Print Thread
#30281 06/08/06 05:59 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great chapter, DJ! I have very little time to comment on it, but I loved it. Well, for one thing it focused on Lois and Clark, and you know what I want my Lois and Clark stories to focus on, hmmm? wink

You handled the sensitive topic of what if would mean to Lois and Clark as a couple if she had to have her breast removed. I found all of it so right and moving, the way Lois pressed her breast flat to imagine what she would look like without it, the way Clark reassured her about constructive surgery, the way she still doubted that she would be a "real" woman if that happened, and the way she feared that Clark wouldn't be attracted to her if one of her breasts was just "reconstructed". And I loved the way you showed us Clark's complete love and acceptance of her, whatever treatment her tumour would require. (By the way, I rather liked Clark's suggestion that Doctor Klein should take a look at Lois, too.)

And then Clark's dream was just so horrible! It was the kind of nightmare that stays with you for the rest of your life. Thank God it only was a dream, though. But I loved it that you showed us what I think must be Clark's worst fear: that everyone will turn their backs on him, and that he will be helpless to do anything for anyone. And that his loved one will reject hem. Come to think of it, isn't that everyone's worst nightmare?

Brilliant, DJ. Looking forward to more! (Though, to be absolutely, totally honest, I'm not eager to spend a lot more time in Aaron's company. But that's just me, you know. I keep telling people I fast-forward over the scariest parts of the stories I read. I'm hopeless, aren't I?)

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad you liked it Ann. Your comments early on helped me shape the scene between Lois & Clark and confronting her breast cancer.

Yes, I thought the dream sequence was pretty evil myself. devil It made one of my betas shed a tear or two. But I wanted to show Clark's ultimate fear...he could lose the support of a lot of people but he couldn't bear to lose Lois' love and support.

On the Dr. Klein issue, thanks, it made one of my betas laugh...she agreed with Lois about not wanting to see Dr. Klein for *that* - who could blame her. wink

From here on out it's all about Lois & Clark for the most part. Aaron makes some appearances - but don't fast forward thru these because they are Lois & Clark scenes and are important. laugh

I'll post part 9 sometime this weekend!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
OOOOoooo!!! Ditto on what ann said. Loved this part! And the dream was sad. /me bounces in anticpation for scary parts to come. Bring me the darkness!!!!!!!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Rach! You won't be disappointed... wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Rach! You won't be disappointed...
WOOHOO!!!!! smile1

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh wow, what a horrible dream eek eek

Yes, I think, too, Lois see another doctor for a second opinion. After all, isn't Lizbeth, the doctor's office assistent in with Aaron? eek

Looking forward to more

~Julia wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Julia! You are so right. A few parts back when Aaron was in the lab, he got a call on his cell phone. The name on the caller ID was Lizbeth and she said she had some interesting news for he and the leader. smile1

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard