great part but I missed the cuddling. wink

Oh I hope they can save LabRat.

Can't wait for the next one.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. The spot next to her in the bed had an indentation to it, which indicated that Clark had indeed slept there, but had kept his word and had been a gentleman all night. She remembered feeling safe and secure though, and she smiled thinking of the warmth she felt snuggling up to him.
Very sweet, but I, too, would have liked to see more of the snuggling!

LabRat came bounding up on the bed and licked her face, breaking her pleasant reverie. “I know, I know, I’m getting up, boy,” Lois said, kissing him on the top of his soft head. “Did your father send you in here to wake me up?” she said loudly, even though, as an afterthought, she realized that Clark could have heard her even if she whispered. <Hard man to keep secrets from isn’t he??>
This sounds like the beginning of an adorable morning routine.... razz

“The reason that they want him back is because apparently when Luthor Corp was digging up the soil in the area, they came across a vein of green meteor rock. They somehow made up a ‘super fertilizer’ with it and they fed LabRat here some food that was grown using the fertilizer in the soil. It apparently gave the dog some … unusual abilities.”
So this is Super Pooch??? eek

They should have named him Krypto.

I can’t get anywhere near that field where the Kryptonite is. That presents a big problem.”

“You can’t go near there. But LabRat and I can,” Lois said, smiling slyly.
Yeaahhh!!! Go, Lois!!!

“First things, first, Lois. We have to get LabRat out of Smallville before they find him. I’m sure the Vet’s office called Luthor Corp right away when you didn’t come back in with the dog you described. And technically, they own him; we have no rights to him at all.”

“Hmmm. I’ve got it, Clark! Didn’t Lucy say they had a huge place? Yes, when she invited me to live with her and James. I wonder how she’d feel about having a dog?”

“All they can do is say no, Lois. Once I tell James there might be a big story behind him, I’m sure he’ll cave in. He has a beautiful home right on the river, with a decent size yard. It’ll be perfect, and then we can see him every day!”
Perfect!!!

“Is there some way to have that electronic tag removed?” Lois wanted to know.

“I’m not sure, but there is a scientist at STAR LABS that’s always helped me out with weird stuff… his name is Bernie Klein. Ironically, he rides a motorcycle with the license plate of LabRat,” Clark said. “If anyone could help us and keep a low profile, it would be him.”
rotflol

Clark looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was following them. “You know, I have a way to make this old truck into a turbo!”

In a flash, Clark got underneath the vehicle and raised it off the ground about three feet. Using old dirt roads, he flew the truck and its two precious occupants back to the farm in a matter of minutes.
I would have loved to see that!!!

“Wow, that was cool!” Lois exclaimed as her and the golden retriever hopped out of the truck. “Think of the money people would save if we could put a Clark Kent in everyone’s gas tank!”
rotflol

“You were a typical jock,” Lois stated. “The football hero that goes for the hot blond in the short cheerleader mini-skirt. Wow. I think I would have hated you in high school.”

Clark smiled. “You’re right, Lois, I admit it. I was caught up in all of that stuff. I had felt like an oddball for so long, though, as my powers were developing, that when I made it to high school and finally fit in, I got a bit carried away by it all.”

Lois became more serious. “I understand, Clark. Believe me, if I had been able to be a cheerleader in high school, I probably would have blown off the journalism club. There were quite a few geeks in there, and to have had a chance to hang out with the popular cliquey girls – I would have jumped at it. I guess I’m just jealous of someone like Lana, and mad at her at the same time. She had you – and she blew it. I still can’t believe she just walked out on you when you needed her the most.”
I love their honesty here.

Clark slowly descended and using his telescopic vision, he realized that it was the testing area for the fertilizer being developed by the plant.

When he was within 100 feet of the roof, he suddenly felt a strange constricted feeling in his throat and arms. Staying aloft became challenging. He held Lois tighter and quickly propelled himself in the opposite direction.
Nooo!!! The Kryptonite is affecting him!

Lois stared at him, frightened. “Clark! What was that all about? And you’re … actually sweating. Are you gonna be okay?”

“Kryptonite… in that field of grass… only felt like that once before… the day Tempus exposed my secret identity,” Clark gasped, feeling slightly better as he put distance between him and the Luthor Corp plant. “But something in the composition of that fertilizer must be intensifying the effects of the Kryptonite radiation. If that hits the marketplace, and word gets out that it can harm me, every crook in Metropolis will be buying a bag of it.”
They have enhanced the effects of the Kryptonite. Figures.

“Lois – the men that killed you. I hunted them down. I killed them with my own bare hands. I was the Sheriff, but I took the law into my own hands. I couldn’t live knowing your killers were walking around free, and I couldn’t live with myself after I killed them. So –“

“So you killed yourself afterwards,” Lois said, completing the sentence. “You committed suicide. Oh, God, Clark. No wonder we’re both so messed up in this life.”
I'm not too interested in this reincarnation stuff, but I have to say - the idea of Lois being raped, Clark killing the rapists and then killing himself because he couldn't live with himself afterwards - well, I have to agree with Lois, no wonder they are so messed up in this life.

Now I'm looking forward to happier days for Lois and Clark. I would sure love to see Lois overcome her shyness in front of Clark, so that she is ready to do more than snuggle when she gets in bed with him. wink

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow I guess I really goofed not including the actual cuddling part in the chapter. I'll make up for in a later chapter, I promise! Whew!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my goodness. I totally missed that's you posted another part. I'll post feedback just as soon as I get a chance to read it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's OK, I promised Sunday for the next chapter and ooops - haven't started writing it yet!

So I guess we'll be looking at Tuesday for the next Chapter. And it's probably going to be 25 chapters not 20, because new stuff keeps coming to me (don't you hate that? the muse downloads stuff in your head that you just can't ignore LOL)

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yeah, I totally understand. 'A New Hero' started out at about 250 KB's. It's over a 1000, now. rotflol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I promise I'm going to read that one from the beginning and get caught up to date.

So much going on, all the time.............

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We need some cuddling in the future, Chris, but this was so sweet...

The spot next to her in the bed had an indentation to it, which indicated that Clark had indeed slept there, but had kept his word and had been a gentleman all night.
~~

Ahhh.....
That doesn’t mean that you’re not worthy of being loved, Lois. I’ll let you know a secret about men that you probably don’t know.”

“Really? What’s that?” Lois said, her eyes misting over.

“That once a man falls in love, really truly falls in love, looks completely fall to the wayside. The way he feels when he’s around that woman – well it overshadows everything else. Some men aren’t capable of real love, they’re too afraid of being hurt. But a man that is truly in love – well, his woman is always the most beautiful lady in any room. She has his heart and soul. And that’s what you have – my heart and my soul.”
I just love this sweet, sweet man.
~~

Wait til it's dark, Lois. laugh Then you won't be so blush .
Lois broke the spell. “Clark, it’s really getting hard for me to stop at the kiss level,” she admitted. “But I’m too scared to think about more right now. I need to get over my embarrassment at your seeing me – naked. And I don’t know how long that’s going to take. I’m just being honest with you. I have a lot of paranoid hang-ups.”
~~

Great part. I continue to enjoy the little Smallville snippets that you include.

Nancy

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“That once a man falls in love, really truly falls in love, looks completely fall to the wayside. The way he feels when he’s around that woman – well it overshadows everything else. Some men aren’t capable of real love, they’re too afraid of being hurt. But a man that is truly in love – well, his woman is always the most beautiful lady in any room. She has his heart and soul. And that’s what you have – my heart and my soul.”
What a fabulous paragraph. And it is true - my husband told me something similar once.

very interesting angles on LabRat, the kryponite and the deju vu

nice chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Geep! Help! I can't find Chapter 18! eek

It does exist, right???

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Chapter 18 right now exists here in my computer, and I will try to post it tonite before I go to bed!!!

Thanks for the gentle push!

Chris

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Sweet part. I love their conversation about their relationship and how Lois looks.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard