Hi FoLCs!

Welcome to the 2024 Kerth Quiz: NFic Story love

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY!: All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best NFic Story but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination.
(Instructions are blatantly copied/linked from previous Kerth Quizzes.)

RECOMMENDATIONS: Don't forget that recommendations for other eligible stories in this category are *very* welcome and encouraged! So don't forget to add these in a section after your guesses!

QUIZ RULES: One point each for getting the story and author from the quote. Plus, shiny gold stars for those who recognize their own stories. Please don't forget to mention which number you're answering. Rule recap: Open hard drive and open boards (+AO3!), *don't* forget to snip out the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler tag when you post in the replies thread.
(Yay for spoiler tags!)

CATEGORY: Was it steamy? Sensual? Romantic? Hot? Sweet? Sexy? All of the above? If you had to vote for a story based on just the nfic content alone, which one do you think is the best?

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday, February 17, 2024, by 11:59 p.m (Eastern Time Zone).

Here’s the full list of Eligible Stories.

Here are the full quiz instructions: Countdown to Kerth Quizzes Extended Instructions and Disclaimers.

Please post your answers HERE.

Good luck!
Evie
hyper hyper hyper

🔥 These excerpts are from NFics, so they’ll get a little spicy! 🔥

love EXCERPT #1:
They shed their clothing quickly, landing on the bed in a tangle of arms and legs, giggling as they began to explore each other’s bodies.
—
3 minutes and 12 seconds later
–
They lay on their king-sized bed and stared at the ceiling, the crisp white bedsheets covering their modesty.

“Well, that was….” Lois began, unsure how to continue.

love EXCERPT #2: (Note from Sara... edited to make it more PG-13... 🫣🔥 so please note that some words have changed if you're doing open book)
“I don’t...” She pulled away from him and stepped back slightly. Her entire body seemed to heave with the effort to catch her breath. In her eyes, he saw a combination of desire and defiance. “I don’t know how I feel! You’re confusing me! I...this doesn’t change what we’re...I mean you can’t just kiss me like that and expect—”

“Expect? No. Need...” He ran a hand through his hair, feeling frustration tear through his body. He’d never felt this desperate. “I need you...I need... It’s been four days since we last—”

“So, that’s why you’re here?” she countered, and though her tone was accusing, he could tell just how much she wanted him. “You just want to—”

“You want it, too,” he interrupted, his voice low and urgent. His jeans were uncomfortably tight, and he grit his teeth at the sensation. “I know you do.”

love EXCERPT #3:
Every second he had spent over the evening cradling Lois Lane in his arms and making love to her made him forget everything. The peril that loomed over him. The close calls. The rescues that haunted him. The fear he wouldn’t dare admit to anyone.

Every caress.

Every touch.

He knew from the moment he had met her that he never wanted to part from her. She was the one for him. This was it. There would never be anyone else. He loved her. Every curve, moan, smile, frown, and sigh that was wrapped into Lois Lane. He loved everything about her and would continue to love everything that made her the woman he loved until the day he died.

He reached his hand up brushing a stray hair out of her face as he did so. Lois’ eyes fluttered open as she lazily stretched her arms over her head, sighing as her eyes met his with a brief smile crossing her lips. “Hey.”

“Hey,” his hand brushed against her cheek, cradling her face in his palm.

Her eyes fluttered open sleepily, reaching out for him. “You’re still here.”

love EXCERPT #4:
“CLARK, is there any hope for us? You and me? I’m so completely in love with you that I can’t do anything else without knowing.”

He immediately wrapped his arm around her, her arm still pressed against his chest, and pulled her into a deep, passionate kiss. If he’d thought their kiss earlier that evening had been electric, this one should have caused a power outage for the whole east coast.

love EXCERPT #5:
Without warning, Kal immediately pounced on Clark, rolling both of them on top of the sleeping pad and blankets laid out on the ground. Their lips met with an intensity Clark hadn’t felt before, and Kal’s weight on top of him sent a delicious shiver through his body.

“Mmm, Kal… Wha—”

“No talking. Wanted to do this to you all day. Just go with it,” Kal insisted, and he quickly pulled a heavy blanket up over them before his fingers got to work unzipping Clark’s coat.

Clark felt a chill hit him as Kal pushed the coat off his shoulders. However, a familiar warmth spread throughout his upper body as Kal sat up briefly and concentrated his very low-intensity heat vision. Clark closed his eyes to enjoy the feeling. Two strong hands then slid down his chest and under the hem of his shirt.

“Too much clothing,” Kal muttered, and Clark laughed as he pushed himself up into a sitting position and removed his shirt with one quick motion. “Mmm, better.”

Clark heard his own ragged breathing becoming more desperate as Kal’s hands touched his arms, shoulders, and chest and Kal’s lips traced a burning path down Clark’s neck to his collarbone.

“Ah, God, Kal,” he groaned, and he tugged Kal’s face back to his for more of the same deep, intense kisses.

love EXCERPT #6:
“Hey,” she said in that soft voice that was somehow shy and flirty at the same time.

“Hey.”

“Ah, you made some tea,” she said, gesturing to the mugs on the coffee table and sitting down next to him on the couch. “Thank you.”

He tipped his head in acknowledgement and then started to reach for the mugs for both of them.

“Clark, wait,” she blurted out, causing him to freeze mid-reach. “I don’t want tea.”

Straightening, he turned to look at her, and the way her eyes searched his face somewhat hungrily and the way her heart was racing in his ears made his throat go dry.

“What do you want?” he rasped.

“I want to kiss you. I don’t want tea; I want to kiss you.”

Clark wasn’t even sure who moved first—all he knew was the pure bliss and desire that coursed through him when their lips met. One hand moved to cup her cheek, needing to touch her skin and somehow draw her even closer. Apparently needing the same, Lois’s fingertips trailed fire everywhere she touched—his jaw, his cheek, the nape of his neck. It was heaven—this must be what heaven felt like, Lois in his arms kissing him as though she couldn’t get enough of him. And, God, he felt the same.

smile1Good luck, everyone!

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

In order to help you find all things Kerth for this year, we’ve created a TOC for all the 🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

The Kerth Committee
(KSaraSara, Darth Michael, lovetvfan, and JadedEvie)