Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Hey, FoLCs!! wave

It's March now, and you know what that means, fam - Kerth nomination season is here! hyper

It’s time to officially open the nomination for this year’s Kerth Awards!! Below, find the reader's digest version of the nomination season, with all the pertinent details you'll need. We'll link below to places you can find all the details you could ask for!

WHEN: Nomination period runs from Sunday, March 3rd 0:00 UTC to Sunday, March 17th 23:59 UTC.

WHERE: Here is the 2024 Official Nomination Form.

Handy links:
Here is the official kickoff post, which includes all the 2024 categories along with their descriptions: Official Kickoff Post (Committee, Schedule, Categories)

Here are ALL the eligible stories: Eligible Stories List

Here is ALL the eligible fanart: Eligible Fanart List

TOC for all Kerth posts for 2024

Important Rules/Guidelines:
  • Be sure to include the title of the fic and the author, as titles can be the same or similar. We recommend just copying and pasting it from the eligibles list to save yourself time and effort (and to avoid typos).
  • You do NOT need to fill out every category to submit a ballot, but you should try and be sure that your ballot is complete for all the categories you do want to nominate in before submitting your form.
  • This is an open submission form, meaning that you write in the box rather than choose from a list. We recommend trying to nominate no more than 5 stories per category.
  • Please remember that nominating and voting can only be done by FoLCs. Family, friends, and work colleagues cannot nominate or vote.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a new or old FoLC or somewhere in between, WE NEED YOUR PARTICIPATION!! smile1

Now, we know you might have some questions like...
β€œHow do I know what fits in what category?”
β€œI’m overwhelmed! Where do I start?”
β€œI’m new here and…I’m lost. Please help!”
If you have any questions at all, head on over to the Kerth FAQ!

We have two weeks for nominations, so MAKE THEM COUNT and read as much as you can! clap

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

In order to help you find all things Kerth for this year, we’ve created a TOC for all the πŸ†TOC Kerth Award PostsπŸ†.

The Kerth Committee
(KSaraSara, Darth Michael, lovetvfan, and JadedEvie)

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I have a question regarding nominations for the Best Original Fanart category. The podcast as a whole is the piece of fanart eligible rather than the individual episodes. Is that the same for the other artists. For example, Carrie Rene created 16 individual award winner banners for the 2023 Kerths. Are you supposed to nominate just a specific banner or do you nominate Kerth Winner Banners as a whole. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Songbird!

The docs say, each link is a single submission unless otherwise specified in the Eligible Fanart post.

I had the same problem and yeah, the Kerth Posters got nominated as a single piece by me.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks Michael! I apologize but I’m still a little confused. I never used to get confused this easily but I guess that’s what happens when you get old. Anyway, for an example, would a correct vote be Kerth Winner Banners by Carrie Rene? Thank you for your help. It’s appreciated.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Songbird,

Yeah that's it exactly smile1

And I realized that winner banners and nomination banners where separate. blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks, Michael! I appreciate your help.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I have a secret.

shock

I haven't read all of last year's fics posted to the boards.

jawdrop

BUT I did read some! And I loved some. And I'm going to NOMINATE some of those this weekend. Because Kerth nominations close this SUNDAY, March 17th.

Even if you haven't read them all, even if you're a lurker, even if your one true pairing is Lois & LEX, nominate the work you love!

To submit your nominations (however many or few you have!), head over to the 2024 Official Nomination Form.

See you at the Kerth's! wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What about Clark and Clois and favorite pair? What about that elusive Lois and Clois pairing? Ooooh, is it already getting close to the begin of April?

wave Michael

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eek! Going to get nominations done by Friday. Promise! Between weddings, knitting and now getting our carpets replaced, my head is spinning! Who said retirement was leisurely? Urgh!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
1 member likes this: scifiJoan
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't open Folc4evernaday's banners. I get an error page. Is the link correct?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I can't open Folc4evernaday's banners. I get an error page. Is the link correct?

Andreia

Thank you so much for pointing this out!! We had switched the links to her Tumblr site...but I guess those weren't working. I've updated them now in the eligibles post! They link to the individual Tumblr post, and you can click on the image to view it larger! laugh Here they are just for convenience:

Folc4evernaday
WP Season 1 Banner
WP Season 2 Banner

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

1 member likes this: Ultra Woman
J
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I finally submitted my Kerth nominations! Phew!

I didn't have time to read every story this year. I didn't nominate a full 5 in every category. huh

But I did nominate the ones that make me laugh. I did nominate the ones that let me be sad when I felt sad. I did nominate the ones that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Because all those authors deserved a little love for giving me stories that mattered to me. notworthy

Kerth Nominations close in TWO DAYS -- Sunday, March 17th 23:59 UTC.

Submit yours here: https://www.kerthawards.com/ka/2024-kerth-awards/2024-nominating-stories/

And keep an eye out for the Voting Period to open up on March 31! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Voted!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
1 member likes this: Darth Michael
J
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN to the Kerth nominations! hyper

Last call to submit -- get those favorite noms in by tomorrow, Sunday, March 17th 23:59 UTC.

If there's a story you just loved, and you want the author to know it, this is final opportunity to help let them know!

Here are all the handy links below!

The Short List of your nominees will be released March 31!
Get ready to vote! dance

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I haven't been around for a while, but I did send in my nominations.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
1 member likes this: JadedEvie
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lady Loisette, thank you so much for your contribution to the noms!
wave Michael

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard