Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
YAY! More *new* stuff for FoF! And what stuff... /me is laughing all over <g>

I can't believe Lois actually talks, well yells, at the ficus. She's not that caring about plants. But since it's her taking care of Clark's ficus, it's nice.

And then the ficus... rotflol Poor thing, all that talk about it and it still doesn't have water! Go do something about that Mere!

And make sure to include smoochies in the final part as well!

So post more now! (while I still have time to read it laugh )

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Meredith

A fantastic part! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww, poor ficus! <g> I knew that was what Lois was so upset about...

So... Lois is a mess, Clark is fumbling about more than usual, and the ficus is half-dead... you'd better get back here and fix things, Mere!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFL
rotflol

I was so sure Lois had found CK's S-man suits or something! Way too funny. Poor ficus!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, of course--If one talks to plants to make them grow -- plant would react both physically and mentally. So nice to read plant's responses.

Mere, suggest you look at "Little Shop of Horrors" for some incentive and inspiration.

Love the story,

Barb.

Columnist
Columnist
You set this one up so good! thumbsup

Now get back here and post more so we can see what happens! wildguy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, mere! i was trying to figure out what lois had found... at first i thought it was some old sentimental l&c souvenier, then the ficus, but then it seemed that she does know ck=sm (unless i misread that bit about "you can have your shower now"). you did keep me guessing. way to go. smile

love lois's defensive feng shui. rotflol

and as for the scene with the poor ficus...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
rotflol
[Linked Image]

brilliant.

looking forward to seeing the rest of this.

oh, and [Linked Image] sarah!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Oh, I just love this! First we have Lois and Clark separately agonizing over missing each other. I loved hearing Clark's version of their Christmas Eve, and even though I already knew he left without kissing her goodbye, I still found myself urging him to do so. And then Lois, sad and missing her partner in the newsroom.... It's so nice to see her realize that her writing isn't the same without Clark - not just because it lacked his writing, but because *her* writing lacked something without him. And then her plan to spend the evening at Clark's because she's so much more comfortable there...well, that was pretty telling, I thought. I'd love to know what Clark thought of her presence - after her got past the shock of thinking she'd discovered his secret identity.

And then...the ficus. Oh, I just had no idea we were going to see things through its point of view! I love it! The poor little ficus was so pathetic, desperately hoping each move was a sign it would be watered soon. The poor little guy is wasting away!

So now I want to know...why didn't Lois water it after Superman left? She seemed to be pretty shocked about something. Was she just shaken up by Superman's appearance, or was there something moe...?

I'm really loving this story and I can't wait for the next section!

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Poor Plant. Makes me feel a little guilty. I think I'll go water<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Blogger
Blogger
Wow! Lois and Clark agonized very nicely, but the ficus!!!!! That was
clap clap notworthy
claire

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh that poooor Ficus!!!! Hurry up and post part 3 so I can rest easy knowing it got watered!!!

Please more!!!!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a great thought about packing the Suit and worries about it being found by Customs officials! I don't remember seeing that in a fic before - of course, Clark doesn't have to fly commercial too often, fortunately...

I liked this line...
and Superman had no business spending time with her. Whenever he visited her apartment, he tended to lose his head and end up doing something stupid, like dancing with her in mid-air, of all things.
And of course, authors tend to have Superman do stupid things with Lois, like in a lovely little story called Night Errant... smile

I liked the symbolism of the loveseats. They've been referred to as instruments of torture before, of course, but in most fic that I've read Lois has usually bought them based on appearance without thinking about comfort. Yet here you have her having bought them based on the comfort - or rather, non-comfort - factor. Which therefore makes this
The only person who'd ever been able, or willing, to brave those loveseats for any length of time was Clark.
very nice indeed...

Re the keys and the balcony door that I brought up in the first part: Yes, it doesn't surprise me that he leaves his balcony door unlocked. I think other authors have done that too. And I just remembered that it's been done in the show - didn't Diana Stride climb up there and get in that way? (I'm surprised that his apartment hasn't been burglarized more often.) And I know that other authors have suggested that he leaves a key on the front door lintel or under flowerpots, etc. as well. But he would have a hard time retrieving that key as Superman, I would think, even using a burst of Super-speed, on the off-chance that someone might see something...

A very nice conversation with Superman and Lois. And then the poor little ficus...which STILL doesn't have any water. It doesn't sound as though Clark is in a position to give Lois a lecture on plant care, does it?

But since she didn't water it after all that fuss...yes, I think she has figured it out. Will the poor little ficus still be alive to witness the scene between Lois and Clark when he realizes that she knows, and will it hopefully survive to see this story come to a happy end for all three of them? [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
This just gets better! /me does a DOJ!

For one totally insane moment, the words "I love you, Lois, and I can't face spending any more time without you - will you marry me?" had danced around his brain; but when his dry mouth had opened, all that had emerged was a trite "I missed you, too."
Aw. You know what they say... stick with your original answer!

The difficult part had been pulling away again instead of dropping his belongings, sweeping her into his arms, and yielding to his long-pent-up desire to kiss her senseless.
See previous comment! grumble

And he hadn't called...
awwww...

Would he mind if she went home to shower first, and then spent the evening at his place? Surely not. She could talk to his plants - that made them grow better, didn't it? And the lights in his windows would discourage any would-be burglars.

Lois suddenly realised she was standing stock-still at her car door, a smile tugging at her lips. The smile broadened as she got into the car and headed for home.
Yay! Even his apartment makes her happy! This is a Good Thing! laugh

Poor, poor ficus! And... plants that think! I always KNEW Doonesbury was right! wink

Ahem, and the next part is expected WHEN?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was funny, but I must confess that I am not a little disappointed: since March, I have thought what Lois found, so I waited for something terribly important: f.ex. photographs of girls Clark met all around the world.

Or he has written imaginary love letters to Lois where describes all things he dreams to do with her...but there is no name, so she believes they are to somebody else. Now, that is an idea - I hope that somebody writes *that* story - preferably nfanfic.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The ficus is hilarious! Love the way all water sounds are "rain," and the way it sucked up what little moisture it could from the shower... except I thought that Clark *didn't* take the shower in the end? confused

Why, exactly, did Clark fly to Witchita that morning instead of taking Superman Express?

How in the world are you going to wrap this up in one more post? goofy

Lovely WAFFs, and the plant ("self") is a great touch. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Meredith,

I loved hearing about both of their versions of Christmas eve. I love the ficus's thoughts smile . It was so great to see such a different perspective. I hope someone waters it soon.

I can't wait for the next part smile

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great stuff Meredith
very funny
more soon
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew - most of you are satisfied with what Lois found in Clark's apartment. Gabriele, sorry to have disappointed you... but perhaps someone will write the story you wanted to read. Or you could always write it yourself. wink

Most of you are worried about the ficus...
Poor thing, all that talk about it and it still doesn't have water!

The poor ficus! [Frown] Someone better water it soon!

The poor little ficus was so pathetic, desperately hoping each move was a sign it would be watered soon.

Poor Plant. Makes me feel a little guilty. I think I'll go water<g>

Hurry up and post part 3 so I can rest easy knowing it got watered!!!

And then the poor little ficus...which STILL doesn't have any water. It doesn't sound as though Clark is in a position to give Lois a lecture on plant care, does it?

Poor, poor ficus! And... plants that think! I always KNEW Doonesbury was right! [Wink]
LOL, Laura and Rivka! But it's just like Lois to get into a tizzy about it and then forget to water it after all, don't you think? Especially if she has something else on her mind. Speaking of which, some of you are concerned about that, too:
but then it seemed that she does know ck=sm (unless i misread that bit about "you can have your shower now").

why didn't Lois water it after Superman left? She seemed to be pretty shocked about something. Was she just shaken up by Superman's appearance, or was there something moe...?

But since she didn't water it after all that fuss...yes, I think she has figured it out. Will the poor little ficus still be alive to witness the scene between Lois and Clark when he realizes that she knows, and will it hopefully survive to see this story come to a happy end for all three of them?
All I'm going to say here is, RAFO. laugh

Love the way all water sounds are "rain," and the way it sucked up what little moisture it could from the shower... except I thought that Clark *didn't* take the shower in the end? [Confused]
Thanks for the compliment, Hazel! blush As for the shower, Clark didn't have one while Lois was there, but he came back and had a long, thoughtful one after Lois had left.

Why, exactly, did Clark fly to Witchita that morning instead of taking Superman Express?
The flight back from Wichita with Lois took place (in this story's version, anyhow) after the episode Green, Green Glow of Home. I'm sorry that was confusing - I'll have another look at the wording and see if I can clarify it before I archive the story.

the plant ("self") is a great touch.
Thanks, Hazel, but you're the genius who solved the pronoun problem for me! I forgot to credit you at the head of this section, but I'll certainly be doing that in the archive version! Kudos, o great one! goofy And it'll be up shortly!

Thanks again, Saskia, Tricia, Pam, Jen, Barb, SQD, Paul, Annie, Laura, Claire, Maria, Annette, Kathy, Rivka, Gabriele, Hazel, Alicia and merry!

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, Meredith! I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, was away kayaking for my birthday, and I still don't have Internet access at my old apartment. Will respond with real comments as soon as I can (at work right now). Thank you!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard