A Visitor From New Krypton

This was actually the first fanfic I wrote so be kind. I thought I had lost and have just recovered it from a disc.

Lois and Clark are in bed both were exhausted with work, Superman duties and their 5-month-old son cutting his first tooth neither of them had, had much sleep in the past week but tonight Harry had gone to sleep without fuss tonight as he too was needing sleep so Lois and Clark took the advantage and had an early night knowing that it might not last long. Lois lay on the bed (well mostly on Clark) her head resting on her husband chest like a pillow his steady heart beat sent her to sleep (she found it hard to sleep when he wasn’t there,) her left arm draped across his stomach and her left leg over his legs. Clark had his left arm around her shoulder holding her close and his right hand resting behind his head they both were peaceful.

Neither of them heard the whoosh that came from the window and a tall man entering the room he stands at Clark’s side of the bed and looks at the sleeping couple.

“Kal-el.” The man whispered but neither stirred “Kal-el” He tried again but still nothing “Lord Kal-el.” Lois was the first to wake she sleepily opened her eyes looked at the man and shut them then they shot open again and in one movement she was out of the bed standing on the opposite side the young man jumped back with surprise Clark was next to Lois the second he felt her leave his side.

“Who are you and what are you doing in our house?” Lois demanded still recovering from the shock of this man standing over them. She looked him over something about him told her that she needed be afraid he was tall with short tidy black hair and dark brown eyes that were so familiar he was wearing a black lycra suit which bore an electric blue ‘S’ shield of the house of El the suit was like the one Clark wore when he went to New Krypton. The man looked as if he was in his early 20’s he had a small scar above his right eye he was very handsome.

“Do not fear me I come in peace.” The man said Clark looked at him wondering if he was dreaming.“

“Who are you?” Clark asked warily

“My name is Char-el second son to Jor-el and Lara and brother to Kal-el.” The young man said formally Lois looked at those eyes they were Clark’s that’s why they felt familiar that’s why now she was over the shock she wasn’t afraid. His eyes were so like Clarks it was strange but they were much more child like as if he hadn’t experienced anything.

“Brother? I don’t have a brother my parents sent me to earth before they died.” Clark said a little confused.

“I do not understand either but I am who I say I only found out who I was two years ago and of you only six months ago so I came to find you.” He looked at Clark “I believe it is your custom to shake hands or hug when you meet people.” The young man stepped forward with open arms to hug Clark.

“Err a hand shake is fine.” Clark said and shook his hand “This is my Wife Lois and I am…” Clark was about to introduce himself but the young man cut him off.

“I know who are Kal-el my brother.” The young man smiled and bowed now Lois was convinced he was Clarks relative.

“Well actually my adoptive parents named me Clark.” Clark said. “Were you sent here from New Krypton?”

“Maybe this would be better explained down stairs with strong coffee.” Lois interrupted she was curious to know what this man wanted hoping that Clark wouldn’t have to go back to New Krypton. Clark nodded and they went down stairs Lois looked in on their sleeping son and smiled he was a good baby and didn’t make much fuss even with his teeth coming through he was still a happy child. Lois thought he must get it from Clark when she was ill she lets everyone know though she wouldn’t allow anyone to help her.

In the kitchen Lois made some coffee Clark sat at the breakfast counter the young man looked around the room taking everything in.

“Err Char how come I never met you when I was went to New Krypton?” Clark said trying to get the man’s attention.

“I’ve never been to New Krypton.” The Young man said picking up one of Harry’s toys he squeezes it and it squeaks he smiles Clark didn’t know if he should find this odd or not he wasn’t sure if Kryptonian children had toys like that so it would be new to him.

“You’ve never been to New Krypton?” Lois asked confused “Where are you from?”

“I don’t remember.” Char was now interested in the microwave. “What is this?”

“A microwave you heat food and drink in it.” Lois explained and shows him by putting a cold cup of coffee in it and warming it up she handed the heated coffee to Char who put it to his lips and took a sip.

“I don’t think I like coffee.” He said putting the mug on the counter Lois smiles.

“Well it’s an acquired taste.” She said “Are you hungry?” Lois went to the cupboard where Clark kept his stash of junk food and took out some, Twinkies, Ding-Dong’s, chips and other snack foods she even went to the freezer and took out a tub of triple chocolate monster chip ice cream. “Here you go.” She set the food in front of him he looked at her and unwrapped a Twinkie and took a bite cautiously his eyes widened as the taste filled his mouth and took a bigger bite and opened the rest of the food and began to stuff the different foods in his mouth. Lois and Clark watched him and smiled. “Good?” Lois asked Char nodded.

“Yes.” He replied with a full mouth.

“Here you go.” She handed him a bottle of Yoo-Hoo Char opens it and takes a sip.

“Char err what do you mean you don’t remember where you’re from?” Clark asked.

“I was young when I was taken.” Char answered in-between mouthfuls.

“You were taken? From where.” Lois asked Char was about to answer but Lois answered for him. “You don’t remember.” Char nodded

“I remember being happy.” Char had now starting on the ice cream.

“Do you know where you were taken?” Clark asked.

“I was put in a dark room with only bed they fed me well and I was allowed out for some time I don’t know how long for but the light hurt my eyes.” He took a large mouthful of ice cream then he lifted his head in the way Clark does when there’s trouble Lois and Clark looked at him.

“Is something wrong?” They asked him in unison Clark hadn’t picked anything up but he was used to controlling his super hearing but any change Char would probably pick it up.

“There is another life form.” He said Clark honed into his son’s heartbeat it had changed from sleep to wakening.

“He’s awake.” Clark said to Lois and as if on cue the baby gave a small whimper to let his parents know he was wake.

“I’ll get him.” Lois said going up stairs. Char had watched her leave curious to know what had made the noise he looked at Clark.

“Our son Harry he’ll be needing fed.” Clark answered the unspoken question.

“You have a child?” Clark nodded.

“So Char you were a prisoner?” Clark asked Char looked at him he had abandoned the ice cream and was standing by the portable T.V.

“Prisoner?” Char asked.

“You didn’t want to be there?”

“No I didn’t you won’t send me back I don’t every want to go back there I’d rather be dead than to return to that place.” There was fear in those young eyes.

“I promise you won’t have to return.” Clark reassured him. Lois came into the kitchen holding Harry who began to kick his legs and wave his arms when he spotted his father and gave him a big grin Clark took him, Harry looked at Char he gives him a puzzled look then he smiled at him which Lois thought was strange as Harry didn’t like strangers and at two in the morning no-one would. The baby was wearing a pale blue sleep suit and has a full head of jet-black hair and Lois’ brown eyes. Char looked at the Child then at his parents.

“This is your child?” He asked Lois nodded. “But he is so short.” He says with a serious look on his face Lois smiled.

“He’ll grow all babies are small.” She said.

“They are?”

“Yes do you not remember being a child?”

“I don’t know I was never around other children.” Lois looked at him she felt so sorry for him.

“Where do you get a baby from?” Lois and Clark’s eyes widened they had thought it would be some years before they would have to answer this question.

“Err I’ll let you handle this come on honey you hungry?” She smiled at Clark and took Harry from him. “Give you practice for when this one asks.” She went into the living room Clark watches her go Char has sat next to him waiting for Clarks answered.

J J J J J J

“And everyone dose this?” Char asked after hearing Clark’s explanation Clark nods “Wow.” Clark smiles. Lois entered the room and looked at her husband and the younger man.

“Everything alright?” She asked smiling at Clark.

“Yes I think so.” Char says.

“So err Char do you want to stay here?” Lois asked worried what would become of him if he were left to defend for himself.

“I didn’t think of where I should go when I learned of Kal-el I came to find him.” He said.

“Well you’re welcome to stay here. I can give you some clothes you may get some strange looks wearing that.” Clark commented on the suit “And maybe we should think of an earth name for you.”

“Earth name?” Char looked confused.

“Yes like Clark is Clark here.” Lois explained.

“So I can be called Clark?” Char said.

“No I think that might be confusing.” Lois said.

“How about Charles it has Char in it.” Clark suggests.

“No he doesn’t look like a Charles maybe Charlie.” Lois proposed Char smiled.

“Charlie I like Charlie.” He said and then he looks again at the T.V. “What is this another microwave?”

“No!” Lois laughed “It’s a T.V. we learn things from it like the news tells us what is happening in the world and entertainment.” She turned it to M.T.V. Rod Stewart was on it, singing Maggie May “See music this M.T.V. they play music videos that’s Rod Stewart.”

“Huh I think I like this Rod Stewart.” Charlie pulls a stool and sits in front of the T.V. too watch it it’s a Rod Stewart special so they continue to play Rod Stewart songs.

“Charlie do you want to go to bed?” Clark said the young man became settled in front of the T.V. Charlie looks at Clark.

“Could I watch this?” He asked and turns back to the T.V.

“Err sure well we’re going to bed so we’ll leave the spare room door open for you. Good night.” Clark said.

“Good night Kal err Clark good night Lois thank you for your kindness.” He smiled.

“Your welcome Charlie sleep well.” Lois said.

“And you. Good night Harry.” He smiled at the baby who was now a sleep in Lois’ arms. Lois and Clark headed up the stairs and left Charlie watching Rod Stewart who was now singing Hot Legs.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Lois and Clark are now in bed Lois has resumed her position draped over Clark who has his left arm around her shoulder and his right hand behind his head.

“He’s so young Clark. He can’t be more than 24/25 how long do you think he was in that place?” Lois said she was taken by the young man he was polite and caring yet so young and vulnerable even if was Kryptonian and had super powers.

“I don’t know by the sounds of it most of his life.” Clark let out a sigh he wanted to help he wished he could give him back his stolen youth. “He begged me not let him go back to that place he seemed so scared I wish we knew more.”

“Maybe he can tell us more in the morning.” Lois said and snugged closer to her husband and both of them were asleep.

J J J J J J

The next morning Lois and Clark come downstairs after being woken by Harry it’s 6:35 they walked into the kitchen the food wrappers have been cleared away and they saw Charlie standing outside staring up at the sky both of them went out to see what he was looking at.

“Err Charlie are you O.K.?” Lois asked looking up Charlie is holding one of Harry’s books it’s a color book. Charlie looked at her and smiled.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Charlie said and looked back up at the sky Lois looked at him.

“What is?” she asked wondering what they were supposed to be looking at.

“The sky.” He smiled Lois looked at Clark. “I’ve watched it, it can change color.” He showed Lois the book and indicated the different colors. “When I came here it was black see with shiny things…”

“Stars!” Clark said.

“Stars yes balls of gas burning millions of miles away. But then the stars began to disappear and the sky became a dark blue then purple now it’s pink with pale blue I’ve never seen anything so beautiful.”

“Charlie would you like to go somewhere where you can see the sky more clearly?” Clark asked Lois knew what he meant and she couldn’t think of a better place to take Charlie while they figured out where he came from.

“Oh yes.” Charlie said excitedly.

“O.K. We’ll get showered and have breakfast then we can go.” Clark smiled Charlie was still looking at the sky.

“Could I have breakfast out here?”

“Sure. We’ll all eat out here.” Clark said he and Lois went back in the house. “You don’t mind going to Smallville do you honey?”

“No I think it’s the best place to take him.” Lois said and kissed him on the lips.

Clark made an assortment of breakfast foods which Charlie discovered he liked just as much as chocolate, Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Ho’s. After breakfast Clark gave Charlie a pair of dark blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a blue denim shirt Charlie changed into them.

“O.K. ready?” Clark asked Lois and Charlie both nodded and Clark spun into the Superman suit Charlie looked at Clark strangely. “What’s wrong?” Clark asked Charlie.

“Why do you wear that suit?” Charlie asked.

“Well I can help people in trouble but I don’t want people to know that I have family as it could put Lois and Harry in danger.”

“Oh!” Charlie thought about it for a bit “But why would helping people put Lois and Harry in danger?”

“Because there are people that don’t like me helping because they try to steal things or hurt others and so to try to get to me they might hurt Lois or Harry if they knew who as was so I help people as Superman.” Charlie nodded and smiled.

“It’s good to help yes?” Charlie says Clark smiles and nods. “But it’s wrong to steal and hurt others.” Clark and Lois smiled. “When you where this suit I call you Superman?”

“Yes.” Clark said glad that he understood.

“I won’t tell any who you are I won’t let anyone hurt Lois or Harry.” Clark smiled again.

“Thank you.” Clark said. “Shall we go?” Clark picked Lois up in his arms Harry in hers

“Where are we going Superman?” Charlie asked Clark chuckled.

“To Smallville where my parents the people who found me live there is something there that Jor-el left me.” Charlie nodded and they flew to Smallville.

J J J J J J

In Smallville Martha was in the kitchen putting away groceries and Jonathan was sitting in his favorite chair watching basketball when they heard the familiar sonic boom that told them their son, daughter-in-law and grandson were here to visit. The older couple step out on to the porch to see their family and also a stranger. Martha the was first to approach them she kissed Lois and Clark and took Harry from Lois and kissed him too.

“Hello handsome where’ Grandma’s favorite boy.” Martha cooed at the baby who giggled.

“Hello.” Jonathan said shaking his son’s hand and kissing Lois on the cheek, Jonathan looked at Charlie who was staring at the sky. “Who’s your friend?” Jonathan looked at the man oddly.

“Err mom, dad this is Char-el or Charlie my brother.” Clark answered both Martha and Jonathan look surprised. “Charlie, Charlie.” Charlie looked at Clark “This is my parents Jonathan and Martha Kent.” Charlie looked at the older couple and smiled then shook their hands.

“Thank you for taking care of my brother so I could meet him. He is a good man you have raised him well.” Jonathan and Martha smiled.

“Well err thank you?” Jonathan said still having his hand shaken. “Err could I have my hand back?”

“Oh forgive me.” Charlie released his hand.

“Who’s hungry?” Martha asked and led them into the house still carrying Harry.

Jonathan went over to the T.V. to check the score before turning it off Charlie was behind him he looked at the screen.

“What is this?” Charlie asked Jonathan looked at him then realized that they probably didn’t have basketball on New Krypton

“Basketball…” Jonathan says and began to explain the rules.

“What’s the score dad?” Clark asks now wearing jeans and a t-shirt

“Uh Smallville are down by three.” Jonathan said and setting down in his favorite chair Clark sat next to Charlie who was fascinated by the game Lois and Martha smiled at the three men.

“Men!” They said together and both laughed and went to the kitchen Lois never thought she would actually enjoy being banished to the kitchen while her husband watch sports but she liked Martha’s company.

“Where did he come from? I mean where’s he from? New Krypton?” Martha asks sitting Harry in a highchair they had for him and giving him some toys to play with. The house looked much like Lois and Clarks did with toys and baby things in almost every room Clark would take Lois and Harry to visit his parents every week.

“No he says he can’t remember where he’s from he said that he was taking when he was a child. “ Martha put a cup of coffee in front of Lois. “Thank you. Then he was put in a dark room he only escaped a few months ago.”

“That’s terrible.” Martha said shocked and saddened by what Lois was told her.

“I know I feel so sorry for him. He’s very sweet you’d think someone who’d been locked away most of their life would be full of hate but he’s not. You should have seen him this morning he watched the sun rise in amazement, and he has Clark’s fondness for junk food.” Martha laughed, “In some ways he’s like a child but he takes everything in when it’s explained to him.”

“When did he arrive?” Martha asked Joining Lois at the table with her own coffee.

“Early this morning nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw him standing over the bed. “ Lois said Martha laughed at the thought of someone staring at Lois when she was asleep and imagining her reaction when she reacted. Lois looked at the older woman wonder why she found it funny but looking back on it she began to laugh too.

J J J J J J

Later Martha with some help from Lois prepared dinner. Lois (When Martha was there) had become fairly good at cooking.

“O.K. boys dinner’s ready.” Lois called Clark, Jonathan and Charlie walked into the kitchen both Clark and Jonathan didn’t look happy and both slumped down into the chairs Charlie stood to the side. “How was the game?” Lois knew better than to ask but enjoyed teasing them both they just looked at her not amused. “That bad huh?” She bit her bottom lip to stop from smile she looked at Martha who had her back to her but Lois knew she was trying not to laugh.

“The one they call Jordan is a good player.” Charlie said both Jonathan and Clark glared at him.

“Err maybe it’s best not to speak about the game.” Martha suggested looking at Lois both still tried not to laugh at how serious their men were taking the game. “Here Charlie you sit next to Jonathan.” Martha pulled out the chair and Charlie sat down. Clark looked at his mother then at his wife.

“ You both think this is really funny don’t you?” Clark snapped Lois looked at him the smile she was trying to hide had disappeared.

“It’s just a game Clark and you’re acting like it’s the end of the world.” Lois snapped back, “If it means that much to you, you join the team then they would win all the time.”

“That wouldn’t be fair play.” Clark retorted.

“Well then you’ll just have to except them losing.” Lois said then helped Martha to serve up dinner. “And as you’ve spent all afternoon watching the basketball you can feed your son.” She hands him a bowl and spoon Clark looked at his son who gave him a huge grin which brought the first smile to Clark’s face since before the game Jonathan also smiled at his grandson and they both forgot about the game.

“You could play for Smallville.” Clark said to Harry who squealed and banged a fist on the tray of the highchair.

Lois and Martha served dinner Charlie has four helpings Martha smiles. After dinner Martha and Lois left the men to wash and clear the dishes then Jonathan, Clark and Charlie go out on to the porch to watch the sunset.

“Wow it’s so beautiful?” Charlie stands staring up at the sky while the two other men sat on the porch swing with a beer.

“Yeah. Can’t beat that Smallville sky.” Jonathan said taking a sip of his beer. Clark looked up at the sky.

“Looks like rain.” He said to his father who looked up at the sky and nodded.

“Yup. Looks like it.” He agreed the three men sat out on the porch ‘til the sunset and the stars came out Charlie was mesmerized by it. Lois Came out to the porch rubbing her arms the air had turned cold.

“Clark I’m putting Harry to bed do you want to say goodnight?” She asked hugging herself.

“Yeah.” Clark got up Jonathan got up too.

“I’ll Come in too it’s getting a bit chilly” Jonathan said.

“Charlie are you coming in?” Clark asked Charlie was still staring at the sky.

“No I want to stay out here.” Charlie said he looked at him then looked back at the sky.

“O.K. Just come in when you’re ready.” Clark said and they went into the house. Martha was holding Harry who was wearing a pale blue and white sleep suit with Tigger on the left Clark took him from Martha. “Hey you want a bedtime story.” Harry smiled and Clark sat down in his father favorite chair with his son Lois, Martha and Jonathan went to the kitchen they all knew that Clark liked to have a few minutes alone with Harry.

Martha had made hot chocolate for them the rain had come on Lois went out to the front where Charlie is standing with his hands held out at his side so the rain fell on them and he smiled he was soaked.

“Charlie come in you’ll catch your… “ She thought about what she was about to say he was invulnerable he wouldn’t catch a cold. “Never mind. Martha’s made hot chocolate do you want some.” Charlie looked at her and smiles.

“Huh this is wonderful.” He said, “You should coming out.” Lois looked at him and smiled.

“That’s O.K. I know what its like Clark purposed to me in the rain. Err are you coming in you’ll like Martha’s hot chocolate?” Lois said and shivered.

“I’ll come in soon.” He replied Lois nodded and went back into the house where Martha was standing.

“Is he alright out there?” Martha asked concerned for the boy.

“Yeah it’s not like he’ll get a cold.” Lois answered.

“Take a look at this.” Martha said indicating to the chair where Clark sat both he and Harry had falling asleep the two women smiled at how content the two looked both were quietly snoring in unison. “It just seems like yesterday that Jonathan and Clark would sit like that.” Martha smiled. Lois Walked over to her husband and son she rested a hand on each arms of the chair and leaned into Clark and softly kissed him on the lips he woke but didn’t open his eyes Lois could feel his lips spread into a smile below hers.

“Who’s that?” He teased

“Watch it farm boy.” Lois said a smile spread on her face. Clark’s eyes opened and he kissed her back. “Hi.”

“You were sleeping.”

“I wasn’t. I was resting my eyes.” Lois backed away slightly so she could see his face.

“Humm shall I put him up?” Lois stood up straight.

“No I’ll do it so not to wake him.” Clark slowly floated up in the air.

“Show off.” Lois watched him floating up the stairs he smiled back he came back down stairs.

“Is Charlie still out there?” He asked Lois nodded.

“Yes he’s enjoying the rain fall.” She answered then the door opened and Charlie came in his clothes were soaked through and water dripped from his black hair that was stuck to his face.

“Oh Charlie.” Martha said concerned “Let me get you a blanket.” She fetched a blanket and bundled it over him in a motherly way. “There now how about a cup of hot chocolate.” They all went into the kitchen and had a mug of hot chocolate and some of Martha’s homemade brownies.

Later Lois and Martha had gone to bed Martha had made up the couch for Charlie. Clark has gone to the basement and came back with the globe that was on the front of his ship he placed it on the table Charlie looked at it.

“This was in the ship that my parents sent me in it navigated it here and a few years ago some messages where shown to me from m…our father.” Clark told Charlie who was still staring at the globe he reached a hand out and touched it suddenly it began to glow Charlie jumped back the chair he’d been sitting on went flying backwards and broke with the force when it hit the cupboards.
The image of Jor-el appeared as it did to Clark and the man in the white suit bearing the silver ‘S’ shield spoke.

“Kal-el.” He said and seemed to be looking at Clark. Jonathan was surprised Clark had told him about the messages his biological father had left but had never seen them. “I speak to you now as you have met your brother.” Jor-el continued. “Your mother and I had taken preparations should you not survive and there would still be a son of the house el.” Clark looked at Charlie who was fixed on the image. “I wish you both well.” The image disappeared and the globe stopped glowing. Charlie relaxed and Clark looked at him.

“Are you alright Charlie?” He asked Charlie nodded “Are you sure?”

“Yes.” He replied “I Think I’ll go to sleep now.” He said he did look tired he hadn’t slept since he arrived. Clark looked at his father.

“He was a back up.” Clark said with bitterness in his voice. “Kryptonian law says there must to be a son of El on the throne.” Clark shook his head “My parents sacrificed them selves for me I thought it was for love now I understand it was for Kryptonian law and they had a back up. That’s probably why he was taken so that there was no son of el on the throne.” Clark looked at his father.

“Son he came to you, he escaped from where ever he was being held and found you he trusts you as the only family he has.” Jonathan said Clark nodded.

“Yeah I know I just wish I knew where he’s from how old he is he must have like surrogate mother.”

“Well maybe he’ll be able to tell us more but right now we should go to bed.” Clark nodded he was beginning to feel tired he and Jonathan went upstairs they past Charlie who was now fast asleep half a foot above the couch Clark and Jonathan both smiled.

Clark went into his room where Lois was asleep in the bed he peered into the crib where his son slept his little chest rising and falling with each breath and light snores come from him Clark smiled with pride he remembered the day Lois told him she was pregnant they had been married for 16 months and had given up hope of having a child of their own. Now he would spend nights like this looking over their son, their miracle.

“Clark?” A sleepy voice came from the bed Clark looked in the direction to see his wife looking at him through sleepy eyes. “Come to bed.” She held out a hand to him. “I’m cold.” She added Clark smiled and got into bed Lois snuggled up to his warm chest and they both fell asleep and stayed that way until they were woken the next morning to the happy coos and babbles of their son.

“I think someone’s awake.” Clark said not opening his eyes.

“Bah, bah baa, baa, bah.” Harry babbled happily playing with his feet.

“Uh it’s too early.” Lois said and turned over it was six A.M. and wasn’t really early for them as they were normally up by this time when in Metropolis but when ever they stayed in Smallville Lois slept peacefully and didn’t want to get up but she soon would when she smelt Martha’s homemade muffins.

“I’ll get up to him then shall I?” Clark said still not opening his eyes he knew that although Harry was happy at the moment he would soon get fed up and would begin to squeal for attention.

“Alright.” Lois agreed neither of them wanted to get up they were happy laying together. “You could bring him in with us.” She suggested.

“Mmm alright.” He lay there for a minute then got up and looked at Harry who giggled he now had a fist in his mouth and had drool all over his chin Clark grinned and picked him up and took him over to the bed. “Good morning tiger.” Clark said and climbed back into bed with Lois and put Harry in-between them.

“Morning big boy.” Lois cooed to the baby. Harry lay content for a few minutes in-between his parents but soon realized that neither were given him any attention he rolled towards Lois and began pulling her face. “Uh Harry leave mommy.” She said.

“Come on you let’s leave mommy to sleep.” Clark said he picked up his son.

“Mah, mah, mah.” Harry babbled as Clark took him downstairs. Lois lay in bed for a bit and released it was cold now Clark wasn’t in it so she got up and put a pair of grey sweat pants and Clarks old college football shirt and went downstairs.

Clark walked in to the kitchen where his mother was cooking breakfast.

“Morning mom.” Clark said Martha turned around.

“Morning do want a coffee?”

“Yes please.” Clark answered sitting down with his back to the door.

“Good morning little one did you wake your mommy and daddy up?” Harry smiled at his grandmother.

“Lois is probably still asleep.” He didn’t see Lois walk in to the kitchen.

“Watch it Kent.” She said jabbing him in the side then kissing his cheek.

“Morning Lois do you want a coffee.” Martha greeted her daughter-in-law.

“Morning. Yes please.” Lois sat next to Clark Harry tried to get out of Clark’s arm to get to Lois she took him. “Are you hungry.” She smiled at him. “Come on then let’s get you changed then. “ She took him through to the living room to feed and change him Clark smiled.

“Where’s Dad and Charlie?” Clark asked taking the coffee mug from his mother. “Thanks.”

“Your father had some things to do before breakfast and Charlie offered to help. Could you give them a shout for breakfast?” Martha asked.

“Dad, Charlie breakfast!” Clark shouted from the table.

“Clark Jerome Kent I could have done that and they’re at the bottom of the field they won’t of heard you.”

“Charlie did they’re coming now.” Clark says lowering his glasses to x-ray the wall and saw his father and Charlie walking up the road. Martha sighed.

“Well could you set the table then?” Clark got up and with in seconds the table is set and he sat back down Lois comes back in with Harry who’s wearing blue denim overalls and a red and black flannel shirt Jonathan and Charlie came in too. “Breakfast is nearly ready do you two want to get dressed first we’ll watch Harry” Clark scooped Lois into his arms and with a whoosh they were gone Jonathan and Charlie washed up. Charlie was interested in the record player.

“It’s a record player to play music.” Jonathan says “These are records we have C.D’s now but personal I think these sound better.” He points to the collection of records, they had a C.D. player in the living room that Lois and Clark had bought for them but they both liked the records. Charlie looked through the collection and found The Best Of Rod Stewart. “Do you want to listen to it?” Jonathan asked taking the record Charlie nods and Jonathan puts it on Charlie smiles as Maggie May begins to play. Lois and Clark came down the stairs showered and dressed.

“What’s going on?” Lois asked and sat at the table.

“I’m just showing Charlie the record player.” Jonathan answered.

“I like Rod Stewart.” Charlie said Lois smiled Clark picked up Harry who sucked on Clark’s finger.

“Hey.” Clark said.

“What is it?” Lois asked looking at Clark.

“I think his tooth is through.” Clark smiled as he gentle pulled Harry’s bottom lip down to reveal a tooth just visible on his bottom gum.

“Hey is that, that bad tooth that’s been bothering you huh.” Lois cooed Harry giggled.

They all sat down to breakfast then Lois and Martha took Harry to the store. Jonathan, Clark and Charlie finished off the chores and Charlie then read every book in the house including the bible and a dictionary. The three men sit in the living Charlie asked to put on some music which is again Rod Stewart Clark has a feeling that he might have to get used to it.

“Charlie is there anything you remember that might help us find out where you are from? How did you escape?” Clark asked.

“I fought off two guards when they came to feed me I had just learnt about you and hoped to meet you.” Charlie answered. “I had to fight a larger man that’s how I got this.” He runs a finger over the scar above his eye.

“How did you find out about me?”

“Jar-el our father’s sister came to me she said she was the one who gave birth to me and I was taken from her 19 years ago the day before my third birthday.” Charlie explained. “She said she had been trying to find me, but no one would believe I was alive. Then they came and took her I tried to find her but I couldn’t she told me that you were my brother and you lived on earth in a place called Metropolis that you would help me.” Sadness filled his eyes.

“And I will.” Clark reassured him with a smile. “Do you know who took you?”

“I over heard someone say that now Lord Nor was dead that they should release me then I heard arguing then what sound like gunshots.”

“Did Jar-el tell you anything else?”

“She told me that on my third birthday I would take my place on the throne of New Krypton but guards from the house of Nor took me. They wanted Nor’s son was to become ruler on his thirteenth birthday if a son of el wasn’t found.” He looked at Clark “I won’t have to go back will I, I never want to go back I like it here. Please don’t send me back.” Clark saw the panic in his eyes.

“I promise you won’t have to go back you can stay with Lois and me.” Clark smiled.

That day and the next Charlie took interest in everything finding out how things worked he was also very good with Harry. On Sunday night the four of them flew back to Metropolis as Lois and Clark had work the next day.

The next morning Lois and Clark were in the kitchen in a romantic clinch. They both stopped and turned to see Charlie watching them holding Harry.

“Morning.” Lois said slightly embarrassed “Good morning big boy are you hungry.” Lois took Harry from Charlie.

“I think he needs that absorbent underpants changed.” Charlie said Lois smiles.

“His diaper.” Lois said going into the living room.

Clark sat down at the table and buttered himself a piece of toast Charlie sat down too and stared at him.

“What?” Clark said uneasy at him staring at him.

“What was that you and Lois were doing?” Charlie asked

“What thing?” Clark replied.

“When your lips were together?”

“Kissing.” Clark smiled.

“Kissing. Why do you kiss?” Clark smiled at his brother curiosity with everything he figured these were questions that Harry would ask someday.

“Well me and Lois kiss err because we’re in love some people kiss on the cheek as a greeting…”

“Like your parents did to Lois?”

“Yes.”

“And you and Lois kiss because you’re in love?”

“Yes.”

“What’s it like to be in love?” Charlie took six pancakes and drizzled maple syrup over them.

“Well you err it’s hard to explain.” Lois came in with Harry he’s wearing pale blue cotton overalls and a cream shirt.

“What are you talking about?” Lois asked putting Harry in his highchair.

“Love.” Clark answered smiling at her he’d been in love with her from the day they met.

“Love makes rocket science seem easy to explain.” Lois poured herself a coffee and warmed a jar of baby breakfast for Harry.

“How will I know when I’m in love?”

“You’ll know.” Clark said taking a bite of toast then he and Charlie got the familiar look on their faces.

“What do you hear?” Lois asked.

“Fire meet you at work.” He kissed Lois and spun into the Superman suit Harry giggled Clark left.

“Does he always leave when there’s trouble?” Charlie asked Lois.

“Yes.” She sighed. “He can’t stand by when people are in trouble when he knows he can help but it would be nice to have breakfast together once in a while.”

“Here let me feed Harry you get your breakfast.” Charlie took the bowl from Lois

“Are you sure?”

“Eat the pancakes are great.” He smiled and began to feed Harry Lois eats her breakfast then her and Charlie clear up the dishes.

“I have to go to work at the Planet do you want to come you can look up old news papers?”

“I have something have to do first.” He left with a whoosh.”

“What things uh…” She looks at Harry who smiled at her “Are you going to be that fast huh.” She lifted him out of the high chair. “Yeah you going to be Superboy?” He giggled as Lois grabbed his diaper bag and her briefcase the strapped Harry into his car seat and strapped the car seat securely in the Jeep and drives to the planet.

J J J J J J

In Smallville Jonathan was out on the tractor and Martha was in the chicken coop when she heard a familiar whoosh followed by a sonic boom she went out to the front of the house expecting her son she was surprised to see Charlie’s warm, friendly smile instead. Concerned she approached him to find out why he was here.

“Charlie is everything alright Lois and Clark and Harry are O.K. aren’t they?” Martha asked worried that some criminal had got Kryptonite and was holding them captive. Jonathan had too seen Charlie and was also worried he stopped the tractor and joined his wife and visitor.

“Yes they’re fine Clark cooked us pancakes for breakfast and Harry had a runny white substance which he got down his protective cover Clark went to a fire and Lois was going to work.” He told them in one breath. Martha and Jonathan both smiled.

“Do you give the weather report too?” Jonathan joked.

“The sky was cloudy and the air was cold…”

“He was joking dear ignore him.” Martha smiled.

“A joke something said or done to make one laugh a sound of amusement or pleasure.” He looked at Jonathan then said. “But That Wasn’t a joke for I did not laugh.” This made Martha laugh.

“Why are you here?” Jonathan asked.

“I want to help Clark.” Charlie replied.

“Help him how?” Jonathan asked.

“I won’t to help him help other’s he and Lois have helped me.” Charlie explained Martha understands.

“You want to be a Superman too.” Martha stated smiling back at Charlie.

“Yes and I wondered if you could make me a suit like you did for Clark I can pay you err when I get some money or I could help you here.”

“I wouldn’t here of it. I think I still have some material I didn’t use when I made Clark’s.” Martha led Charlie into the house Jonathan smiled, shook his head and climbed back on to the tractor. “What do you have there dear?”

“This is the suit I was wearing when arrived here, I thought it might help.” He holds up the black suit with electric blue ‘S’ on the front Martha looked at it and smiled.

J J J J J J

Lois arrived at the Planet with Harry in the car seat in her right hand, his diaper bag on that shoulder, her handbag on the left shoulder and briefcase in her left hand. Jimmy rushed up the slope not really to help her as she wouldn’t allow him but to see Harry he never showed any interest in babies before Lois and Clark had Harry but now was always willing to baby sit for them.

“How’s my favorite nephew.” Jimmy took the car seat from Lois Harry laughed Jimmy ignored Lois as he headed back down the slope. This had become routine since Lois returned from work 3 months ago Lois and Clark (sometimes.) would bring Harry into the newsroom at eight as the daycare didn’t open until nine. Jimmy would take Harry ignoring Lois and Clark then Perry would bellow complaining about it being a newsroom not a kindergarten but when Lois or Clark offered to put him back in his car seat until he was to go to daycare then Perry would refuse taking Harry himself to office and tell him Elvis stories which would often put him to sleep.

“Morning Jimmy, ‘morning Lois how are you?’ I’m fine thanks for asking Jimmy.” Lois said sarcastically and following him down the slope.

“Sorry morning Lois.” Jimmy said over his shoulder. He put the car seat on his desk and took Harry out. Harry grinned at Jimmy. Lois has dumped the diaper bag, her handbag and briefcase on the desk and joined Jimmy. “I think these he’s grown over the week end.”

“Show uncle Jimmy what you’ve got.” Lois cooed and gently pulls down the baby’s bottom lip to reveal the tooth.

“He has a tooth?” Jimmy looked at Lois who nodded and smiled. Harry grinned and shoved his fist in his mouth.

“JIMMY” A gruff southern voice boomed from behind. Both Jimmy and Harry jump Harry began to cry.

“Oh it’s alright it’s just Papa Perry.” Lois said and tried to sooth her crying baby she took him from Jimmy.

“Oh did I scare you?” Perry said in a much softer voice Harry’s cried soon became calming sobs.

“Just a bit chief.” Jimmy said Lois and Perry looked at him. “You meant Harry.”

“Papa Perry has just got a big voice that’s all.” Perry took Harry from Lois and his sobs had now stopped and he looked more relaxed in Perry’s arms. Perry and Alice were like a third pair of grandparents to Harry, Perry enjoyed telling him stories of Elvis and Alice would sing lullabies and knit him clothes and they were always willing to baby sit for Lois and Clark and it had brought them closer together.

There then came an interrupting cough from behind Perry and there stood a short but pretty young girl with long curly blonde hair and the brightest blue eyes Jimmy had ever seen he found himself staring into them. Perry turned around when he heard the cough.

“Oh sorry.” He said remembering the girl was standing there. “Lois, Jimmy this Andrea Ryan Andi this is Lois Lane and…” Before Perry can introduce him Jimmy grabs her hand.

“James Olsen but everyone calls me Jimmy.” He introduced himself Andi smiled politely she was used to men acting this way with her.

“Nice to meet you.” She said releasing her hand from Jimmy’s grip and offered it to Lois who took it. “Pleased to meet you Ms. Lane, you and Mr. Kent are my idles.” She let’s go of Lois’ hand not wanting to come across as a nutty fan. “I’ve read all your articles. And the book you wrote how To Be A Top Reporter And Writer is my bible and now I’m sounding like a crazed fan.”

“Well I’m glad we inspired someone.” Lois smiled feeling a little embarrassed.

“Andi is our new junior reporter I’m sure you’ll make her welcome.” Perry said to them then looked at Jimmy. “Her father and I were in Nam together and I promised him that nothing would happen to his youngest daughter.”

“Best not to team her up with Lois then. Who knows what trouble she’ll get her into?” Jimmy laughed nervously trying to get the heat off him only to see Lois’ face and knew he’d only made it worse for himself. “Err I really should be getting back to work.”

“Is he yours?” Andi asked Lois nodded and smiled “He’s beautiful how old is he?”

“5 months.”

“May I.” Andi held her arms out to Harry.

“Err yes.” Lois nodded unsure as Harry was never sure of strangers but he was quite happy in the young woman’s arms ”He seems to like you. He’s normal unsure of strangers.”

“I’m used to babies I’ve 7 nieces and nephews. What’s his name?”

“Harry.” Lois answered.

“He has your eyes.” Andi commented. Lois smiled a lot of people said that but she couldn’t see it.

“Well come on there’s work to be done this is a news room not…”

“Not a kindergarten.” Lois and Jimmy who was now standing behind Perry say together after hearing the same speech many times before.

“Have I said that before?” Perry looked at Lois then at Jimmy.

“Not today Chief.” Jimmy answered him and smiles at Andi.

“Shall I take him Chief or do you want to tell him an Elvis story he’s due for a nap.” Lois and Jimmy both smiled.

“Don’t try to be funny it doesn’t suit you.” Perry took Harry from Andi. “Olsen?”

“Yes Chief?”

“Don’t you have work to do?”

“Well I was going to show Andi around.”

“I’ve done that.” Jimmy nodded and retreated back to his desk and Andi goes to hers. “Now where’s your daddy huh.” Harry smiled then the elevator doors opened and Clark walked out he searched the newsroom and smiled when he spotted Lois and walked over to her and kissed her cheek.

“Hello. Hello sport. Do you want me to take him Chief?” Clark offered.

“No, no we’re going to see the King aren’t we yes.” Perry carried the baby to his office.

“Where’s Charlie?”

“He took off said he had things to do?” Lois told him.

“You let him go alone?”

“What was I supposed to do run after him?” She raised her voice slightly.

“O.K. calm down you’re right. So who’s the attractive blonde?” Lois looked at him. “Err I mean I love you.” Lois was about to answer him when Jimmy interrupted.

“Andrea Ryan new junior reporter, she’s incredible she makes the woman I dream about look like short fat bald men.” Jimmy sighed and stared at her.

“So ask her out.” Lois prompted him he looked at her.

“Like I could ever get a girl like that.” Jimmy looked at Lois and Clark who give him a pitiful look. “What?”

“You just ask her out you say do you want to go out sometime.” Clark advised.

“This from the who took two years to ask out his wife.”

“One!” Clark corrected him.

“Clarks right she’s a person like anyone else.” Lois said.

“She’s not a person she’s a Goddess she’s like the female version of Superman out of reach from us mere mortals.” Lois looked at Clark “And like Hugh Grant said when mortals get involved with the Gods they’re buggered every time.”

“Oh for goodness sake Jimmy just go over there and ask her if she likes Mexican.” Lois said getting irritated with him.

“Mexicans?” Jimmy looked at her confused.

“Mexican food for which you then pay.”

“Do you think she’d say yes?”

“You never no until you ask. What would you normally say when you ask someone out?” Clark asked.

“Well I’d approach her…”

“Always a good start hard to ask someone out from the other side of the room.” Jimmy looked at Clark not amused for the interruption.

“Can I finish thank you? And then I’d ask her if it hurt?” Lois and Clark look at each then at Jimmy confused.

“What?” They said in unison.

“When you fell from Heaven.” Lois and Clark looked at him again. “What?”

“Jimmy that’s terrible what intelligent woman would fall for that line?” Lois asked.

“Candy fell for it.” Jimmy replied.

“I said intelligent Jimmy Candy doesn’t really qualify. Jimmy forget pick up lines just ask her out.”

“Or you could always go with the classic what’s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?” Clark teased.

“Clark don’t encourage him. Jimmy believe me straight talking is the best way.”

“Go get her.” Clark patted him on the shoulder Jimmy nodded.

“Mexican right.” Lois nodded and Jimmy headed towards Andi’s desk Lois looked at Clark.

“Tell me I’ll never have to be out there again.” Lois said to Clark

“You’ll never have to be out there again.” He kissed her then they watched Jimmy.

“Hi how you doing?” Jimmy said nervously Andi didn’t look up from her screen.

“Very busy.” She replied and continued to tap away at the computer.

“Fair enough.” Jimmy nodded and walked away. Lois and Clark looked at each other.

“Well err do you want me to take Harry up to day care?” Clark said as he turned to look at Lois.

“No Perry seems happy enough with him he’ll shout when he needs us.” Lois looked at Clark who has that look. “What is it?”

“Car crash will you…”

“Go!” Clark is about to go when she grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her and kissed him. “Be careful.” It sounded like a stupid thing to say to Superman but she always worried that it could be a trap by some Lex Luthor wanna be set on taking over the world may have kryptonite.

“I always am.” Clark said giving her another kiss and left. Andi came over to the desk.

“Was that Mr. Kent?" she asked looking in the direction that Clark had gone.

“Err yes he went to get some… diapers we’re out and you can call him Clark.” Lois smiled.

“Right err I was wondering if you could read this I’d really like your opinion before I Give it to P…Mr. White.”

“Oh sure.” Lois took Andi’s piece.

“Thanks.” Andi smiled and returned to her desk leaving Lois to read it.

J J J J J J

Clark landed at the crash site in the Superman suit there were calls for help and Superman from the people trapped in the cars. Suddenly there’s another sonic boom and a man wearing a black suit bearing an electric blue ‘S’ shield on his chest on the back of the suit is a electric blue cape and is wearing an electric blue mask and his hair is gelled down smooth.

“Can I help Superman?” The stranger asked he smiled at Clark who smiled back.

“Help who ever you can only move people once you’ve examined them don’t move anyone with broken bone unless you really have to.” Clark said firmly Charlie nodded to show he understood and the two super heroes went to work.

J J J J J J

At the Planet Lois was at her desk reading Andi’s piece when Perry came over to her desk Harry is asleep in his arm s.

“What have you got there?” Perry said softly so not to wake Harry.

“Oh Andi asked me to read it. It’s very good she’s a talented girl.” Lois looked at her sleeping baby and smiled. “How old is she?”

“Twenty-one. I haven’t seen this kind of talent and nose for news since well you.” Perry smiled “I just hope she dosen’t have your nose for trouble too.” Perry chuckled Lois glared at him not amused she had taken far less risks and hadn’t dangled over the jaws of death since before she fell pregnant. “Where’s Clark?”
“Car crash.” Lois told Perry the truth as he had known about Clark being Superman for sometime. “I’d better get Harry up to day care.” She stifled a yawn.

“Is he still keeping you up at night?”

“Who Harry or Clark?” She flashed a wicked grin at Perry.

“Hey Chief.” A copy boy called from the phone Perry turned around Lois looked in the same direction. “There’s been a bad traffic accident on 7th and 3rd Superman’s there and he has help!”

“What?” Lois jumped up.

“Do you know about this?” Perry asked her.

“Well?”

“Get Down there! And take Andi and Olsen with you.”

“Right.” Lois grabbed her stuff. “Wait what about Harry I have to take him up to daycare?”

“Don’t worry about him he’s fine with me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes now go.”

“Thanks Chief. Jimmy grab your camera.” Jimmy grabbed his camera and Lois went over to Andi. “Grab your stuff.”

“What’s going on?” Andi asked grabbing her things

“There’s been a traffic accident Superman’s there.” Jimmy answered her.

“Great I wondered how long it would be until I met him.” Andi said putting on her jacket. They all head over to the elevators Perry followed.

“O.K. Perry he’s due a bottle in 20 minutes could you give it to him?”

“Of course no problem, go.”

“Bye baby be good for Papa Perry.” She kisses the sleeping baby’s fist he snuffles but doesn’t wake.

“He’ll be fine I’ve more Elvis stories to tell him.”

“Well that should keep him asleep for a couple of hours.” Lois, Jimmy and Andi laughed Lois and Jimmy then pulled her back when they saw his glare. “I think we’d better leave.” They stepped into the elevator.

“He’s a big Elvis fan.” Andi said as the elevator went down to the under ground parking.

“Oh you have no idea if you have a problem you can bet your life the chief has a Elvis yarn to go with it.” Jimmy told her being a victim to many Elvis yarns.

“I’m big Rod Stewart fan myself.” Andi said

“He’ s beginning to grow on me.” Lois said remember Charlie playing Rod Stewart again and again.

“He’s pretty hot for 53.” Lois and Jimmy turned and looked at her. “What?” The elevator doors opened and they stepped out and got into Lois’ Jeep they drove to the accident. Where Superman and Charlie are helping Jimmy got some pictures and Andi and Lois interviewed bystanders. When Superman and Charlie were finished Jimmy shouted to them holding up his camera.

“Superman how about you and your friend posing for The Daily Planet.” Jimmy asked

“Oh no.” Charlie said turning a way Clark stopped him and turned him back towards Jimmy.

“Come on smile.” Clark said and Jimmy took some photos.

“Can we get a quote?” Andi asked her pen paused over her note pad. “What’s your name? Why are you here?”

“To help!” Charlie replied mimicking Clark’s Supermen voice and folding his arms over his chest and standing in a Superman pose he stared at Andi.

“And your name?” She said writing it down he continued to stare at her.

“My name err.”

“Yes can I have it?”

“Why do you want my name do you not have one?”

“Huh…Oh that’s funny?”

“What is?”

“Err the joke you just made!”

“I didn’t make a joke would you like to here a joke, two drunks walk in to a bar you’d think one of them would of seen it.” He looked at Andi and she smiled he smiled back.

“Err so your name.” She said becoming all flustered. “Who are you Superboy, Ultra Man?”

“Ultra Man yes you can call me Ultra Man.”

“O.K. so are you from Krypton too?”

“Our parents were but I was born on another planet.”

“Are you related?”

“We are brothers son Jor-el and Lara heirs to the house of El…”

“O.K. we should go now.” Superman said clapping Charlie on the shoulder Charlie looked at him and they flew off into the air.

“Wow.” Andi said and seconds later Clark and Charlie came round the corner Clark is wearing a tan suit, brown shoes, white shirt and blue tie. Charlie is wearing blue jeans, black boots, white t-shirt, black leather jacket and metal framed glasses Lois smiled.

“Hey I phoned the Chief he said you were here?” Clark said. He kissed Lois. “Oh Charlie this is Jimmy Olsen, Jimmy this is my cousin Charles Kent he’s going to be staying with me and Lois.”

“Hey nice to meet you.” Jimmy said shaking his hand.

“Clark, Charlie this is Andrea Ryan Andi this my husband Clark and Charlie.” Lois introduced them Charlie is staring at Andi who doesn’t really look at him when she shakes his hand but quickly releases it to shake Clarks.

“It’s nice to meet you I was telling your wife how much I admire you both.” She said.

“Nice to meet you too.”

J J J J J J

Back at the Planet Clark and Lois are sat at their desks writing up there stories Charlie is sat at Lois’ desk with her he is drawing on a large piece of paper of him and Clark helping the accident victims.
Perry comes over to Lois with Harry in his Arms Clark joins them and takes Harry from him.

“Is everything alright Chief?” Clark asks.

“No. I’ve just been talking to the suits upstairs do you know that our sales go up by 75% when there’s a Superman story?” Perry told his top reporters.

“Well it’s not surprising chief Superman’s still popular even after five years.” Lois replied.

“Yes but did you also know that 80% of them are children under 16?”

“That’s good chief isn’t it that kids are taking an interest in the News.”

“Yes of course but some bright spark has come up with the idea that a sub news paper aimed at kids done in a sort of comic book style is a good idea.” Perry continued to grumble.

“It’s a good idea.” Lois agreed but hoping that he doesn’t want her to have anything to do with it.

“Yeah well they don’t want to pump too much money into it so they want it to be run from here until they’re sure that it is a success so I have to interview cartoonists what do I know about comic strips I’m an editor for a series newspaper ask me to interview for a reporter no problem.” Perry continued to rant.

“Chief have you seen this?” Lois said taking the paper Charlie had been drawing on and shows it too Perry. Perry takes the paper and looks at it then at Charlie who is unsure of him.

“Did you do this son?” Perry asked Charlie nodded.

“Err this is my brother Chief it’s along story he arrived yesterday.” Clark explained.

“What’s your name son?” Perry asked.

“Err Char-el son of Jor-eland Lara and Brother of Kal-el.” Charlie said.

“Huh we call him Charlie.” Lois said smiling at the speech Charlie gives when meeting new people. “But we’re telling people he’s Clarks cousin.”

“So I suppose you’re the new superhero in town then?” Perry said lowing his voice Charlie nodded again.

“Welcome to the daily planet son Perry White.” He shook Charlie’s hand. “You call me Chief or Mr. White at work O.K.?” Charlie nodded again. “Well what’s everyone standing around for we’ve a paper to get out. I need to have a storyboard from you by five to show the bosses upstairs Okay?” Charlie nodded again. “And it will need a name do you think you can think of one I have better things to do?”

“Err…” Charlie stammered.

“Good. Well get to it.” Perry barks then retreated back to his office.

Harry squealed to get someone’s attention Clark looked at him.

“Hey what’s all the noise huh.” Clark held him up at arms length and playful shakes him Harry giggled.

“Clark don’t do that he’s just been fed and he’ll be sick.” Lois warned him.

“No he want you wouldn’t be sick on your daddy would you no.” Harry giggled sucking on his fist he then burps and is sick on Clark’s shoulder Harry giggled again Lois rolled her eyes.

“Huh I told you but you wouldn’t listen. Let me see.” Lois stood up knocked some of Charlie’s drawings off the desk and onto the floor Charlie gathers them up Lois looks at one a penciled drawing of Andi Charlie looks at Lois shyly. “It’s very good.” Lois smiled at him.” You like her?” Lois told him more than asked.

“She’s even more beautiful than the sky.” Charlie sighed and stared at her.

“So go talk to her. Ask her out?” Lois encouraged him.

“Ask her out?” Charlie looked at Lois.

“On a date.”

“A date?”

“What are you an echo?” Lois said getting frustrated. “You ask her out then you take her somewhere to eat or see a movie or dancing.” Charlie looked at her. “Just say would you like to go out with me?”

“With you?” Charlie pointed at Lois. Lois rolls her eyes Clark smiled watching his wife beginning to lose her patients.

“No with you. Look ask her out and if she says yes me and Clark will double with you.” Lois pulled him up and pushed him towards Andi’s desk Charlie turned and looked at Lois “Just say would you like to go out with me tonight?” Charlie nodded.

“Then what do I say?” He asked.

“Say you’ll pick her up at Eight and ask for her address.” Lois smiled as Charlie walked towards Andi. Lois sits down at her desk happy with her match making skills Clark then steps towards her and stares at her. “What?”

“Honey do you do you think it’s a good idea you seen the way Andi turned Jimmy down?” Clark said.

“Charlie’s different he has that lost, helpless look women love that.”

“Really?”

“Worked for me just took a lot longer.” She grabbed his tie and pulled him closer to kiss him Harry squealed again Lois and Clark look at him and smiled. “Sorry are we ignoring you.” She took Harry and they watch Charlie. Jimmy comes over to the desk.

“Hey! What’s Charlie doing?” Jimmy asked watching him nervously approach Andi’s desk.

“Asking Andi out?” Clark replied still not convinced it’s such a good idea.

“Huh well I hope he likes been shot down I’ve seen 5 guys ask her out today and she’s turned everyone down.” They all look back to Charlie as he reached Andi’s desk.

“Hi.” Charlie said nervously Andi sighs this had been the 7th guy to ask her out today she turned to look at the guy and was faced with a cute guy with large brown puppy dog eyes this was going to be hard she was about to say she was busy when he kissed her. When he pulled away she stared at him gob smacked he smiled it was a warm friendly smile and his eyes she could quite happily become lost in them. “Would you like to go out with me?” Charlie asked her she stared at him stunned.

“Uh err O.K.” She said unable to say anything else when she said this Charlie smiled lighting up his whole face.

“I’ll pick you up at eight. Can I have your address?”

“Err uh oh sure.” She writes it on a note pad and neatly tears it off then gives it to Charlie who smiles again she hoped he didn’t do that too often it was making her go weak at the knees. <Get a grip Ryan he’s just a guy.> But there was something different about him.

“Thanks.” He says and smiled again and he looked at the slip of paper and walked over to Lois and Clark who have witnessed the whole thing and they are all stunned.

“He’s smooth.” Jimmy said. An auburn young woman walks past him and sits at her desk he goes over to her desk. “Hi.” He says confidently she looks up at him and then he kisses her the woman pushes him away then slaps his face.

“Creep!” She said and turned away from him. Jimmy very embarrassed stood up and walked away.

Charlie has now joined Lois and Clark at Lois’ desk with a broad grin on his face.

“She said yes.” Charlie said still smiling. “I like kissing.” Lois and Clark both smiled. “Here’s her address do you know it?” He handed Lois the piece of paper.

“I should.” She says looking at the address. “I used to live there.” Jimmy and Perry joined them Jimmy now has a red hand mark on his left cheek.

“What?” Jimmy says noticing that everyone is staring at him.

“You have a red mark on your face.” Charlie points out concerned.

“Oh yeah it’s just a rash.” Jimmy explains still embarrassed.

“Funny if I didn’t know better I would say that someone’s slapped you right across your face.” Perry said pointing at him.

“It’s a rash O.K. I always get it.” Jimmy says becoming defensive and more embarrassed He walks away Lois, Clark and Perry laugh.

“Why would someone hit Jimmy?” Charlie asked.

“So Chief how would you like to baby sit for your favorite adoptive grandson.” Lois smiled.

“Huh I’d love to I’m sure Alice wouldn’t mind what time?” He replied.

“Seven thirty O.K.?”

“Yes that’ll be fine.” He smiled “how’s that comic strip coming along Kent?”

“Err…” Charlie began.

“Good.” Perry smiled and walked to his office.

“I’d better get this one up to the day care.” Clark said putting the diaper bag over his shoulder. “Say good by to Mommy.” Clark cooed waving Harry’s hand to Lois who smiled as Harry chewed on his other fist and drooling.

“Bye baby be good.” Lois kissed him and Clark. Clark then goes to the elevators and takes Harry up to the daycare

“I’d better start on that comic strip.” Lois looked in his eyes and can see fear in them.

“Charlie you don’t have to be scared of Perry it’s all just and act he’s a pussy cat really you just have to know how to handle him.” Lois told him.

“I don’t know how to dance!” He said Lois looked at him confused.

“What?”

“For the date tonight.” He explained.

“You want have to dance Charlie.”

“O.K.” Charlie picks up his paper and pens then sits at an empty desk.

Lois gets up and goes to Perry’s office she walks straight in without knocking.

“Chief I need to speak to you.”

“What is it Lois?” not looking up from his papers.

“Well it’s about Charlie I thought you could give him an advance on his pay.” Perry is about to object but Lois continues before he has a chance. “see he’s going out on a date with Andi tonight and I think he’d feel more comfortable with his own money.” Perry looked at her and sighed.

“I’ll see what I can do.” Lois smiled in victory and left. She sat down at her desk and continued with her work. Clark was back at his desk finishing his story.

Later Clark and Lois sent their stories to Perry and Charlie came over to them to show them his storyboard for the comic strip he had also given it a name using the Daily Planets lettering and the globe the title said The Junior Planet.

“This is great Charlie the chief’s going to love it.” Clark said reassuringly.

“Will you come with me?” Charlie asked Clark who smiled.

“Sure come on we’ll go now.” Clark got up

“I’ll go collect Harry.” Lois told Clark.

“O.K.” He said as they head for Perry’s office.

“This is good work kid I like the name too.” Perry looked at Charlie who looked nervous Clark smiled. “Now do you think you can put some more Superman stories together starting with his arrival.”

“Err…” Charlie stammers.

“Good you and Olsen can go down to the archives tomorrow.”

J J J J J J

Lois stepped off the elevator carrying Harry she walks over to Jimmy.

“Jimmy where’s Clark?” She asked him.

“Still in with the Chief.” He answered.

“Oh you couldn’t watch Harry for me while I nip to the ladies.”

“Sure come here buddy.” Jimmy took Harry from Lois and she goes to the ladies. “Hey can you say Jimmy, Jimmy?” Harry gurgled and laughed Jimmy smiled back “Hey you’re laughing at me what took me so long?”

“Little Jimmy Olsen.” A female voice came from behind him he turned around to see a familiar face.

“Cat?” Jimmy said surprised to see her. Catherine Grant was the gossip columnist at the Planet she left just before Lois nearly married Lex Luthor.

“Surprised to see me? Jimmy stared at her and Harry lets out a squeal to get some attention. “Oh what a little cutie is he yours?”

“No he’s mine?” It was Cat’s turn to spin around in surprise but she quickly recovered.

“Yours!” She smirked. Lois took Harry from Jimmy and he is happy to see her. “So who’s the father or did your biologically clock start ticking.”

“ No actually I’ve been married for nearly two years.”

“Huh you got married? Did you hold a gun to his head?”

“Very funny.”

“Sorry so who’s the unlucky sorry lucky guy?”

“Well…” Lois began when Clark came over and took Harry from Lois but didn’t notice Cat.

“Hi honey.” He kissed Lois on the cheek. “Hello have you been a good boy.”

“Clark?” Cat said shocked this made Clark look at her.

“Cat?” He smiled. “Huh what are you doing here?”

“Wait, back up you two, you two you and Clark, Clark and you, You’re, you’re, you’re…” Cat stammed still shocked.

“Are married.” Lois told her. “Surprised?”

“Gob smacked I never thought you two would ever get married.” She looks at Clark. “Not that there’s anything wrong with you Clarkie…”

“Hey, hey, hey no one calls

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013