Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
I'm sorry I hadn't commented on the last two parts, I just catch up. And I still love your story very much.

I was very upset by the death of Dave, but I'm really glad that Lois investigate it with her old manners. That sentence from Henderson say it all:

“I should have known that one day you’d be back in the game.”
That reinforce the fact that Lois had changed in the months she spend with Luthor, and the fact that she is back to herself since she saw Clark again. And I love that.

And the description of Clark's feelings in the first half of the part was so very well done. The guilt and the need to see her again together. That was great.

I would love to be next sunday yet. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent, I'm happy to see another part!

Only Luthor had the right to make love to her.
That's gotta hurt. It's so frustrating but true.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Really nice. Kaethel you are an amazing writer, even if this story feels somewhat pending.

And if you guys have ideas or suggestions please feel free to share them. They might wake the Muse, which is staying a bit silent these days.
What are you looking for? plot? twists?

I suggested you did something with Carlin. It would be really L&C if Luthor turns out to be a bigamist.
I like it when Luthor is written smart and oblique. In Wendys second thoughts Clark gets a job offer in another city with substantial salary increase, when this doesn't work his parents suddenly need to pay back the loans on their farm. This is how I think Lex mind works.
Or in Thompsons first comes marriage Luthor feeds Lois the image of Clark as a serious womanizer. Hitting her in her greatest insecurity.

Something devilish, Lex is like your classic mafia boss. He doesn't throw tantrums he just smiles and find a way to even the score.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I've told you before how much I love the park scene... and that Clark revisits in this part to reconnect with her in a way, I just love that. This paragraph:

But more than his lack of findings, it was the thoughts haunting his mind that prevented him from getting anywhere. He wanted to call her. He needed to hear her voice. Three days with her weren’t enough to erase six months of loneliness, and he still had to pinch himself to make sure he hadn’t been dreaming. His quest for reality was what had driven him back here, in this small temple at the top of one of Paris’ parks.
This is just... gah!! I love it. Every sentence in there. clap

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ONCE AGAIN, late to this ride!!!!!!! Screeech! But here I am!! RL has been particularly ridiculous this week, so I've been MIA from the boards, but I wanted to get to you before you post part 5. And... you know what I'm doing to say, don't you? That I love this. That I adore it. That I think you're fantastic. That I think this story totally ROCKS! Well.... you'd be absolutely right <g> wink

Part 4 was just so.... *so*.... umm.... well you open up with Clark's POV, which is just so endearingly Clark, as he goes through the situation he is in with Lois, coupled with his intense feelings for her...
There were no regrets to have. If he hadn’t made love to Lois, he’d have waited for her to fly back to Metropolis, then he’d have picked up the remnants of his hopeless existence. He would probably have felt even worse. At least now she’d given him hope that there might be a future for them.
Oooooh... goofy

~Nicole smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Alright Kae - it is now SUNDAY evening! Where is part 5?!? notworthy Looking forward to the next part! Give that muse a kick in the butt and get it in gear LOL! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmmmmm, anyone heard from Kae?? It is now MONDAY night and no new posts? I'm getting worried ... and a bit impatient too I'll admit LOL!! wink Kae, you out there? Hope you're okay and that the next part is coming soon! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KAE COME BACK HEREE AND POST THE 5TH PART!!!!!!

DON"T YOU DO THIS.... frown

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I know it's not the Muse because I sent back new parts to Kae at the end of last week and I know she still has a bit of a buffer.

Course, doesn't have to be the Muse - plenty of RL stuff can get in the way of posting. goofy

Hopefully, she'll get a spare minute soon and post the next segment. I guarantee you'll love it when she does.

Maybe some new feedback will encourage her. laugh Come on, lurkers, you know you're out there!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry guys! Sunday was a very busy day then when I got home that night, for some reason nothing Internet-related worked on my laptop. I still had quite a bit of work to do for class so I didn't spend too long trying to figure it out. Then last night it was just one thing after another and I got home too late to get the post ready.

I'm sorry for making you worried, but thanks for enquiring about the story - it cheers me up to see you're still interested in it and want to read what comes next. smile

Thanks to all of you for posting. I've been writing a little last week, so now I just need more time to unleash the Muse. wink I truly, truly appreciate all your encouragement! smile

Part 5 coming up in a few minutes! (oh, and part 6 will be posted on Sunday as usual)

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard