Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hi, it's Allison. Some of you have never heard of me: I've been away from the fandom and the mb's for several years, but I started back reading fanfiction again a while ago, looking up some old favorites:

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
Rubber Duckie
Don't Tug on Superman's Heart/Friends
Smallville Valentine
Something Completely Different
AKA Clark Kent
Lives Unfinished
The Lady Vanishes
Exhaustedly Happy
An A for Effort

to name just a few. Those last two are 25 years old, and still two of my *favorites*, they are so sweet and *funny*!! (very much-in-love and eager newly-wed Clark exhausts Lois hee hee hee!!) But there are a few more that I can remember the plot, and even lines of dialogue, but not the title. These might be gfic, or nfic, I'm not sure. The pieces might even be the same story. Also, some were published very recently, I just lost track of them:

--published very recently, plot from "Sex, Lies, & Videotape", but L & C have to go through a charade that Lois is actually guilty of cheating, and Clark has to act betrayed, they have to "split up". But the whole thing is a ploy, and Martha and Jonathan are involved.

--a short one from years ago, where Clark dies on New Krypton; Lois goes to the farm to grieve, and jumps off the barn, but his "spirit" saves her.

--pretty sure this was an nfic: Thanksgiving, Lois' parents come, almost ruin dinner with their arguing, Ellen's criticism; Lois runs upstairs in tears, Clark actually loses his temper, tells off her parents, goes upstairs to comfort her, and then....

--3rd se, engagement: an extremely upset Lois flees to the farm, into Martha's arms, who asks the hysterical Lois if there's a chance she's pregnant, puts her to bed. Clark shows up not long after, Martha finds him at her bedside, orders him downstairs, "so then the Man of Steel did as his mom told him to" (loved that line)
--might have been part of the above story: Clark and Jonathan are talking, Clark's wondering why his mom is so protective of Lois; Jonathan tells Clark that in marrying Lois, he's giving his mother the one thing Jonathan never could--a daughter.

--from "Madame Ex": only thing I remember from this one was Superman finding Lois knocked out on the couch, and thinking to himself, "was she dead? He'd only just found her, would he now lose her?" ??

have no idea about this one:

--at the farm, they have a fight? she storms out, runs into a patch of trees? or the orchard? to (pointlessly) get away from him. He chases after her, every time she turns around she slams (literally) into his chest.. ??

Thanks for your help! I'm loving reading again, and watching L&C YouTube videos (there's a rabbit hole!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back Alison!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blogger
Blogger
I remember most of your favourites but the other plot lines you have outlined do not sound familiar but I would love to read them too if someone can locate them!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Welcome back, Allison!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome back, Allison!

If you check my signature, there's a link to Discord, where we also have living search indexes residing. They might be able to help. I'm amazed at what our Folic come up with!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
Blogger
Hello Allison.

A story called Sanctuary by B.B. Medos (Nfic)

An engaged, very upset Lois goes to Smallville. Martha does find him at her bedside when he was supposed to give her time.
Jonathan tells Clark he has given Martha what she always wanted, a daughter.
Lois runs into the trees, knowing she can’t run away from Superman, and runs into Clark.

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Allison!

Welcome back!

I'm notoriously bad at remembering titles and authors, so although I DO recognize several of those fics by your descriptions, I don't remember the titles. 😥

However, I'm sure someone will be able to help with some of them!

Glad to have you back!

-Bek

[Note: I've moved this thread from the main Fanfic forum to the Fanfic Related forum 😁]

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard