AmandaK Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Story

Part of the Try Not to Change Anything Series

Leave a note!

Last edited by AmandaK; 03/01/24 09:28 AM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this was so sweet. I love how Clark takes care of Lois. So awesome he made it snow. Good thing he can fly now.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable! clap

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Amanda!
Senior year of High School. Clark has already started college and can fly in this one. I’m totally fudging some science in this story. I did a little bit of research but not enough to make this fully plausible and I’m pretty sure what I’ve written would actually take longer than what I went with but I hope you can suspend your disbelief and chalk it up to holiday magic. Enjoy!
I’m terribly sorry but I can only interpret this as Lois getting pregnant and superman figuring it out within a week or two of the happy event.

”You didn’t seriously forget to take your birth control?”
“Yep”
“You just forgot?”
“Yep”
“Does that mean you cod now be pregnant?”
“Quite probably.”
See? Works.

Lois leaned against the balcony railing and shrugged the coat tighter around her shoulders as she waited for Clark to answer the phone. It was bitter cold outside, but it was better than listening to her parents shouting loud enough to be heard through her bedroom door.
Wow, she kept them from getting a divorce and was thus able to have a reason to not move out during her senior year. Does that mean her father will now also be less likely to fall for the cyborg scheme?

Mom and Dad are better off in separate zip codes. And Lucy isn’t helping.”
Aaaahhhhh

“It really is.” There was a pause and then, “Just… give me a minute.”
Clark’s going to… spray snow seed particles in the air, like a snowflier does?

But now, surrounded by his warmth and his scent, with snowflakes falling all around them, she finally felt the Christmas spirit that always seemed to be missing without him.
Awww

Lifting her head, Lois stood on her toes to kiss him properly. A familiar warmth filled her belly as he deepened the kiss. For a moment, the world fell away, leaving only her and Clark and the snow in existence.
I’m just pointing out that they have teenage bodies filled to the brim with hormones and have been waiting to get to their wedding night for eight or so years now.

Clark just shrugged. “I shouldn’t stay long. She’ll come looking for you soon. But I brought you something.” He produced a small package from his pocket and Lois’s eyes lit up even brighter than before.

“Cookies!”
laugh

This was a sweet tale of their exploits. I am surprised they only see each other occasionally given Clark now knows how to fly. Couldn’t Lois be dating him steadily? Especially since she knows a bit of the stuff taught in senior year of high school. And unrelated, what a marvelous title!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cookies!

This is one of those whimsical stories where the science is not that important! So glad Clark could bring a smile to Lucy's face.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I just love the sweet moments you're exploring in this series! It's such an inventive way to see these years without being in an AU.

“You always call on Christmas Eve.”
It's sweet that they've been able to develop traditions!

“I’d rather you come and fly me back to Smallville with you.”
Oh, yay! We can fly again!

There was a pause and then, “Just… give me a minute.”
It's SO Clark that instead of recommending patience and walking Lois through ways to talk to Lucy, he decides to MAKE IT SNOW, to keep the magic alive! lol

As she watched, a single, tiny snowflake floated down out of the sky and came to rest on her nose.
So picturesque!

...she finally felt the Christmas spirit that always seemed to be missing without him.
This is such a sweet way to track through her general dislike of Christmas.

“I’ve missed you,” Clark whispered as he placed a kiss top of her head.
Awww.

“Cookies!”
He IS perfect! This is such a great ending!

I just love the whole premise of this series! It's so interesting to see how they've dropped back into their lives. I need to catch up on it!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard