Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AnnieJ Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi Everyone! Please let me know what you think about this third section.

Thanks for reading,
AnnieJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is something missing here?

I had to get out of there. I just glared at them. How could they have lied to me? I’m their daughter. Didn’t I deserve to know? I’m 13 for goodness sake! I’ve been old enough for a long time to keep a secret. Instead they wait until my
Mom and Dad looked at me. Their concern was genuine, but Dad had a slight smile on his face. “I have.” came my Dad’s voice. “Do you remember Grandpa Kent’s old red truck?”
What exactly does 'hung on me' mean? I've never heard this before.
but I was up to bat and the game hung on me.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
AnnieJ Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Is something missing here?

Yes... I will fix that. Thanks!
What exactly does 'hung on me' mean? I've never heard this before.
but I was up to bat and the game hung on me.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I am using the idiom approprately. It refers to the importance of Callie hitting the ball. If everything "hangs" on something it is considered very important.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd suggest... the game was hanging on me.

I would have gotten that. It's also more proper English.

Interesting story.

AnnieJ Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I'd suggest... the game was hanging on me.

I would have gotten that. It's also more proper English.

Interesting story.
I will change that. Thanks!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

I also remembered the time he stayed to watch me play the Jr. Softball Championship. He looked like he really wanted to go, but I was up to bat and the game was hanging on me. I told him to stay; I needed him to be there. And he did, and that day a bank got robbed, no one was hurt, but Superman hadn’t shown on the scene until later and the robbers had gotten away. Dad was miserable the rest of that afternoon. I didn’t understand why, until now. A wave of guilt and understanding washed over me. Those robbers weren’t caught because I wanted my dad to see me hit a stupid softball. I hadn’t put two and two together, until now. I thought about a variety of events in the Kent household. Everything made more and more sense knowing.
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where are you?

MAF cat

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Annie, where are you??

AnnieJ Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't posted the next section of the story. I had the majority of at least Clark and Callie's time in Smallville written and "poof" it was gone! whinging It wasn't saved (don't ask me why or how) confused . The section I wrote was quite humorous. I have been working 12-14 hour days so I haven't had a chance to re-write it.

Thank you to everyone who is actually reading this story. I am enjoying writing it, when I have time! It is going to be at least another couple of weeks before the next section is ready due to my crazy schedule, grades due, and parent/teacher conferences.

Smiles,
AnnieJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard