Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi All,

Complaints go here. smile

Yours Jenni

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No complaints at all! It´s short, but... whinging More and more it gets obvious how much damage was done to him. I hope very much he will recover with the help of Lois and his family. I´m looking forward to reading that!

“I've already met the new you and you certainly don't disappoint me.” Lois dared to bend down and brush her lips over Clark's. It was only a fleeting kiss, gone before it barely had a chance to be registered, yet its after-glow lingered in both their souls. “Clark, I know you're scared, and you have every right to be. I understand you have to be feeling very unsure of the future, but do you think you can place yourself in my hands for a while? I have enough strength for the both of us.”

Clark's eyes were awash with tears, but for the first time in such a long while, they were tears of relief and happiness. “Somehow I feel we've been here before, Lois. But yes, I can do that... with all my heart, Lois. With all my heart.”

In the background, Matt smiled as he slipped past the door and took to the sky in pure elation. His father was coming home!
Wonderfully written! I love it! party

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thank you for that little bit of humour about where the complaints should go, Jenni! thumbsup

But there is no cause for complaints here, but rather very much the opposite. This is a lovely part which put such a happy smile on my face.

Let's return to the humour for a little while. I loved this:

He really did want to go home. How could he have been such a lunkhead? And an even worse thought came to mind... was this one of his less endearing character traits?
As a non-native English speaker who don't live in an English-speaking environment, I'm always wondering what it is I'm not getting when I come across words that I don't know. Nevertheless, I've always thought of "lunkhead" as a word that probably doesn't exist in the English language. I've thought of it as a pure "Lois and Clark" word, not even a word that belongs to the wider Lois and Clark universe, but as a word that Lois and Clark use between themselves to describe Clark's more or less charming stupidity. Assuming I'm correct about this, I found it so endearing that Clark would think of himself as "a lunkhead", and ask himself if this was one of his less endearing character traits.

I completely loved this, too:

"Sometimes, what I try to say come out all wrong. I guess I'm just not good with words anymore, which probably surprises you, since I was a journalist once upon a time."

A little grin twitched Lois' lips. "Actually, strange though it seems, you were never great with words when it came to your personal life, though you did get better with practice."
Hah! I've been reading Sue S's wonderful Revisionist History lately, but I've been going crazy about Clark's inability to talk about his feelings and express his love for Lois in words in that story, and I've been going on and on about it in my comments. I love it that you call attention to the same flaw of Clark's in this story, Jenni! thumbsup

And then there is the whole last part of this chapter. I feel it is a little too long for me to quote all of it, but I absolutely loved the way Lois explained to Clark that it didn't matter to her if he never got his powers back, or if he never could be Superman again. She loved him, Clark, not the powers that made him Superman. And I loved, completely loved, that brief, feather-light kiss between them. Most certainly I also loved Lois's request that Clark trust her, that he dare to put himself in her hands, and his promise that he did, and would. And, of course, I loved Matt's elation.

The happiness and hope and love between Lois, Clark and Matt in this chapter is, well, just so, so beautiful.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just wanted to let you know I'm still following this, Jenni. Keep writing. smile

Yvonne

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Just wanted to say, I'm loving this piece more and more everytime I read a new part. Can't wait for more.

CJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jenni, I'm following and loving this story, too. smile1

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard