Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Loving this, Metro! It's Clark, but at the same time it's not. He is so confident. It's the Clark that he would be if he wasn't trying to differentiate himself from Superman. And since he isn't a rival, Lois is warming up to him nicely. Of course, the Lana situation is a problem.

Does she think I’m... what? Interested in her? My mind recoils in shock... am I? No, no of course not.
Yes, of course not, Clark.

Cute? She thinks I’m cute?
Yep, not interested at all. smile

The Chinese food scene is so much nicer without the "Don't fall for me, farmboy" line! Really liking this Clark and Lois.

I should. But, I don’t. “No. I’m not.”
Ok, I should get on my womanly how-could-you-lie-to-me high horse, but I really can't blame him here. So long as he drops Lana quickly, anyway.

This is great, Metro, thank you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! goofy

I’m definitely in a relationship. In fact, I’m in a serious relationship. What do I think I’m doing? I should come clean with her right now.

You should come clean with yourself, Clark. Dump Lana faster than a speeding bullet. devil

Lois smiles and we lock eyes for a moment, a long moment. She breaks the contact first and looks like she wants to say something to me, but she doesn’t. What could it have been, I wonder?
Me too. :rolleyes:

Definitely there's an attraction between them and I'm looking forward for what they are gonna do about it. blush

You can post next part now, DJ. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another slick move by Clark getting into the Platt story! They really are cute together, and it's fun that Clark is so perseptive. Now that I'm thinking about it, most of the pilot stories I've read are really 3rd personesque, so this is probably the first time I've watched Clark try to decipher what in the world Lois is thinking LOL. Certainly a task for the few and the proud.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Blogger
Blogger
Hi! I am loving your story. thumbsup
Please dont stop writing!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi again. thumbsup clap
Pop Tarts, cold cereal, Fig Newtons, and a banana. Chad is a great friend, but definitely a bachelor. I crinkle my nose a little. At least if he’d had some Twinkies, Ding-dongs, or Ho-Ho’s that would have been something. I opt for the closest thing and grab a Pop Tart.
I don't know any of this food except for the banana. I haven't seen or even heard of those sweets.(Are those even sweets?)
Pardon, I seem to live under a rock.
She regards me with a little apprehension. Does she think I’m... what? Interested in her? My mind recoils in shock... am I? No, no of course not.
I love it when Clark keeps asking himself about certain things throughout this story. He question himself and answer them himself.
“Yes you are. Cute farm boy from Kansas dreaming of life in the big city. Okay, I think I might have enough time to give you that tour you’re wanting, if we hurry. Come on.”

Cute? She thinks I’m cute?
Yes, Clark you're cute! I think this is very sweet of Lois saying he is cute and she is so nice to him! Question: Does Clark wear glasses here in your story? I don't know if you mentioned it in your previous part or I just have missed it.
She looks a little disappointed at my efforts to sidestep her advances. “Smallville Post, where’s that? Kansas?” she remarks snidely.
Now I don't want to be rude but Cat knows where Smallville is?
I look up at Lois to find her smiling at me. It’s not your run of the mill smile, either. I feel a heat starting deep inside me - I’m definitely attracted to her. I glance at her left hand. No ring.
Yay! dance
An uncontrollable laugh escapes from my lips. It feels good. When I’m around Lana I have so many inhibitions, but around Lois I feel so... myself.
Awwww! blush
Lois smiles and we lock eyes for a moment, a long moment. She breaks the contact first and looks like she wants to say something to me, but she doesn’t. What could it have been, I wonder?
I wonder too. Are you going to tell us?

When are you posting the next part??

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Loving this! Keep on posting.

Pop Tarts, cold cereal, Fig Newtons, and a banana. Chad is a great friend, but definitely a bachelor. I crinkle my nose a little. At least if he’d had some Twinkies, Ding-dongs, or Ho-Ho’s that would have been something. I opt for the closest thing and grab a Pop Tart.
Love that Clark and I had the same breakfast this morning!!! smile

Can't wait 'til part 4

Julie

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Get back here! hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Thank you for the fdk!

Lisa -

And since he isn't a rival, Lois is warming up to him nicely.
Yes. Exactly! Thanks.

The Chinese food scene is so much nicer without the "Don't fall for me, farmboy" line! Really liking this Clark and Lois.
Hmm, I thought so too. That's the point where Lois held her tongue and didn't make any snide remarks.

Ok, I should get on my womanly how-could-you-lie-to-me high horse,
Does it make you feel any better to know that he's going to continue to beat himself up over this nonadmission? laugh

Andreia -

No Lana. Lots of Lois & Clark. It's the perfect chapter for me.
Hee hee hee. laugh

You can post next part now, DJ.
laugh Tomorrow, I promise.

Jen --

Certainly a task for the few and the proud.
You're not kidding there!!!

Yakira -- Thanks! I love to write. Glad you are enjoying it.

Spark -

I don't know any of this food except for the banana. I haven't seen or even heard of those sweets.(Are those even sweets?)
Pardon, I seem to live under a rock.
No, seriously, are you pulling my leg? You've never had any of those things? Awww, man, that's awful! Okay, Pop Tarts are sort of a pastry, usually with a fruit/jelly filling and a hard icing on the top. They are sweet and you can toast them for breakfast or eat as a snack. Cold cereal is just that - Cheerios, Corn Flakes, etc... Fig Newtons are a soft cookie with a fruit filling. Then Twinkies - they are a yellow cake with a fluffy cream filling. Ding-Dongs are small round chocolate cakes with chocolate icing and cream filling - Ho-ho's are kind of the same except they are long instead of round.

On the show, Clark was always eating junk food like that. In one episode Lois gets a bunch of stuff like that for alt-Clark and he looks at her like she's crazy (but she assumed he'd like it since her Clark did).

Sorry, I went on a little long with that, but I felt that you needed to know... hee hee.

Question: Does Clark wear glasses here in your story? I don't know if you mentioned it in your previous part or I just have missed it.
Yes, I mentioned the glasses, here's a quote from the first post of my story (when he's getting ready to eat his sandwich):

I sigh, putting my sandwich back down on the plate, and I lower my glasses to have a look. It’s Lana!
Now I don't want to be rude but Cat knows where Smallville is?
No, she didn't know. What that part said was "Smallville Post, where's that? Kansas?" she remarks snidely. She didn't know where it was, she picked on Kansas because Kansas is known for it's sweet little small towns that no ones heard of... Kansas gets picked on a lot - like in the Wizard of Oz. :-)

------------------------

I wonder too. Are you going to tell us?
When she paused here, in the original pilot that's when she told him not to "fall for her, farmboy" but she decides not to tell him something like that in this story. :-)

Julie -

Love that Clark and I had the same breakfast this morning!!!
Ha ha! That cracked me up - so which flavor of Pop Tart did you eat? I pictured Clark eating Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. blush

Maria -

Why would he thing Lois will be interest in him?
Because he told her he was on his way to see her that morning (and they had danced together the night before)...

Oh, thank you so much for all this wonderful fdk! And thanks for all the questions too! It keeps me on my toes. When Spark asked if I had mentioned the glasses I started to panic, I was like "well did I?" I had to search my story to see. When I found it was going "whew", glad to see I hadn't lost it that bad...

But seriously, thank you everyone!!! dance

Oh, and I'll have part 4 up sometime tomorrow, possibly in the morning. Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I LOVE this story!!

I ran into the same issue with Twinkies, etc with one of my stories.

Maybe this will help some of you:

Remember in the pilot when Lois comes to pick Clark up and finds him in the towel?

Lois says: I said nine. I thought you'd be naked... ready.

CLARK says: I was on the phone. I'll be out in jiff.

Clark grabs his clothes, walks into the bathroom, shuts the door. Lois, suddenly hot, looks around, finds a paper cup, opens the tiny refrigerator, looks inside.

Inside the refrigerator Lois finds peanut butter and jelly, orange juice, Kool-Aid, root beer, etc.

She pours herself a glass of orange juice, looks around, opens the cabinets. They're filled with animal crackers, sugary cold cereals, Ding-Dongs.

This is what the script says. If I remember correctly there were also Ho-ho's and Twinkies in the cabinent.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And, of course, I should have realized this would show up in the next part... Duh...

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, I'm so late with my FDK again, let's jump right in....

I feel as wide-eyed and out of my depth as Lois probably did later in this chapter, when Clark got her that excellent *Chinese* Chinese food. I don't know if Chad's food is excellent - probably not - but it strikes me as similarly out of this world, or at the very least out of this country (Sweden). I think I know what a Pop Tart is, though I'm not absolutely sure, but Ho-Ho's? Well, Nancy told me they were something or other with chocolate. But Ding-dongs? And Fig Newtons? The sort of figs that, unlike Newton's apple, float in the air instead of falling to the ground? (Hey!!! Flying figs! Super figgies! In little blue spandex suits! You gotta undress them before you can eat them - oh, we're getting dangerously close to nfic territory.... goofy )

Seriously, or moderately so, I love the food theme here, DJ!

And... Okay, I understand that that part about Clark saving that man from down the manhole was probably taken more or less straight from the pilot. The scene worked beautifully here, when told from Clark's POV. I loved Clark's implied anxiety attack here:

The worker coughs and then squints his eyes open. His eyes meet with mine briefly and they widen. Uh, oh. Does he recognize me? How? It was so dark down there. I was careful!

“That man! He saved me!” the worker cries.
Hey! You almost gave me a heart attack! Well, Clark certainly knew how to vamoose quickly, and...
I turn to walk off before anyone can ask any more questions and I run headfirst into Lois Lane.
Ouch!!!! That hurt!

“Ms. Lane? I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” I ask.

“Lois,” she reminds me. “Uh, yeah, I think” she says, rubbing her shoulder. I wince. She definitely got the worse end of the collision.
Yep, it hurt. But Lois isn't angry.

And Clark has taken her hand... and...
She looks down at my hand, still clasping hers. “Thanks,” she says, flashing an awkward smile at me. I didn’t realize I was still holding it.
Aaaawww!!!! So sweet!!! rotflol And... Chad Wilson? I didn't remember Chad's last name was Wilson. Hmmm... it makes me think of a certain Tank Wilson, you know?

Anyway, back to Dr. Platt's notes:
Lois is busy flipping through the papers in her hands, a look of annoyance on her face. “Why is it all scientists are so smart but they can’t keep a decent journal for their notes? This is a mess! It’ll take me all day and all night to wade through this and piece it together by myself.”

“Do you want some help?” I ask.
Yay!!! Sure you do, Lois!

She looks unsure at first. I flash her a warm smile and she seems to soften a little. “I guess I could use the help.
Mmmmmm, I love the way his warm smile is softening her!

So Clark gets to spend all day with Lois... and...
I can’t remember a day where I’ve felt more alive, more useful, more... happy, than I’ve been today. Not in a long time. Sometimes I get the feeling I’m not cut out to be an editor.

I look up at Lois to find her smiling at me. It’s not your run of the mill smile, either. I feel a heat starting deep inside me - I’m definitely attracted to her. I glance at her left hand. No ring.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

And just look where it's headed:
I’m assuming you aren’t married.”

“No. Are you?”
Oohhh!!! Clark!!! What are you going to tell her?

Ouch. Difficult question. No, I’m not married. But if I simply say that and nothing more, could that be construed as ‘leading her on’? I’m definitely in a relationship. In fact, I’m in a serious relationship. What do I think I’m doing? I should come clean with her right now.
Hmm, you're sweating now, Clark?

Aaaaahh!!! Clark, you're supposed to be the champion of Truth, not of Evasion, aren't you? Not that I really mind this time.... wink

And Lois is trying to read the message of the fortune from her fortune cookie. It is, of course, in Chinese. Clark translates it:

“A good horse is like a member of the family.”
Any reason why you chose this particular fortune, DJ? Of course, Clark has done a lot of work with Lois that afternoon. He's been a work horse. A good work horse. A good horse? A good horse that Lois should try to turn into a member of her family? By marrying him?

Well... Lois, who was most impressed with Clark's language skills, was less impressed with the fortune. But Clark doesn't mind:
An uncontrollable laugh escapes from my lips. It feels good. When I’m around Lana I have so many inhibitions, but around Lois I feel so... myself.
Aaaaawwwwwww!!! I love the way this is going, DJ! Lois Lane and Clark Kent. 'L' as in 'love'. And 'n' as in.... Never mind!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, I found this, if anyone is interested.

Twinkies

This is a picture of Ding Dongs (top picture), Ho Ho's (middle picture), and Twinkies (bottom).

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks, Nancy! Judging form the pictures, I would go for the Ding Dongs first, if I had a choice!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Ann! Wow! Thanks for that feedback. I got back from the wedding I went to today and had all this lovely fdk waiting for me. Mmmm, mmmm.

Glad you like the food theme. Sue asked me if I was really hungry when I wrote this. I actually did purposefully plan out the food theme but I don't know what was really behind it. No telling...

Sorry you didn't know what some of those foods were... but it looks like Nancy hooked you up. Thanks Nancy!

Yes, I took the rescue from the manhole directly from the pilot.

I also took the fortune from the fortune cookie directly from the pilot. But I liked what you read into it. Hee hee.

Nope, no "n" in this part, just angst and waff. I promise I'm working on some "n" for another story though. blush

Okay, off to read your fdk that I see you posted on part 4 - and then to post part 5 before bedtime. wink

Thank you again everyone for your fdk!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
So just keeping up.

I love the scene where he catches her, so romantic. wink

And I love the scenes with Cat. So sad she had to go after Season 1.

So I am off to read part 4 and 5.

I love this story so much and I am so proud.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Tahu!

You don't know what warm and fuzzy feelings it gives me to know you are reading through this story, yet again. laugh That you think it was that good to warrant yet another look.

Thank you!

Oh, and I understand what you mean about Cat. She was such a fun and fiesty character.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard