Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#297562 09/22/23 03:24 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
My Lost Sister

Love the title prompt generator (because I really hate choosing a title!)

Let me know what you think!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved this! I'd love to see a sequel, or maybe Lois realizes that man was Clark at some point while working with him at the Planet.... smile1

So sweet, and the first person was spot on with how I imagine she'd feel with not knowing where her sister is.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Loved this! I'd love to see a sequel, or maybe Lois realizes that man was Clark at some point while working with him at the Planet.... smile1

Ahh, yeah, that would be interesting! I almost feel like this moment might stand out enough to her that she'd recognize him...right away... And then when Superman showed up... Hmmm! Would be interesting to think about! smile

Originally Posted by Blueowl
So sweet, and the first person was spot on with how I imagine she'd feel with not knowing where her sister is.

Yay! Thanks!! This one did seem to lend itself well to the first person POV, which I just love to write in!

Glad you liked it! Thanks for the FDK!!

-Bek
smile1

Columnist
Columnist
I loved this. I'm so glad the stranger helped. Wonder what his name is? lol.

I also how you wrote it in the first person POV.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was awesome. I loved how Lois instinctively trusted Clark. Glad he could help her. I agree with Blueowl here. This makes a great prompt for a AU I'd love to read.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For a second I thought the stranger would be Henderson.

Great story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I loved this. I'm so glad the stranger helped. Wonder what his name is? lol.

rotflol Guess we'll neeeeeeeever know! hehehe

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I also how you wrote it in the first person POV.

Thank you!! I think this story needed first person, for sure!

Thanks for reading!

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
This was awesome. I loved how Lois instinctively trusted Clark. Glad he could help her. I agree with Blueowl here. This makes a great prompt for a AU I'd love to read.

I've been thinking about this, and I wonder...if Lois will let it drop now, or if her curiosity would get the best of her, and she'd somehow manage to track him down, even given the little (basically nothing) she knows about him... So, if I were to write more on this...would it be set in the future, when they meet at the DP (and would they both remember each other [I think they would!], would either of them say anything?? what about when Superman shows up??) OR would it be a continuation of the current setting, following as Lois pieces together who Clark is and how he found Lucy...??

Ah, interesting to imagine both scenarios!

Thanks for reading!!!

-Bek
smile

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
For a second I thought the stranger would be Henderson.

Oh, that would have been different!!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Great story!

Thank you! And thank you for reading! smile1

-Bek

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I enjoyed this a lot! Lois’s curiosity is piqued. I wonder if she’ll look for Clark or just let it go. I hope you write a sequel. Thanks!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Sorry for the delay in commenting. This was such a sweet story! Count me in with the others in hoping she recognizes Clark in a sequel. smile Also, so glad the generator has been useful! ^_^

I've read that the "Need to wait X hours before reporting a person missing" is a myth, since a lot can happen to a person in as little as an hour; even a full-grown adult can receive a "wellness check" if you're worried about them. But alas, I can easily see people dismissing a teenage girl, even when it's their literal job to help her. frown Glad Lucy was okay! ^_^

~•~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Sorry for the delay in commenting. This was such a sweet story! Count me in with the others in hoping she recognizes Clark in a sequel. smile Also, so glad the generator has been useful! ^_^

Thank you!! I'll definitely be thinking about a sequel, since so many here think that might be a good idea!!

I think this is the second or third time I've used your title generator! It's fun. We should do a title generator challenge where we pick a title from the generator and then have everyone write short stories from the same title -- it would be interesting to see how different they all turn out smile

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I've read that the "Need to wait X hours before reporting a person missing" is a myth, since a lot can happen to a person in as little as an hour; even a full-grown adult can receive a "wellness check" if you're worried about them. But alas, I can easily see people dismissing a teenage girl, even when it's their literal job to help her. frown Glad Lucy was okay! ^_^

Yeah, I agree that is definitely the case now. I did try to find out what the protocol would have been back in the mid-to-late '80s... But I couldn't really find the information I wanted, and so I figured if nothing else, the detective himself was just dismissive and had his own biases.

Clark...might have given Lucy's ankle a sneaky little ice/heat treatment to boost healing wink

Thanks for reading!!! smile

-Bek

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay this ending was amazing!! He found her and took her home!! Love it!! Little Lucy is so adorable! Great job, Bek!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard