderful story. i'm really enjoying this and it appears im not alone smile . especially liked

“I think you'd like it,” Clark responded quietly, his gaze locked with hers. “You might think it's bland or boring at first, but give it a chance. It'll surprise you.”
please post more soon!
Hayfever

thumbsup

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh, Annie, this was AMAZING!

What I love about this story are the things you write, and the way you write them. Absolutely terrific.
And let me say, this is going to be one of my favorite fics (no offense anyone else, of course).

“I can’t remember the last time I was in a restaurant with booths.”
“You mean they want to let poor kids go to private schools? Ugh, why would the rich kids’ parents keep their kids there?”
“Well, Superman is okay,” Lana was saying, “but what is his deal really? I heard he gives all his profits from Superman merchandise to charity? Can you just imagine? I mean, he could be so rich.”
“Desperate words from a desperate woman. If it weren’t so pathetic, I’d be mad. But you must know you don’t stand a chance next to me. Clark would never settle for you when he could have me. Sorry, but you need to accept that.”
And the worst:

You know he’s mine!
Lana is stupid razz Stupid, dumb, conceited and egoist.
(Does anyone disagree??)

My favorite point:

Lois wanted to bang her head on her desk. How had this happened? She certainly didn’t want Lana to come along, but she couldn’t really say no without looking like the bad guy. But how was she supposed to shine with Lana hogging the spotlight?

After a moment of feeling sorry for herself, however, a slow grin spread across her face as she began to formulate an idea.

“Jimmy!”
Oh, this was mean evil evil Mean and funny.
When I read that, I clapped my hands, I thought “Oh, my, this is going to be GOOD!” and then I burst out laughing.
Really really mean. I like it.

“Well, I just can’t imagine. He could live in the Hollywood Hills, hobnob with the rich and famous. Why, when I was working A Song for Ginger, I was talking to Patrick Swayze and he said-”

“Oh, were you in that movie?” Lois asked, trying desperately to refrain from rolling her eyes at Lana’s obvious name dropping. “I just saw that last weekend and I don’t recall seeing you in it.”

“Well, it was just a small part,” Lana said though gritted teeth. “But it was so much fun. And Patrick was a really great guy.”

“What part were you in?”

Lana’s eyes narrowed. “It was one of the early scenes, maybe you missed it.”

“Oh, I don’t think so. I always pay close attention to the beginning of movies. You never know when they are going to be important. Which scene was it?”

“The opening scene. But anyway-”

“Wasn’t the opening scene filmed in an L.A. mall?”

“Yes,” Lana snapped, obviously irritated. “I was a shopper. I told you it wasn’t a big part.”

“So you were an extra?”

Lana nodded tersely and Lois continued. “You were an extra, and you got to hang out with Patrick Swayze? How did that happen? My sister was an extra in a movie once and she was mad because the stars stayed locked up in their dressing rooms and didn’t even come out to sign autographs. Patrick Swayze must be a pretty nice guy if he actually hung out with you.”

“Well, I didn’t say that we actually hung out....”

“But you met him?”

“Well... I mean, I *saw* him. And Bruce said-”

“Whose Bruce?”

“The guy who operated the snack cart,” Lana mumbled.

Lois bit back her retort and watched Lana squirm. She could almost see the steam coming out of Lana’s ears.
Another mean and funny point. It made me ROTFLOLFH (Roll On The Floor Laughing Out Loud For Hours!!). evil AnnaBtG. (who likes it when Lois can be so mean…/me rubbing her hands, waiting impatiently for Lana’s complete humiliation)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie
loved this part
and Lois
more soon please
merry

Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
After she read this,
I'm very disappointed that all Lois did was get a new dress. Not very imaginative,
Gabrielle responded,
I diagree: a new dress is gives Lois self-confidence and a feeling of new start.
Gabrielle, it's true. I think most of us agree that a new dress was just perfect. smile

But you may not have noticed that the person who was complaining was Tank. Tank, who although he didn't specifically mention the word 'haircut' in this particular thread, is always calling for authors to take the plunge and give Lois a haircut in their stories. And in feedback for the previous thread, I think he did mention that Lois' makover simply wouldn't be complete without one. That's why he said it wasn't enough.

He's persistent, we've got to say that for him. wink

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
First I just want to say that I'm totally astounded by the sheer quantity of comments I got on this part. Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. I can't begin to tell you how happy you've made me. smile

YAY Clark, but boo Lana!
LOL! My language quirks are beginning to rub off, I see!

A brief note about the charter schools discussion: (A quick definition - charter schools are a relatively new idea. They are public schools funded with public money, but run not by the government but by private individuals or organizations. Their existance and their funding has been debated widely.) I just wanted to say that I don't normally address political issues in my stories, and I certainly don't intend to use my stories as a chance to preach my political views. However, I felt it was very important at this time to demonstrate the intellectual relationship Clark and Lois share. I chose charter schools because they are a debateable topic, yet they don't carry the type of emotional issues that topics like abortion or gun control would.

That said....

I'm glad y'all enjoyed Lois' tactics, both in the booth and out. This part seems to have been a favorite:

BRILLIANT, Lois, just brilliant. What a great idea! Jimmy could just annoy the heck out of Lana.

anyway, lois certainly put "jimmy interruptus" to good use.

(what a inspiration to get Jimmy along)

I love the use of Jimmy as a "distraction" for the incredibly shallow, Lana!!

Isn't it nice to see Jimmy's... um, social talents being put to good use?
Heck, even Tank agrees:
Tank (who gives Lois credit for actually finding a use for Jimmy)
As for this:

/me has a sudden thought... Lois is not REALLY going to cook, is she?

somehow, i doubt lois will actually be cooking. wonder what she'll order?

lots of time to play with still and somehow I don't think Lois's cooking will be the only obstacle between she and Clark getting together

Can't wait to see Lois cooking...

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to dinner at Lois'.
well, tune in to the next installment, and all your questions will be answered.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Ooh! I could literally see the knives out on this one! I'm glad that Lois is sticking up for Clark and I like how Lana is acting like a total bitch and a half. Lois was right in how she defended Clark and I totally hated the way Lana described Rachel Harris. Lois give that girl her just desserts now! I can't wait for the next part wonder if Lana decides to tag along...
And using Jimmy to distract Lana that was classic! It had me thumbsup laugh

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard