This is the one Lois & Clark story that I know has to be out there but I've never seen it. No profit is intended. Honors and Recognition to the House of BlueOwl for inspiration and lines from the story Lois...

Things were going well. Finally. Despite painful beginnings, his relationship with Lois had progressed to THAT point. They were both riding high after their front-page story of malfeasance and embezzlement in the Metropolis Water and Sewer department. After a wonderful dinner out, Clark directed their walk to Centennial Park.

After their stroll, Lois was sitting on the edge of the fountain. Clark got down on one knee in front of her, gulped and began. “I love you, Lois, and–”

He was interrupted by a flash of lightning and a crack of thunder as the heavens opened and they were instantly drenched.

“Oh, come on, give me a break!” he called up, torn between exasperation and amusement, because really, what else should he have expected?

“Do you want to go back?” Lois asked with a smile.

“If the earth opened up at my feet, I wouldn’t move till I’d finished saying this,” he said, taking her hand with both of his.

There was a cracking sound and the sidewalk collapsed beneath him into the storm drain below.

Lois looked down into the ten foot deep hole. Then she looked at Clark--hanging over nothing.

The earth had opened at his feet. He hadn’t moved.

Last edited by Shallowford; 03/20/24 12:45 PM.

Shallowford