Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
The second reason is, in my fantasies, whenever I dreamt about telling her, she always, always slaps me. Every single time.
When even a guy's own fantasies don't have good endings . . . laugh

Very cute!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute.

I read and read this part though, and I think I know what you mean, but I just can't get it to make any sense:

And I... didn’t. Perry turned me away. My dreams of a job at the Planet--shattered. My hopes of meeting Lois were equally unattainable.
Didn't what? I assume you mean that he didn't get a job at the Planet but to me it doesn't really seem connected (grammatically speaking) to anything.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi! Thanks for reading!!

Classicalla--I think what I was trying to say was:

She exuded confidence and professionalism.

And I... didn’t. Perry turned me away. My dreams of a job at the Planet--shattered. My hopes of meeting Lois were equally unattainable.

(SHE was confident, I wasn't.) He's trying to blame his inexperience and nerves on how come he didn't (initially) get the job.

But I agree with you, it is definitely confusing and/or a weird transition. Will be sure to clarify that before I send it on to archives!! Thanks!

--Wanda smile

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, trying to steer clear of the word "cute" Wanda, since it's been used...

This was adorable. laugh

I too loved the part about him getting slapped every time in his dreams. That was way too funny!

Loved it.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Most excellent!! smile

As soon as Lois Lane saw Superman, she was hooked. And I was burnt toast, left on the sidelines, kaput.
Burnt toast? hehehe! very witty! Loved it!!

The second reason is, in my fantasies, whenever I dreamt about telling her, she always, always slaps me. Every single time.
ROFL! I wonder why she'd do that... wink

Gotta go read "he said she said" again, now. hehehe! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
I loved the line about her slapping him too! Very cute story!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard