K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
GAK!! eek

This part was just torture to read!! And you know I mean that in the best way possible. You can't *not* read it, as much as you want to skip over it. Why is that? Well, I think because it's so well-written. It's believable. Life ain't perfect, and it's not realistic for Lois to just tell him off and leave. You've made me believe she really had to... well, you know. whinging

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whine.

No really, I think I just whimpered at the end and made a face. I really feel sorry for Lois. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
oh hell no and thats all i'm saying

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This...made my skin crawl! spider Lex touching Lois that way... But after all he is her husband. She needs to tell him that she wants a divorce. Again, Clark will help her.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Has anyone ever mentioned to you that...

...these posts are WAY TOO SHORT?! grumble

We need more! hyper

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi H,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still reading. I haven't commented since the first post because these installments with Lois and Clark not being together at all really are a "torture" to read. Especially when Dave was killed and now with Lex taking advantage of Lois...

I am not criticizing your work at all. But you write so well and so realistic that it is hard for someone rooting for Lois and Clark not to be appalled (not sure if that is the right word here) at what's happening right now. Yes, I knew it wouldn't be easy for Lois to get out of her marriage but apparently I was way too optimistic and glossed over those actions that would happen in order for Lois's run to freedom to take place.

I am sure Lex drugged her and all... But still, I can't say anything except: Yuck!
I don't even want to think about it. Except, wasn't Clark thinking about flying to Metropolis to check on things? This might be the worst but also the best possible moment to do so...

Natascha (still reading but feeling the need for some positive moments along the way wink )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
mecry

I was *hanging* on every single word - amazing writing - COMPELLING STUFF!!! wink

Is it Sunday yet?!? hail

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
razz )

But yeah... for now...

jawdrop

You are a big meanie, doing that, leaving us THERE....

... and yet I wait so eagerly, with just the sweetest smile on my face, for the next part... wink

Nicole smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't think I have words to describe the events that happen in this part, Kae! Ew and yuck come to mind, but I think people have already mentioned them [g].

I wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm catching up with the story - school is over (yay, but I miss my kids already!) and I'll hopefully have more time to read on the boards now. (Yes, my grad class for the summer has already begun, but when given the choice of textbook or NWHII... well, you know for sure which one I'm going to choose! wink )

Anyway, excellent writing so far, and you have me just as hooked with this story as you did when I read NWH for the first time! I feel bad for both Lois and Clark - and your Lex just gives me chills! Creepy and suave at the same time (how do you do that??) and really well-written.

I'm looking forward to the next part! Sunday, right? Can't wait! smile

Trace smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Umm, yeah, accidentally hit the post button twice. Come on, you wanted to read my comments for a second time, didn't you? [g]

Sorry about that! Can I use the space to tell you I really like your story again? laugh

Trace (embarassed at her lack of posting abilities blush )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I did it! I came back! So, continuing from my last post...

Away from her husband’s gaze, Lois gave in to a shudder. Her mind blank and somewhat clouded by the one glass of wine she’d drunk - she didn’t remember that Bourgogne Blanc being so strong
Okay, a few things here. I *love* the shudder but also the fear. Shudders are involuntary(usually), but what you've done here is GREAT. She's so afraid of her *husband* which is just so fantastically painted here as well, that she has suppressed a shudder... but she's also so sickened by him, by his touch, that the shudder does not go away. And the moment his back is turned... goofy

And I think this might just be my absolute favorite line in the whole section:
It wouldn’t be as revealing as the black nightie she was wearing now. On the other hand, the expensive lingerie looked like something out of a fairy tale book, and sometimes it felt like a disguise. In a way, it revealed less about her than shorts and a baggy t-shirt would.
That is... that's.... it's... amazing. Honestly. It's so true. The more revealing bedwear reveals less about the person in it. Lois as we saw her in that first morning during HiM, that's Lois! That's Lois at her most comfortable, smiling, joking around, confident, self-assured... and wouldn't you know it, she's with Clark then. She can look drop dead in any gown or (yuck!) black nightie (only yuck because of who she's wearing it FOR), but that does not mean the person looking at her in it can even see her. See what is important to her and what she's *really* like, when her guard's down. Oh, I don't know if I'm making sense so I'll put it another way. grumble

Okay, THIS seemed promising...
Her head was spinning. Her legs felt like cotton wool. She grasped the edges of the sink and gritted her teeth. She was *not* going to let him have his way with her, either tonight or tomorrow or at any other time in the future. She was getting out of this marriage *now*. Tonight.
... but alas...
“Mine,” he whispered against the side of her neck.

His.

She was his. And none of her muscles were responding even as she recoiled against the idea to be her husband’s possession one more night.
No!!!!! Kae!!! Bad Kae! Bad!!! But... OMG, goooood writing. And okay, you've SORT of got me all interested and on the edge of my (oops! just fell off, okay, now I'm back) seat... and waiting SOOOO eagerly for more!!!!! Um... can you give me an estimate here so I can start guessing what might happen next? Like if you say this is part 6 out of a potential 104 parts, I might go "OMG she's pregnant! She's having the spawn of devil " If you say it's part 6 out of, oh 7... I will sit back and sigh and go "Super!" knowing obviously Clark will rescue her and Luthor will die somehow and they'll be together FOREVER! Starting NOW. (why do I feel like you are NOT going that route though...)

Okay, I am not making sense, I apologize wink

CANNOT wait for Sunday!!!!!

Nicole smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Alright, Kae - I'm going *nuts* here! dizzy Monday evening and *still* no part 7?!? frown You gotta help me out here - I'm dying to know what Lois is gonna do!! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tuesday afternoon, still no part 7?!? whinging Everything OK Kae? huh Warning, I *will* keep nagging LOL! wildguy Anyone care to join me?

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Screeeech!

Did someone say "nag"? <g>

GET BACK HERE, WOMAN! mad (spoken like Lex, in a tender love scene, which is just so FITTING, don't you think?)

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I hope Kae doesn't mind me speaking on her behalf, but I know she's had a few RL things to deal with the last week that've kept her occupied. I believe she's just working on a few final edits for part 7. I know she'll get it posted just as soon as she can. smile

Meantime, I know she really appreciates all the feedback (and nagging wink ).

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so so so sorry, guys! Sara got it right (and thanks for posting, Sara!): RL hit big time last week and it kept on this week... between end-of-schoolyear stuff, catching a stupid cold and so on.

Anyway, I apologise for not posting last Sunday. I need to do a couple of edits on the next part but I'll post it tonight. Then I'm afraid you'll have to give me until the 9th of July to post the following one, because I'm running out of buffer and so I need to get writing. wink But summer break starts on July 8 so...

Thanks for your patience, and most of all thank you for your amazing feedback. I can't tell you how much it means to me. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard