Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie and Kathy,

I don't think you need to add anything at all. I thought it was a good idea to leave what was going to happen (and we all know what will happen -- they will get together, conversations, smoochies, revelations, etc), but it is left up to the reader's imagination. I actually sort of like it that way better. We can imagine how we want each of those conversations to go -- on our own.

I think that if you guys had added any more, your story wouldn't end on such an original note. I loved your story because it was so unique I just don't see what you guys could have possibly missed that would need an epilogue/sequel... You've left us with a feeling that things are going to work out -- and i think that's more than enouh to end on.

I absolutely love the last line about Lois being intoxicated by his kisses -- i thought that was a perfect closure because it is a different intoxication but it brings the story full-circle wonderfully. I also think that some of the impact of the final line would be lost if you went any further.

Just my 2 cents smile .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lucy was great in explaining Lois that alcohol only give her courage to do what she wanted.

Are you sure Clark wasn't drunk? He surely behaved like he was.

Great closing lines:

With another moan, Clark captured her mouth again, his lips teasing her until she felt her knees go weak. "Lois?" he whispered huskily as he finally pulled back.

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."

As their mouths met once more, Lois knew that there was still a lot to say ... confessions to make, declarations of their feelings. But she also knew that these conversations would best be held while they were sober. And right now, she was much too intoxicated by his kisses to talk.

Gabriele
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
With another moan, Clark captured her mouth again, his lips teasing her until she felt her knees go weak. "Lois?" he whispered huskily as he finally pulled back.

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."
WHOOHOO! goofy

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
That was great! I loved Lois' conversation with Lucy and Lois' reaction to what she had said when she was drunk. Clark's frustration at not being able to get drunk was quite interesting actually. All in all great job! thumbsup

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathy,

You ask why some want an epilogue. Strangely, that's the first thing that occurred to me as I read the ending and before I saw all the calls for an epilogue. It's a vague feeling to me, but I can understand why there's something "missing" from the ending. The ending has Clark appearing to be drunk, despite his belief that he cannot get drunk.

Because he is not apparently in full control of his faculties, I get the impression that there could be problems cropping up from his state of "inebriation." It might be more satisfying to see what happens the next morning after Clark is back in full control. Anyway, that's IMO.

I like the way Clark did finally confess his feelings, which is something out of character if he was in full control. It helped to give both of them courage to admit all.

Outside of the "missing" feeling, I think this was a great part.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've finally posted the last part! hyper /me does a very happy dance

I love this fic, it's going straight to my AK list for next year. I still don't know how you managed it, but it's hilarious from the start till the end.

So this part was a wonderfull read in the morning. I like the conversation between Lois and Lucy. Lucy, the voice of reasoning, and it suits her very well. Especially now that Lois realizes her true feelings and actually want to let Clark know about it.

And then... poor Clark! You've got him drunk because he misses Lois. But there's really nothing to miss... if only the both opened their eyes sooner. It causes a lot more hurt if you do that while you're drunk.

And YAY!!!!!!! Smoochie! dance

As for the epilogue, I don't really see the need of it. Of course I won't object one bit to see more smoochies, one can never have enough of that. The story itself is pretty clear. I don't see anything you want to explain more. Not even about Clark's supposed drunkness. He *thinks* he can't get drunk. He never tried to get drunk and just makes assumptions. So we get to see him drunk while he doesn't realize it yet. And that makes is funny again to read. I can think of the consequenses myself and picture in my head what happens next.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was absolutely fabulous! I *love* the conversation between Lois and Lucy. The characterization is so dead-on, it really adds so much to the story. Wonderful job, ladies.

Ah, also to add: I don't see the need for an epilogue, although I would be delighted to see one. I love the way the story ended, leaving much to the imagination. And the last line is priceless! smile

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

And oooooooooooh...Growly!Clark. I love him. <G> We don't see enough of him for my liking.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kathy and Annie

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! That was fantastic! smile

Thank you!

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This section does a lovely job of showcasing just how much we lost when Lucy lost the show. Lois *needed* a confidant, someone to be her sounding board and reflect reality back at her. Star just didn't cut it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for a fun one, you two! I really enjoyed it. smile

Hazel, who wonders why both of Kathy's purely WAFFy stories that she actually likes have to do with alcohol goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Blogger
Blogger
Hi!

Thanks you two for this great story! hyper YES hyper YEEEES!

I SIMPLY LOVED IT!!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!
See you guys... soon I hope!. wink
wave

YAY!!, I loved the end

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful story, you two! It was hilarious, but it never versed into a farce - you always stayed very true to character and even gave us some great poignant scenes. All in all, awesome mixture of witty dialogue, hilarious scenes, and waffs all the way through! thumbsup

So... when do we get more from that very successful partnership?

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I loved this story from beginning to end. Great job guys.

Melisa

Features Writer
Features Writer
I never got a chance to post comments on Part 3 (which I thoroughly enjoyed, BTW), and now I can chime in to say ditto to many of the comments already made to Part 4 as well. I loved Lucy's conversation with Lois, and thank heavens that prompted Lois to *finally* remember what Clark had said when he left her apartment.

I'm a little confused about Clark and the alcohol, though. Normally, Clark should not be physically affected by the wine, right? At least, that's what he (and we) believes. However, since he's gone for 36 hours without sleep and he's also mentally exhausted and frustrated about Lois, are you trying to imply that he's gotten "mentally" tipsy? It seems a little that way to me, because otherwise, despite his frustration, I don't know that he would have had the courage to blurt it all out to Lois like that. I absolutely LOVED it, though. The kiss was magical, passionate and wondrous. And as for this...

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."
Well, it was difficult to pick myself up off the floor after that. But I had to; I can't see the computer screen from the floor, and even though I had the most incredible mental picture in my head of this entire scene playing out, I just had to read that passage again - the word wonderful doesn't begin to describe how fantastic I thought this was... [Linked Image]

Re the calls for an epilogue: I personally don't feel the need to read about a revelation or anything like that. I think I feel like Roger, merely a little unsettled about Clark and his "inebriation", so I'll just say ditto to his post...

Wonderful job, ladies. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and hope to see another collaboration (as well as individual stories!) from you two soon! smile1

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kathy and Annie
wonderful story
I thoroughly enjoyed this
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey kathy and annie. sorry i took a while to post here. i had the worst time with my dial-up connection last night, and then when i finally got it stable, i got distracted by this other website and well... anyway... blush

the call to lucy was fun. laugh

glad she managed to convince lois that she was only acting on feelings that were already present. yay lucy! smile

love the way lois hung up on her. laugh

poor clark, though. espcially with this:

The single most amazing kiss he'd ever experienced in his life, and it hadn't even made an impression on her!
that would have been almost unbearably heartwrenching if you hadn't just told us that lois was on her way to make it up to him.

nice job with the wine bottles. i was reading that and picturing lois coming in to find a row of bottles that had met a variety of unfortunate fates, but i liked the way you worked it. smile

not sure what to make of clark's state when lois arrived. i have a feeling that was intentional, but i'm not sure. i do kind of like him being ambiguously drunk. still, i prefer to read it as clark being moody, overtired, frustrated, etc. thanks for leaving that interpretation open.

otoh, clark's being "drunk" does lend a nice balance to things.

add me in to the list of people who loved this bit, too:

"Yes?"

"Take advantage of me."
very nice. smile

i did wonder about lois being willing to take him up on that, given her recent experience, but it does seem right. certainly gives us some lovely waff, and the line is both unexpected and perfect.

as for a sequel/epilogue, you're right... i don't see what's left to write. i'd love to see more from the two of you, but i'd be happy with something new. this one doesn't feel incomplete. the last line certainly feels right for the story.

so, great job, you two! smile thanks for sharing. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Time to join the chorus of praise, because this was a delightful story -- so consider that said in as much detail and with as much emphasis as you like (right now, I'm not that articulate due to prolonged exam marking...).

I'd also like to see an epilogue. It doesn't have to be that long, but it would wrap up the events of the story if we saw Lois and Clark express their true feelings for each other when neither one is under the (supposed, in Clark's case) effects of booze. Otherwise, I can't help feeling that there's trouble ahead for the couple, mostly stemming from how Lois will feel about "taking advantage" of Clark when he had the strength (barely! laugh ) not to take advantage of her.

We know that Clark wasn't drunk, just finally frustrated and fed up with having to hide his feelings for Lois to the point where his control snapped (or so I interpret the story wink ), but she doesn't, and it would be in character for her to hate herself and feel horribly embarrassed and humiliated that she couldn't match her partner's self-control. So it would add the final touch to the sudden blossoming of their relationship to see Clark reassure Lois that he wasn't drunk and "out of control"; he knew what he was saying and meant it.

And then you can please the "Smoochies" Party by finishing it off in the same fashion as you did the main story. laugh

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Annie and Kathy smile1

I just loved this story so much that I can't find the right words right now /me runs to check her dictionary laugh

I loved Lois drunk and the way she kept pushing herself towards Clark. It was really funny.

The Iced Tea idea was really great. I probably would fall in this "trick" too laugh

I can really see poor Clark trying to resist while Lois jumped on him. No wonder he was so frustrating with everything. You just made me rotflol with Clark's words in the end: "Take advantage of me". Since we know that Lois isn't like Clark to resist that was a good way to end it.

Oh BTW I loved the smochies too blush

Raquel (who really thinks Annie and Kathy should write more stories together laugh )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard