Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33300 10/08/06 10:43 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I loved that one! Can't wait for the rest of the story!
“Who handles the Superman exclusives where you come from?”

“Lois, or Clark. Our Clark,” Kal-El said.

Clark checked his watch. “Well, you have forty-five minutes to give me something. We’ve got a great shot of the visiting Superman for the front page.”
Just the thing to tell the other Lois and Kal-El!

Kal-El had already started typing on the computer keyboard, fingers moving faster than any normal human’s. Wanda noticed that Clark didn’t seem surprised at Kal-El’s typing speed.
Yes! Another slip! Why should Kel-El write a story? For all *his* Lois knows, he doesn't know anything about writing...

Kal-El shrugged and patted her hand. “There are some things better left a mystery. This needs to about Superman arriving on the scene in this Metropolis. I think Mister Kent will be relatively pleased with it. I’m pretty sure Mister White would be.”
And how does Kal-El know what Perry would be pleased with? Lois must be truly brainwashed not to get it!

(Lois:)“Good quotes. You do good work. Most people can’t write about themselves, especially in third person.”
Well, he has quite some practice, hasn't he?

“I’m Wanda Detroit and this is Charlie King,” Wanda introduced herself. The older woman gave her a disbelieving look and began to laugh. “Clark, what gives?” she asked as she caught sight of Clark.

“Martha Kent, Mom, I’d like to introduce you to Lois Lane and Kal-El. They’re visiting from another dimension,” Clark explained.

Wanda felt her jaw drop. How did he know? Had Superman told him? Why hadn’t he said anything earlier? Her astonishment started to turn to anger. He’d been laughing at her, at them! But, wait - he knew they were from another dimension? And Martha seemed to take that announcement in stride like they'd just come in from out of town.

“Lois, honey,” Martha said with a grin. “Anyone who knows Clark’s wife knows she uses Wanda Detroit as a pen name, among other things. I’ve seen her sing at the Stardust, too.”
Great! Couldn't keep from smiling! And referring to that Lois as "Clark's wife" on top of it.. It's pretty cool!

“Mrs. Kent, who are Lady Zara and Ching?” Kal-El asked. “And what are you afraid they want?”

Wanda watched conflicting emotions cross the woman’s face, worry, relief.

“Zara is the acting First Lord of New Krypton, acting head of the ruling house, which happens to be the house of El. Ching is her consort. Clark tried to explain it all to me but I still don’t understand it. It’s just too foreign,” Martha said. “Under Kryptonian law, Kal-El, our Kal-El, and Zara are in a binding contracted marriage between the House of El and the House of Ra, but are legally separated since he refuses to live on New Krypton. She has control of his lands and estates until his heir goes to New Krypton to accept the titles and responsibilities as head of the House of El.”

“And you’re afraid they’re coming to take one of the children to become his heir on this other planet?” Kal-El asked.
And Lois still doesn't get it... He has literally spelled it out, for heaven's sake!

“It’s a barbaric place,” Martha said. “He almost didn’t come back went he went there ten years ago to help stop a civil war."
Nice to know that Martha can "open up" like that, too!

All in all, it's a wonderful piece of work, and I'm anxious to see the rest of it.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#33301 10/09/06 05:03 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, really like this! thumbsup

“Good job. Thanks,” Clark Kent said with a grin as he walked into the conference room. He had a small dark haired boy on one hip. The boy had large, brown, almond-shaped eyes that watched her solemnly. “Oh, this is Jordan. Jordan, say hello to Wanda and Charlie.”

Jordan hid his face in his father’s chest.
Oh, dang, I can see him, Dandello! He's adorable! How old is he? Three?

Clark checked his watch. “Well, you have forty-five minutes to give me something. We’ve got a great shot of the visiting Superman for the front page.”

“And Superman sells papers,” Wanda said. It was something she’d heard often enough over the past week from Perry White.

“Almost as good as tragedy and sex,” Clark said.

“Almost?” Wanda asked.

Clark shrugged. “Well, Superman’s been in Metropolis nearly fourteen years. He’s not exactly old news, but it has to be a pretty big problem to make the front page anymore. Now, a different Superman visiting, that’s news.”
And I love this! It's so absolutely absurdly funny! What male person would sell most papers in the world today? Brad Pitt? Okay, imagine an editor of a large newspaper telling his reporters, "Well, Brad Pitt has been around for fourteen years, so he's a little old news, but now we have another Brad Pitt visiting us from another dimension, and that's news!" You know what, Dandello? I agree! thumbsup

Ann

#33302 10/16/06 02:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard