Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#298947 01/25/24 10:25 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
The long overdue conclusion to Lois and Clark's adventure with Lori the mermaid!

"I hope this little incident hasn't put you off of flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel."
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
SO happy to see the conclusion to this one!

He hoped to channel some of her steely nerves when it was time to face the Council.
It's so sweet to see him really leaning on her. I always love when we see that Superman really needs others.

Down here, he was practically helpless. He was hundreds of feet underwater, surrounded by people he couldn’t understand and in a cave he couldn’t navigate
Such an interesting set-up! It really makes me respect deep water a lot more, too, lol.

He chuckled. “Uh… I once lifted a space shuttle into orbit, if that answers your questions.”
I love that this is the gold standard for Superman's abilities - love using the debut here!

The slight tightness that he’d felt in his chest earlier had begun to feel like a low, but consistent burn. He was running out of time down here.
I love the way this bumps up the tension!

“I’ll see you up there, Clark.”
Oh, very sad that she'll be cut off from her home if she goes back up!

He’d only taken a few steps out of the alley, before Lois slammed into him, rooting him in place with a tight hug.
Trust Lois to find him second after his arrival back! Especially after that dinner/car alarm stunt he pulled!

“You’re the worst,” she grumbled, into his jacket.
“I love you, too, Lois.”
rotflol

“Just like that, huh?” she replied, still understandably skeptical.
Ope... Lying to Lois - he's really taking his life in his hands here!

He chose not to look too closely. If she wanted to find him, she knew how.
This is such a bittersweet ending!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for finally posting that last chapter. Great to see this through to a victorious end. Thanks for sharing.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely a different kind of story for Lois and Clark. Lori was brave, yet sad. Perhaps one day you can re-visit this world and let us know what happened to her?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, this was kind of sad. Excellent visuals though; I could see everything and everyone!

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard