A
AmandaK Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Story
Series TOC

This one was so much fun to write. I hope you enjoyed it.

AmandaK #299515 03/22/24 11:15 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
So sweet :3
So glad Lois was able to convince her family to head down for a surprise visit laugh

Considering the state of the world I am desperate for happy lighthearted fics like this.

Thanks for sharing!

AmandaK #299516 03/22/24 12:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh I love this fic so much and this series so much! I'm so flattered that my little ficlet was able to inspire this masterwork of a series! hyper Lois and Clark are so cute together here, and the descriptions are excellent and make me feel like I can see the place. Please write more of these! I still want to find out if the Kents are ever brought into the loop, and what else changes in this timeline, and if they ever find Wells, and what happens to the Honeymoon Curse. smile

~•~
AmandaK #299521 03/23/24 09:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Amanda!
Reading the title, I flashed to Virginia’s Fireworks on the archive where a teenage Lois meets teenage Clark in Disney Land. Okay, back to this fic blush
Kerth Challenge #6: It’s Lois and Clark’s first __________ as a married couple. What would they do?
/heads over to other side of the boards/

Thanksgiving
Jenn did that over yonder.

Arbor Day
Another one by Jenn over yonder.

New Years,
Carrie Rene’s New Year’s series from last year comes to mind.

Christmas
Too many to count?

4th of July
They watch a movie about aliens visiting Earth?

Another tough one here. Technically, they are married at the start of this series.
That’s true. You’re in a bind now. evil

It’s Lois and Clark’s first __________ as a married couple.
Oooh, “first child” laugh or first fight! First kidnapping! First Kerth!

Red, white, and blue bunting hung from the awnings, porch rails, and window sills of every building in Smallville.
Is it the celebration of the Great Smallville Gold Heist from 1866?

“It’s… quaint.” Ellen Lane commented as she strolled down Main Street with her family.

‘It’s even quainter in the seventies than it was in the nineties,” eleven-year-old Lois thought to herself.
Ooooh, first meeting as a married couple!

Then she put on her brightest smile and ran ahead a few steps before walking backwards in front of her parents and sister.
laugh Why am I flashing to Alia and her struggle to act like a regular child instead of a preborn?

“The quintessential American hometown and we get to be a part of their celebration!”
Oh dear, did Lois get into Ellen’s cooking sherry again?

Six-year-old Lucy just pouted. “I wanted to see where the President lives.”
rotflol Adorable!

We would have had to ride the subway with a hundred sweaty people all smooshed together.”

“Eew!” Lucy made a face and Lois grinned triumphantly.
evil

“Hey, Dad? I’m not that hungry yet. Can I go look at the booths over there?”
Is she trying to find that cross dressing burger cook?

Frowning, she started to wonder if she would even recognize him when she saw him.
He will be the only twelve-year-old in a blue baby jumper and red diapers.

“Ugh! Where is he?” she muttered to herself as she spun around for another look. She spied the grill.
Does he know she’s coming? Also, she found the cross dresser!

Lois bit her lip, wondering where she could place herself to lurk until his son showed up.
At the grill, drooling like a normal kid.

he was adorable!
Awww, she’s not thinking of mothering him, is she?

The adult part of her brain wanted to coo over him like she might have over his old photo albums.
See? devil

But the child in her was blushing furiously in embarrassment over thinking a boy was cute.
evil

There was something… familiar about her. He couldn’t quite place it though. Something about her eyes… he knew those eyes…
Maybe he’d recognize her sooner if she was trapped in a tree or something?

He felt his mouth drop open and vaguely wondered if his own eyes were as wide as dinner plates. “Lois?!”
No, Lana. Of course it’s Lois.

“A fake brochure and a lot of playing up the charms of small-town living.”
laugh

“Can’t I stay with the Kents? Just until after the show. Then I’ll come straight back.”
But… but… but what if she gets snatched?

. “Won’t we get in trouble for breaking and entering?”
Oh no, how did Lex already pull a frog and switch?

“You know, Clark – this is the first holiday we’ve been able to spend together since we got married.”
This is so weird!

Nothing. It’s fine. It’s just… it’s kind of weird to think about being married when I’m twelve.”
See? Then again, only three or four hundred years earlier, it would have been a completely normal age to get married.

“That is, we never got to go on our honeymoon, so we didn’t… you know…”
Try out the merchandise?

Except that was when he was a grown-up and now, he was twelve and somehow that made a huge difference.
Yeah, they’re cutely awkward.

“I love you and, as far as I’m concerned, you are – and will always be – my wife.”
Awww… just like in Dune, the concubine is called ‘wife’ by all those to whom it matters.

“Yeah, but she’d still make sure my dad sat me down to give me the talk.”
JONATHAN: Now, Son, remember that while Zara has been your wife since birth…

Lois giggled. “Just a bit. But you are from Smallville. I figure some of that corn got into your brain.”
laugh

“Clark.” Lois beamed at him. “Today was perfect.”
Beautiful little gem!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
AmandaK #299523 03/23/24 01:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Each Friday is a happy surprise with your Try Not to Change Anything series.

Lois rolled her eyes. “Lucy, D.C. is going to be so crowded today. We would have had to ride the subway with a hundred sweaty people all smooshed together.”

How on Earth did the Lanes end up in Smallville? Did they not want to go the Washington, DC? Totally enjoyed your description of Smallville, it was quaint and very relaxing to read.

Lois drew in a breath. It was him! He was really here. Holy cow! He looked so young. Of course, so did she and she knew he would be but actually seeing him for the first time… he was adorable! Lois suddenly found her mind caught in that awkward place between being eleven and being twenty-nine simultaneously. The adult part of her brain wanted to coo over him like she might have over his old photo albums. But the child in her was blushing furiously in embarrassment over thinking a boy was cute.

Excellent way to show the two halves of Lois' existence!

Really enjoyed how you continued to depict the day with games, races and Lana set firmly in the background. Pete and his friends borrowing a truck allowed young Lois and Clark to sneak off to watch the fireworks from the privacy of the Ross Feed store. I could not help but think it was the grown up Lois who pointed out how foolish it was to place the key under a stone! During the quiet of that time in the loft they talked about being 'married', but just when they were alone. No doubt the situation is very tricky to navigate, but despite all that, it is a very romantic time for them. Truly looking forward to the next installment of the series!

Where, oh where is H.G. Wells? huh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
AmandaK #299525 03/24/24 02:37 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is such a lovely story. Poor Lois and poor Clark, making the best of their situation. Thanks so much with coming up with another story each Friday.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard