Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Folcs! wave

Many moons ago, I posted an interactive fiction/text adventure called Martha's Big Date, about AltClark's teenaged daughter. It has recently been updated and reuploaded, and can be found here:
Marthas Big Date at IFDB

The new download links are for the new version, though I believe the older one can be played online. The quickest way to tell which version you're looking at is to try the SING command; it only exists in the new one.

If you're familiar with the older one, there's some new content now; the puzzles are slightly different, and the code itself is a bit cleaner.

If you're brand new to IF and have no idea what I'm babbling about, basically it's a story thay you participate in by telling the protagonist what to do. You do this by typing simple, 1 or 2 word commands such as "Look", "Take Key", "Go South", "Ask Orc About Life Insurance", etc. Give it a try, and tell me what you think!

FDK can go here. smile

~•~
Blogger
Blogger
I'm stuck in the laundry room, trying to figure out how to rinse of the dress. 🤣

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Same here. This is really awesome, but how the heck do you get rid of the stain? Mom isn't all that helpful, either. Water doesn't work.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blogger
Blogger
Okay, it took me a while but...

I had to go to the downstairs bathroom sink to rinse it. I incorrectly assumed there was a sink somewhere in the laundry...

Now I'm trying to get my hair pick back...

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Tried like any variant I can think of. Did not work. I managed everything else.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bakasi, did you
>SHOW STAIN TO MOM?

There's also >HINT if you get super stuck smile

90s: Yeah, for some reason it never occurred to me that the laundry room should have a sink. They are in both bathrooms and the kitchen, though. How goes the hair pick hunt?

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 03/03/24 12:19 PM.

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
HINT: you can also play this online without downloading stuff via an online TADS 3 interpreter:

https://iplayif.com/

EDIT: now, if I can just figure out which file I need...

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 03/03/24 12:35 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just for fun:

>use x-ray vision
You see no x-ray vision here.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well of course you see no x-rays; they're invisible. *G*

Try "X-ray door" or "X-ray wall" instead. wink

~•~
1 member likes this: Darth Michael
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Showing Mom the stain at least helped in so far that I found out the right word that helps put the remover on the stain. But I can't wash it. Wash is wrong, clean is wrong, rinse is wrong. Do I have to go to a thesaurus and find the right synonym? Agh, this dress cleaning is more annoying than it would be in real life. I'm ready to call Troy and tell him there won't be a date.

Edit: used all synonyme the thesaurus came up with. There's no rinsing the garment. And the hints are not exactly helpful either. huh

Edit: Finally found the magic words

Okay, I'm through. It was fun. But it's a bit frustrating to o have to find the exact term that will make something happen. I must have tried about any term I could think of. It would be easier if the game was a bit more lenient when it comes to accepting synonyms.

Last edited by bakasi; 03/03/24 03:30 PM.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Showing Mom the stain at least helped in so far that I found out the right word that helps put the remover on the stain. But I can't wash it. Wash is wrong, clean is wrong, rinse is wrong. Do I have to go to a thesaurus and find the right synonym? Agh, this dress cleaning is more annoying than it would be in real life. I'm ready to call Troy and tell him there won't be a date.

Edit: used all synonyme the thesaurus came up with. There's no rinsing the garment. And the hints are not exactly helpful either. huh

Edit: Finally found the magic words

Okay, I'm through. It was fun. But it's a bit frustrating to o have to find the exact term that will make something happen. I must have tried about any term I could think of. It would be easier if the game was a bit more lenient when it comes to accepting synonyms.

Sorry about that. frown Which version were you playing? Because the new one is a lot more lenient than the original.

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I obviously played the older version. (Sing command doesn't work) But I don't see how I could play the newer one.

Blogger
Blogger
I got my hair pick back after getting stuck upstairs for about 45 moves.🤣

And I got the tv antenna working but I'm not dealing with the raccoon.

Looks like dad is finally finished scrubbing moms back... 😳

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by bakasi
I obviously played the older version. (Sing command doesn't work) But I don't see how I could play the newer one.
Aha, that explains a lot! Yeah, both of the download files are for the newer version, but I don't know how to update the PlayOnline link. I suspect it's handled by the site itself somehow.

Still, I'm glad you at least tried it out. I'll remember to keep players' word choices in mind for any future projects.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The t3 file doesn't know "sing"? I found alternative play online sites that accept the t3, even a ready made linkage is available. Just, as I said, no "song" command in the t3?

wave Michael

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
The t3 file doesn't know "sing"? I found alternative play online sites that accept the t3, even a ready made linkage is available. Just, as I said, no "song" command in the t3?

wave Michael

The downloadable T3 should. That ready-made link doesn't.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, that's weird :

https://iplayif.com/?story=https%3A%2F%2Fifarchive.org%2Fif-archive%2Fgames%2Ftads%2FMarthasBigDate.t3

Now it works. I did something wrong yesterday. Don't know what...

Anyway, there's your online play link now :wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard