Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SNL Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautiful, thought provoking and a Mad Dog Lane!

This story if showing a lot of interesting potential.

wave

Looking forward to Part 2.

regards,

SNL

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark stepped into the living room with two steaming cups of coffee and set one down in front of his guest. "Here you go, Mayson."

Mayson gingerly picked up the cup and took a sip. "Mmm. Thankyou, Clark."
You did not just go there...

"I see." Mayson stood up and shouldered her purse. "Then I guess there's nothing more to say." With that, she left.
Okay, you're forgiven. :p

Miss lane
Just a capitalization you might feel like fixing later. Nothing picky.

Hm, Mike's dying, Lois is seeing Clark for the first time in who knows how long...I love other peoples' drama besides mine.
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dr. Klein's eyes widened and he took the child from her. "Okay! Okay! Erm, let's assume, then, that he really is Superman's child. What exactly happened, Miss---?"

"Lane. Lois Lane."

"Wait---Lois Lane? I remember you; didn't you used to write for the Daily Planet? Yes, yes, and you always got all those great Superman exclusives---oh."

Lois' head snapped up. "It wasn't like that!"
To funny. laugh

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Bernie handled that pretty well.

*THE* notch. Oh, that's funny.

Exit Mayson. Goody!

Tears rolled down her cheeks. Mike---her baby, her precious angel that she wouldn't trade for all the Pulitzers in the world---was dying. And the only one who could save him was Clark.

"Help," Lois said, weakly. She took in a shaky breath. "Help!"

Lois straightened. She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand and sucked in a lung-full of the cold air. "HELP, SUPERMAN!"

For a moment, she thought he hadn't heard. She slowly turned and was about to re-enter the building when suddenly there was a soft thud behind her.

"Lois?"
Oh, you are so mean!

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is too funny... and nail-bitingly angsty... and... and hurry back with more, okay? Call for Superman to fly you to the paved road, or better yet, to the internet connection!

He picked up his keys and was reaching for the light-switch when suddenly the door flew open and a very disheveled woman spilled into the room, clutching an unconscious little boy.
I can see her spilling into the room.

Dr. Klein's eyes widened and he took the child from her. "Okay! Okay! Erm, let's assume, then, that he really is Superman's child. What exactly happened, Miss---?"

"Lane. Lois Lane."

"Wait---Lois Lane? I remember you; didn't you used to write for the Daily Planet? Yes, yes, and you always got all those great Superman exclusives---oh."

Lois' head snapped up. "It wasn't like that!"
I think Arawn commented on this already, but... yes, too funny! rotflol

"His pulse is faint, but still there. He seems to have slipped into a comma.
Personally, I found this hilariously funny, too. (And now he's slipped into a question mark... and now into an exclamation mark... sorry, I couldn't resist. I would never have joked about this if it hadn't been so darn funny! And I know all about typos, so take it in the spirit it was meant from a fellow - uh, typist?)

"Don't mention it." Clark took a seat next to her on the sofa. "So, how did you like the movie?"

"It was..." Mayson sipped her coffee thoughtfully. "...interesting."

"It was always one of my favorites." Clark took a gulp from his cup.
Love how you show us that this is a match made in heaven...not!!! rotflol

"Well, we've been seeing each other for quite a while now, and I think it might be time to maybe consider taking our relationship up a notch."

Clark raised an eyebrow. "Up a notch?"

"Yes, Clark; up a notch." She scooted closer to him so that their hips were touching. "THE notch."

"Oh." Clark swallowed. "THE notch."

"Yes, THE notch. We've gotten to know each other well enough, I think. I certainly find you attractive, and I'd thought maybe you'd---?"

Clark set his cup down. "Mayson, you are a VERY attractive woman."

"But---?"

"But, I just don't think I'm ready to move up that particular notch."
Sorry to quote all of it, but it is so funny. And cute, even if I can't tell you why. You've left me stumped for words, Mary!

After a while, Clark stood and raked a hand through his hair. The second woman to become an important part of his life, and the second woman to walk out on him forever. At least she hadn't run off screaming and shouting obscenities...
Ahhh!!! I can just see (and hear) Lois running off screaming and shouting obscenities!

Dr. Klein sat down in front of her and took her hands in his. "Miss Lane, we need to contact his father. I don't know how things are between you two, but it's the best chance Mike will have. It might be the only chance Mike will have!"

Lois looked at Mike, lying still and helpless on the examining table, then back at Dr. Klein. Her bottom lip began to tremble. "I---I---I can't..."
C'mon, Lois!!! That's the wrong answer to give when you are told that this is the only thing that could save your son!!!!

Clark wandered to his bedroom and leaned against the doorframe. His eyes fell on the bed, and for a while he allowed himself to relive those precious moments when Lois didn't hate him.

Until she woke up and screamed.
What...? How...? You've got to tell us sometime about those precious moments when Lois didn't hate him, and when, presumably, she enthusiastically cooperated with Clark in making Mike! (Yes, yes, I'm sure you told us in part one already... okay, okay, I'll go back and re-read it... maybe... <grumble>)

Lois paced in front of the building. The air was a bit nippy, but she didn't care. She had to think!
Lois, there is a time for everything. There is a time for breathing in the nippy night air, admiring the light-polluted skies of Metropolis and wondering about which of the washed-out points of lights above, which you consequently can't see, is the star that shone its red light on the world that saw the birth of Superman. And then there is a time for screaming, at the top of your lungs, HELP, SUPERMAN!!!!!

She had come to Metropolis willing to do anything it took to save Mike's life, but could she do this? Could she not? How would Clark react when she told him? IF she told him, she mentally corrected herself. Clark might be furious that she kept Mike a secret from him for so long.

But then, who was he to complain about keeping secrets?
So what do you prefer, Lois? Keeping Mike a secret from Clark, or keeping him alive? mad

That was another thing; she would have to tell Clark that she knew his secret. How would they handle that?
Just the right thing to worry about while your son is dying. <fuming>

And how would they handle Mike?
Ah, well, I guess you and Clark will have a joint funeral arrangement for him, eh?

She'd initially left Metropolis in order to avoid opening any can of worms that having Clark's baby might turn out to be. Now life had just handed her a can-opener.
So use that can-opener that life handed you and open up those vocal cords of yours, Lois!!!

Tears rolled down her cheeks. Mike---her baby, her precious angel that she wouldn't trade for all the Pulitzers in the world---was dying. And the only one who could save him was Clark.

"Help," Lois said, weakly. She took in a shaky breath. "Help!"

Lois straightened. She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand and sucked in a lung-full of the cold air. "HELP, SUPERMAN!"
Finally!!!!

For a moment, she thought he hadn't heard. She slowly turned and was about to re-enter the building when suddenly there was a soft thud behind her.

"Lois?"
Yes, and she needs your blood, flyboy! All of it, so get that super-butt of yours into Star Lab and go save your son pronto!!!!

And you better be back next week as you promised, Mary, or else I'm certainly going to send a few of these little fellas out your unpaved way!!!! <fumes> wildguy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! I'm off to see Clark's reaction to Lois showing up.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard