Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Leave comments here!

Last edited by lovetvfan; 04/07/23 10:09 PM.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Gahhhh! Those last lines!!! And yay for giving Cat a happy ending!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
With that, she turned and left. And what felt like mere seconds later, Clark walked through the door looking slightly rattled. He sat down and reached for a menu, giving her the oddest look in the process. For some reason she felt like she was suddenly raw and exposed — as if Clark knew exactly what she’d been thinking.

“So?” Lois said after a moment’s silence. “Did you finish your taxes? Are you ready to get serious?”

“Yeah,” he murmured softly, causing her entire body to shiver at the timbre in his voice. “I’m ready.”

Ahhh! PERFECT LINES!! clapclapclapclapclap

AND YES, NEEDS A SEQUEL! (sorry all caps, my volume is broken today)

I also love that you gave Cat a happy ending/direction, and that she was there to sort of "direct" Lois! clap

-Bek
hyper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Eee! Love it! And I just know that Cat knows the secret. She totally knows, right? And yes: sequel! smile1

~•~
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Great little fic ^_^
Cat is certainly interesting. Part of me wants to like her and sees her potential, but the other part of me is like . . . she's Cat.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Feedback is hard. But I honestly like Cat, especially when she's just so perceptive. Unfortunately there's very few stories with her written that way. I totally think Tracy Scoggins could have been so much more if the writers had let her be. So glad there's fanfic to fix that too, lol.

And wow, I feel like Clark heard their conversation. Looking forward to the sequel!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Clark could not help but hear that conversation. In the sequel it will be interesting to know how Ms. Grant got CatCo started. Who provided the seed money? Where was the office located. That sort of thing would give her gravitas and a touch of panache. One thing is certain, she had to say good-bye to furs and frivolous clothing. All that takes money which would be taken up in getting her publishing venture off the ground.

In the series, we were given one brief glimpse of Catherine Grant's apartment and that provided clues into her personality. True, she was a gossip and a party girl, but the art work suggested hidden depths, which sadly the writers did not delve into. Pity.

Good story! Looking forward to the sequel. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Gahhhh! Those last lines!!! And yay for giving Cat a happy ending!

Sara smile

YAY! Thanks for helping me!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by SuperBek
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
With that, she turned and left. And what felt like mere seconds later, Clark walked through the door looking slightly rattled. He sat down and reached for a menu, giving her the oddest look in the process. For some reason she felt like she was suddenly raw and exposed — as if Clark knew exactly what she’d been thinking.

“So?” Lois said after a moment’s silence. “Did you finish your taxes? Are you ready to get serious?”

“Yeah,” he murmured softly, causing her entire body to shiver at the timbre in his voice. “I’m ready.”

Ahhh! PERFECT LINES!! clapclapclapclapclap

AND YES, NEEDS A SEQUEL! (sorry all caps, my volume is broken today)

I also love that you gave Cat a happy ending/direction, and that she was there to sort of "direct" Lois! clap

-Bek
hyper

Heh. There is a sequel coming for sure. Two sequels now that I think of it. I think this needs to be tryptich from Lois, Clark and then Cat's perspective. I have always thought Cat had SO much potential and it pretty much got ignored, so I was hoping to have some fun with this...

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Eee! Love it! And I just know that Cat knows the secret. She totally knows, right? And yes: sequel! smile1

Ha ha! Thank you! And yeah there is a sequel and maybe even a third coming...does Cat know? Guess we'll find out wink

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Great little fic ^_^
Cat is certainly interesting. Part of me wants to like her and sees her potential, but the other part of me is like . . . she's Cat.

I REALLY liked her character and I wanted to see them flesh her out. There are so many moments where she could have been more than the sum of her parts so to speak so I was always sad to see her go. Thanks!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Feedback is hard. But I honestly like Cat, especially when she's just so perceptive. Unfortunately there's very few stories with her written that way. I totally think Tracy Scoggins could have been so much more if the writers had let her be. So glad there's fanfic to fix that too, lol.

And wow, I feel like Clark heard their conversation. Looking forward to the sequel!

Thanks! I agree that Cat had SO much potential and sadly it wasn't realised. I LOVE Tracy Scoggins. I think she is fantastic. I wish they had given her more to do. One of my favourite scenes is in the Trask episode when she has Clark in her apartment and she puts on a sweater supposedly as a trick to seduce him, but then we see all these books that are really surprising on her shelf and her art and all sorts of facets of her personality and I wonder how much of it was a trick?

Thanks for reading it!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Morgana
Yeah, Clark could not help but hear that conversation. In the sequel it will be interesting to know how Ms. Grant got CatCo started. Who provided the seed money? Where was the office located. That sort of thing would give her gravitas and a touch of panache. One thing is certain, she had to say good-bye to furs and frivolous clothing. All that takes money which would be taken up in getting her publishing venture off the ground.

In the series, we were given one brief glimpse of Catherine Grant's apartment and that provided clues into her personality. True, she was a gossip and a party girl, but the art work suggested hidden depths, which sadly the writers did not delve into. Pity.

Good story! Looking forward to the sequel. dance

Thanks! I hadn't planned to delve too much into Cat and CatCo but I might now that I am planning a third story for this lol. And I agree that the writers didn't do nearly enough with her. I definitely don't think that the clothing she wore to work was the only clothing she ever wore. We saw that in the episode where we see her apartment. I think that she had hidden depths that she worked hard to keep hidden and in that way she and Lois were very much alike. Thanks again!

-Angel
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi lovetvfan!
absolutely not thinking about her partner.
Uh huh…

I can tell you what I’m not doing. I’m not thinking about Clark!
/Studies giant pink elephant in the diner/

Now, Lois realised if she played her cards right, she had the chance to find out the truth. With that in mind, she invited Cat to join her.
laugh

but I’m hoping if all goes well, I’ll be able to really get CatCo off the ground.”
Ooooh …

“Speaking of the Planet, where’s your partner…Mr. Tall-dark-and-totally-hot-for-you?”
Oops, bull’s eye!

Did she mean Clark? Surely she couldn’t mean Clark. She and Clark were just friends. Best friends. And just because she’d started to realise she had serious feelings for him didn’t mean he shared them.
Yep.

Well, that or he needed his eyes checked.”
He could also be into people of the male persuasion.

“Sorry. Still working on tact.
laugh

“So?” Lois said after a moment’s silence. “Did you finish your taxes? Are you ready to get serious?” “Yeah,” he murmured softly, causing her entire body to shiver at the timbre in his voice. “I’m ready.”
Ooooh, nice segue. And apparently Clark figured out how much tax savings there is when he can tick the box for “married”.

Looking forward to see what you develop in this trilogy!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi lovetvfan!
absolutely not thinking about her partner.
Uh huh…

/Studies giant pink elephant in the diner/

Now, Lois realised if she played her cards right, she had the chance to find out the truth. With that in mind, she invited Cat to join her.
laugh

but I’m hoping if all goes well, I’ll be able to really get CatCo off the ground.”
Ooooh …

“Speaking of the Planet, where’s your partner…Mr. Tall-dark-and-totally-hot-for-you?”
Oops, bull’s eye!

Did she mean Clark? Surely she couldn’t mean Clark. She and Clark were just friends. Best friends. And just because she’d started to realise she had serious feelings for him didn’t mean he shared them.
Yep.

Well, that or he needed his eyes checked.”
He could also be into people of the male persuasion.

“Sorry. Still working on tact.
laugh

“So?” Lois said after a moment’s silence. “Did you finish your taxes? Are you ready to get serious?” “Yeah,” he murmured softly, causing her entire body to shiver at the timbre in his voice. “I’m ready.”
Ooooh, nice segue. And apparently Clark figured out how much tax savings there is when he can tick the box for “married”.

Looking forward to see what you develop in this trilogy!

wave Michael

Ha ha! ticking the box for married lol. Yeah he does have a tendency to jump the gun with proposals! Thanks!

-Angel
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
“Lois Lane, what on Earth are you doing down here?”

Hah, love this! xD

Great ficlet! I love how you write Cat! She's perfect!

Will be catching up with the rest of the series real soon! smile1

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard