Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Part two is up. Appreciate your thoughts when you get a chance!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love this story! Imagine, H.G. Wells is waiting outside the Daily Planet to intercept Lois and he doesn't recognize her when she walks past him!

And then, H.G. Wells asks *Claude* for advice and tells him about Perry's plans of going into politics. Honestly, has H.G. Wells' judgement always been so singularly poor?

And we learn that Lois doesn't know herself how she got herself into the Congo! She just fell asleep one night and woke up in the Congo three years later. Amazing! Who brought her there, and how? And why?

Lois is happy in the Congo, working with Doctors Without Borders and spending a lot of time with children. Good. I like it that Lois has a good heart. Then she learns that Superman is looking for her, but she doesn't know why, and she doesn't want to give herself away. Of course, this Lois would know nothing about "our" Lois from "our" universe.

Then she learns that her mother and sister are both dead, and maybe she is on her way back to Metropolis.

Well! This is certainly a fascinating story. I'm really, really wondering what Clark will say when he first sees Lois. Will he see her inner beauty? Will he recognize his soulmate? Or will he see, first and foremost, a woman too fat to be attractive?

I'm really looking forward to Thursday!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble I feel that Lois self esteem is so low that she sees her self more fat than she really is.

Get back here! hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We don't know *where* Lois was for three years...not YET anyway.....

And she is just estimating how much weight she's losing...don't forget, overweight people never get on the scale...or hardly ever...it's too much of a reality check...and the conditions where she is are rugged....she may have lost more than that but as you said, Maria, her self esteem is so low from years of being heavy that she will always see herself as fat...and there aren't a lot of mirrors around there either....

This is written from Lois' POV....

Chris

Columnist
Columnist
great part can't wait for the next. I am still following and I love it but I have absolutely no time to post real FDK. Sorry.

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
I really like this. thumbsup
Poor Lois. frown She is fat and suffers from low self esteem. wave

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is a very intriguing story; I am enjoying it.

Would Clark Kent still be able to love a fat Lois?
Would love to be able to say yes to this, but you are right that it does matter to people.

Claude is a jerk. Sorry I can't use a stronger word here!

She also figured that eventually, if she stayed there long enough, she would lose enough weight to be considered “normal”. *Then* she would go back to the States and flaunt herself in front of Claude Michaud and tell him where to stick it when he asked her out again!
This thought is so familiar to me.

Loving Bridget!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So sorry but yesterday I had a migraine and went right to bed after work. Part 3 will be posted sometime this evening....promise!!

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm so excited for the next part! - this is such an interesting story - you're writing a Lois that is totally different from any that we've encountered before, and yet not entirely smile Well done - and...we're waiting!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard