Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“What do you think?” I ask her. She looks exhausted. I think whether I love this one or not, I’d better stick with it unless I want her to fall asleep at her sewing machine.

Then I notice she’s staring at the yellow belt... actually, directly at the red briefs below it. Mom? What is she thinking?

“One thing’s for sure. Nobody’s going to be looking at your face,” she says, as if in answer to my question.
rotflol

I listen for the moaning, trying to pinpoint where it’s coming from, and then I see it, the wreck. My heart falls. It’s Lana’s car.
What?! And there's all this I love you stuff when he's going to break up with her, and now he can't even think about doing that since she's in this horrible accident...

You are official member of the cruel author cliff-hanger club!!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, DJ, this is so beautifully written. I like how you capture Lana's love for Clark. It so reminds me of the unrequited love that Chloe Sullivan feels for Clark in Smallville.

In this part:

..bag of various cloths and materials
I'd suggest ...bag of various fabrics.

I love this part:
– Lana would die if she knew I’d eaten a bomb –
Yeah, she sure would be mad, Clark. She won't even let you eat a sandwich. Cholesterol, you know.... lol

Of course they don't recognize you. They don't call 'em tights for nothin'.

Surely someone will recognize me. Lois? Jimmy? Perry? But no one seems to.
I thought at first Lana was going to recognize him right off, but then you gave us this:

Her eyelids flutter and she opens her eyes to look at me. “No! No, get away from me. Who are you?” she wheezes. I had forgotten I was still dressed in my red and blue suit.
Idiot! You tell the woman and she's afraid of you?

Idiot. You tell the woman and she's afraid of you?
Oh, you just had to tell her, didn't you?

Her face takes on a look of sadness as she opens her eyes and looks at me again. “I was coming to see you. A car... swerved over in my lane,” she whispers and places her hand against my chest. “Please don’t leave me. I’m so sorry.”
You probably won't leave at all:

“I... I won’t,” I tell her. No, I won’t leave her... at least not right now. “I’m right here. I’m going to get you to the hospital. Everything will be all right.”
Ah, this is so sweet/sad.

I feel my eyes start to fill with tears. She really does love me. She always has. And I do love her, even if we aren’t meant to be together. I start to tell her that I love her, too, when I realize she isn’t breathing. “Lana! Lana, don’t do this. Stay with me. Please.”

She doesn’t respond. I fly as fast as I can to the hospital, taking care to shelter her body with my own as much as I can. She can’t die. Not like this.
I hope you don't kill her off. She's not a bad sort, really. How could she be? She loves Clark, even if she doesn't know how to treat him right...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my! This is just so Gaahhh!!
You are so mean leaving it like that.
“Help! Someone!” I could hear a voice yelling. Wait! No! That isn’t just any voice... that’s Lois! Oh, Lois, what are you doing here?

Exactly what I had expected of her, to try and sneak on board. I shake my head and smile.
I like this part. It's sweet, I think. blush
I feel my eyes start to fill with tears. She really does love me. She always has. And I do love her, even if we aren’t meant to be together. I start to tell her that I love her, too, when I realize she isn’t breathing. “Lana! Lana, don’t do this. Stay with me. Please.”

She doesn’t respond.
Is she going to die? Maybe you can just put her in a coma or something. Yeah, then she will have some kind of amnesia and can't remember anything about the Secret.

thumbsup Great Part! notworthy

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh I love this. I don't mind this kind of wham. Unless of course Lana survives and Clark decides he can never leave her. Then I'd have to come after you. wildguy laugh I guess so far I am the only cruel one who doesn't care what happens to Lana. blush I don't take well to those who get in Lois & Clark's way. laugh

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha! A page from Smallville's 100th episode. As long as we don't have a reset and change everything!

Look I don't want to see anyone die, but you know Clark's too soft to break up with her when she's recuperating.

Bring on the finale!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
great part and great cliffhanger and it brings tears every time.

So even if it is the last part bring it on. I will miss this story so much. I am so proud you've tried one of my ideas. Thank you DJ!

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Love it when Clark eyes the animal prints askance. The whole costume scene was one of my favorite parts of the pilot, and I always wondered what he really thought about some of those fabrics.

I’m sure later, if I live through this, I’m going to realize that this was an insane thing to do – Lana would die if she knew I’d eaten a bomb – but right now my mind just keeps screaming, ‘She’ll die! She’ll die! Just eat it!’
Since we know the bomb doesn't hurt him, this is actually pretty funny. But why is he worrying what Lana would think?

Everyone is staring at me. Surely someone will recognize me. Lois? Jimmy? Perry? But no one seems to.
Like Mom said, no one is looking at your face! laugh

What was Lana doing on the highway headed out of Smallville?
I think we can guess.

“No! No, get away from me. Who are you?” she wheezes. I had forgotten I was still dressed in my red and blue suit.
Gotta admit, if someone pulls me from a wrecked vehicle, I am not going to argue about whether they are a stranger or not. I would just be glad to be saved!

“I was coming to see you. A car... swerved over in my lane,” she whispers and places her hand against my chest. “Please don’t leave me. I’m so sorry.”
Oh boy. Guilt City, next exit.

No, I won’t leave her... at least not right now.
Are you sure?

“I love you.”

I feel my eyes start to fill with tears. She really does love me. She always has. And I do love her, even if we aren’t meant to be together.
Yes, but the aftermath of this might make you forget the "aren't meant to be" part.

Ok, so who here thinks that Clark can either a) dump a girl who loves him while she is in recovery from a car wreck while on her way to see him or b) sufficiently recover from the girl dying in that car wreck - and start a relationship with Lois all in one chapter? Oh, and tell Lois the truth about Superman in the meantime. I admit I am not hopeful for a happy Lois-and-Clark-in-love ending here.

DJ, you're mean! razz

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Get back here! hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow... great part, great spin... Can't you post the next part now??? smile

Julie

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Kinda super short FDK here, DJ.

And first of all: thanks to Nancy for making me realize how absolutely hilarious this was:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Yeah, she sure would be mad, Clark. She won't even let you eat a sandwich. Cholesterol, you know.... rotflol rotflol rotflol

The whole 'making-Clark-an-outfit' was very funny, too.

And I don't know why, but Jonathan's words,
“There she blows,”
reminded me, for some reason, of some time when I heard somebody say "Thar she blows" and it was funny. Could it be from Star Trek? Could it be something Scotty said? Oh, well.

And Clark saves Lois by eating the bomb, and I've always loved his burp afterwards:
Lois gasps as she watches me put the C-4 into my mouth and swallow it. A second later and I feel an eruption inside of me. It’s mildly uncomfortable, but I don’t think it did any damage. I’m amazed! I *ate* a bomb! And then I feel it coming. Uh-oh. “Brrrrrpp.”
rotflol

But hey, what's this?

I look at Lois. She doesn’t seem to know whether to be amazed or disgusted. “Excuse me,” I tell her.

“What...? What are you?” she asks me.
I'm a little disappointed at this. Somehow, I thought that this Lois really would recognize Clark. At least she respects Clark enough to entertain the notion that if Superman is an ordinary man in disguise, or rather if a seemingly ordinary guy is just pretending to be ordinary even though he's really Superman, this pretending-to-be-ordinary guy could be Clark Kent as well as anyone else. (I put that very succinctly, didn't I?)

“Wait! How will I find you?” she asks me.

“I’ll be around,” I assure her.
Yeah, well, you too have seen 'Superman Returns'....

As for Lana's crash... I won't quote from it, because it's not my favorite part of this chapter (and not my favorite part of this story, either). But it is ironic. Clark is in Metropolis saving Lois's life, and while he is gone Lana comes looking for him to retrieve him from Lois's clutches. She is driving so fast that she crashes her car, and she may in fact have died. How ironic that would be: Clark saves his girlfriend-to-be, only to, possibly, have to blame himself for his current girlfriend's death.

Is there WAFF at the end of this, DJ? You know how much I love WAFF. I love WAFF as much as I love smut, if that is possible! Hmmm.... Just one chapter to go, and things look angsty rather than WAFFy. Ah, well, what do they say - most FoLCs eat angst for breakfast?

So off with you, my very evil Metro, and write the last chapter for the breakfast club. But bring a little morsel for me, too, please? <Insert puppy dog eyes icon>

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

No, but seriously, thank you all for this fdk. I'm glad you *enjoyed* my cliffhanger. I hadn't done a really good one in a while. wink I knew this WHAM was going to bring controversy, but that's okay, I'm a big girl, I can take it... no, really, I can.

Okay, Jen, WOW, thanks for that thread title - I learned from the best...

You are official member of the cruel author cliff-hanger club!!
Do I get a button or something? cool

Nancy --

Oh, DJ, this is so beautifully written.
Oh, thank you!!!

..bag of various cloths and materials

-------------------------------

I'd suggest ...bag of various fabrics.
Thanks for the suggestion.

-------------------------------

Yeah, she sure would be mad, Clark. She won't even let you eat a sandwich. Cholesterol, you know....
Hee hee, glad you liked that... I had to continue my food theme somehow. wink

I hope you don't kill her off. She's not a bad sort, really. How could she be? She loves Clark, even if she doesn't know how to treat him right...
.... um .... no comment....

SPark --

Oh my! This is just so Gaahhh!!
You are so mean leaving it like that.
Yes! I'll take that as a compliment - I'm an apprentice of the evil queen, didn't you know?

Is she going to die? Maybe you can just put her in a coma or something
.... again, no comment....

Oh I love this. I don't mind this kind of wham. Unless of course Lana survives and Clark decides he can never leave her. Then I'd have to come after you.
Eeek! Jackie you haven't even read the last part yet and you're already sharpening the pitchfork? Yikes! wink

I guess so far I am the only cruel one who doesn't care what happens to Lana.
Uh, nope, you should have seen some of the comments I got from my beta and what she thought of my WHAM. Too funny...

ChaaBreh --

Bring on the finale!!
Will do! First thing in the morning.

Tahu --

So even if it is the last part bring it on. I will miss this story so much. I am so proud you've tried one of my ideas. Thank you DJ!
You're welcome! Thank YOU for the inspiration.

Lisa --

Love it when Clark eyes the animal prints askance.
Thanks! Glad you liked that. When Sue beta'd it she told me to picture her doing the Tarzan yell when she read that part. Ha ha!

Since we know the bomb doesn't hurt him, this is actually pretty funny. But why is he worrying what Lana would think?
He's not actually *worrying* so much about what she'd think as he was *remarking* on what she would think. Just force of habit when you've been dating someone...

Oh boy. Guilt City, next exit.
Yeah, tell me about it...

Ok, so who here thinks that Clark can either a) dump a girl who loves him while she is in recovery from a car wreck while on her way to see him or b) sufficiently recover from the girl dying in that car wreck - and start a relationship with Lois all in one chapter? Oh, and tell Lois the truth about Superman in the meantime. I admit I am not hopeful for a happy Lois-and-Clark-in-love ending here.
Are these the only choices???....

DJ, you're mean!
blush

Maria --

If she lives she will use her knowledge to control Clark.
Oooh, that's such a good point...

I vote for killing her!
laugh Maria you kill me!

JoMurf --

Can't you post the next part now???
Now where would be the fun in that? wink Sorry, I'm still tweaking a couple of things. Thanks for the fdk.

Ann --

With the "food theme" of this story, where you've gone to great lengths to show us how much Clark keeps splurging on unhealthy stuff, this 'eating a bomb' thing was just completely hilarious!
Hee hee, thank you Ann! I was really hoping you'd enjoy that last send off to the food theme. I knew you wouldn't like the latter part of the story, so I was hoping you'd enjoy the first part.

I'm a little disappointed at this. Somehow, I thought that this Lois really would recognize Clark.
Well there was that whole bomb swallowing thing. Tee hee...

Clark saves his girlfriend-to-be, only to, possibly, have to blame himself for his current girlfriend's death.
.... uh, .... no comment...

Is there WAFF at the end of this, DJ? You know how much I love WAFF. I love WAFF as much as I love smut, if that is possible! Hmmm....
*IS* that possible Ann? wink There's some WAFF, I promise...

So off with you, my very evil Metro, and write the last chapter for the breakfast club.
So off with you??? That sounds very familiar... "So off with you before someone drops a house on you too..." <DJ looks around nervously> Hee hee. Yes, I let evil Metro out to play on this one... I guess it's time to lock her back up again. Oh, and the "breakfast club" - that's cute, I like that. That is normally when I'm posting my stories - at least for me.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments. I'll see everyone for the finale during my breakfast tomorrow... hmm, Pop Tarts? Cold Cereal? Maybe a Ho-Ho...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hail, apprentice of the evil queen! razz If she were to Metropolis to "see" Clark, she was going to bring him back to Smallville in the luggage compartment. goofy

So, I vote for killing her. evil Clark is going to suffer, but he'll recover with Lois's help. love If you don't want to be guilty of killing her, you can write me in your story:

At night, a strange coming out of the blue sneaked into Lana's hospital room and strangled her.

That would be me. [Linked Image]

Well, I want Lois & Clark together. All is fair in love and war. blush

And DJ, I want my WAFFY! With sugar and a cherry on top, please! laugh

Andreia angel-devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
:rolleyes: Can we say Mayson Drake?

Her face takes on a look of sadness as she opens her eyes and looks at me again. “I was coming to see you. A car... swerved over in my lane,” she whispers and places her hand against my chest. “Please don’t leave me. I’m so sorry.”
I feel my eyes start to fill with tears. She really does love me. She always has.
(7/8)
There is no way this can end with sweetness and light. But I'm not sure killing Lana counts as a Whamm for most folks.

razz Now for whiny self pity from Clark Kent, getting in the way of true love and so forth and so on.

I would guess it will take several sequels and Dan Scardino, Lex Luthor and a host of bit players to get Lois and Clark together now.

Okay, Jen, WOW, thanks for that thread title - I learned from the best...

quote: You are official member of the cruel author cliff-hanger club!!

Do I get a button or something? [Cool]
Yup, here it is

[Linked Image]

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Andreia --

Hail, apprentice of the evil queen!
Hee hee. laugh

Me too! Two votes!
You are so funny Andreia!

If you don't want to be guilty of killing her, you can write me in your story:

At night, a strange coming out of the blue sneaked into Lana's hospital room and strangled her.

That would be me.

Well, I want Lois & Clark together. All is fair in love and war.
laugh laugh Ha ha! Loved the picture! That's awesome! Thanks! blush

Again thanks for all the comments and I'll see you for the conclusion in the morning!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, remember DJ, if you are going to talk about things like Pop-Tarts and Ho-Ho's you are going to have to explain it <giggles....>

Ah, someone else sees this Lana as Mayson Drake.

Love the picture Framework4 - Is that you?

Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good lord DJ, I just saw this story from you right now. How did I miss this??

Wow... I'm loving it. I'm glad I made it before the last chapter was posted.

Now I'm anxious to see where the story will go. Will she die or live? Please tell me you are gonna get Lois and Clark together?? ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Meanie! I should have just followed my first mind and not read this one until it got finished! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Do I get a button or something?
Hehe, yeah, it's conceivable you'll get a button. Heck, I was gonna be lazy, but I'll open up Photoshop tonight and see what happens...(and maybe it'll get my butt in gear to finish my real jobs LOL!)

Jen
smile1

[Linked Image]

Here ya go. Here's my 1am creation. goofy It lost a buncha resolution since I'm on the crappy computer instead of the work computer, but we still had a small party together. goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cool.
Hey that's nice Jen! clap

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! AWESOME! My very own button!

I will hug him and squeeze him and love him and pet him and I will call him George...

Ahem, sorry, reliving a childhood memory there. blush

Thanks Jen! That's too cool!

Nancy- Nope, no more explanations about Pop-Tarts and Ho-Ho's... hee hee

jo_jo_da_crow --

Hi! I'm so glad you made it before the end!!! I'm getting ready to post it shortly. My last entry on this story for the breakfast club (as Ann called it).

Hi Sheila! blush Well, I'm glad you didn't wait... you didn't have to wait too long - it's coming, just a few more minutes!

Okay, now I'll quit typing this so I can go post and proofread.

Thank you everyone!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard