OP Offline
Features Writer
The Cold Treehouse

It's a Bek Super Ultra Micro Very Tiny Short. grin

Hope y'all enjoy smile

-Bek

Columnist
Columnist
I could see him visiting that treehouse. Great ficlet! Super Ultra Micro Very Tiny Short, for sure! Wonderful!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It started shortly after I left for college, and I just needed to…get away. Midwestern University is in a much bigger city than Smallville, and I wasn’t used to all the noise.

My husband is from farm country in upstate New York. He said one of the biggest adjustments he had to make was dealing with the constant barrage of noise. Let's face it, how would you feel listening to the trash collection people coming in at 5:30am waking you from a dead sleep? Eventually he was able to put the 'racket in the background' and get on with life. But imagine Clark and super hearing? Ouch! help

But today…today I met someone, and in the moment we met, I knew…something was different about her. She was like sunshine. Warm, life-giving sunshine. And something about her made my heart stutter and race. Even now, I can barely keep myself grounded. I feel light, as though gravity doesn’t exist.

Oh, new love is the sweetest thing! Clark has found his true home and it is not in a treehouse in Kansas! Thanks so much for writing an excellent (short short) story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I could see him visiting that treehouse. Great ficlet! Super Ultra Micro Very Tiny Short, for sure! Wonderful!

I sorta wish we'd seen more of it in the show...!

Thanks for reading! 🥰

Originally Posted by Morgana
My husband is from farm country in upstate New York. He said one of the biggest adjustments he had to make was dealing with the constant barrage of noise. Let's face it, how would you feel listening to the trash collection people coming in at 5:30am waking you from a dead sleep? Eventually he was able to put the 'racket in the background' and get on with life. But imagine Clark and super hearing? Ouch! help

Right?? It must have been difficult for Clark to adjust to city life...

Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh, new love is the sweetest thing! Clark has found his true home and it is not in a treehouse in Kansas! Thanks so much for writing an excellent (short short) story!

🥰Thank you for reading!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!

Oh, look, just an A/N peep

The treehouse may be cold and drafty, but it’s always been a place of warmth and solace for Clark. And maybe this time, it’ll give him a bit of inspiration too.
It’s not that he’s finding a Lois in there, is it? Darn, who wrote the Ultra-Woman-in-the-Tree-House story a little while ago? Oh, right, one of Sara’s Kisses.

Midwestern University is in a much bigger city than Smallville, and I wasn’t used to all the noise.
Poor guy! Also, now I’m thinking they actually have *two* roads in that much bigger city. One going up and down through the town city and the other left to right.

The treehouse is good for that. It’s almost as though there’s some barrier up when I’m here, and the sounds I should hear are muted.
A wee bit of Kryptonite in the wood?

And there were more big cities and more noises and more… Everything was more.
/waits till he meets Cat/

I visited a lot then.
/points to previous remark and rotflol/

years struggling to be…careful. All. The. Time.
Poor guy sad

But today…today I met someone, and in the moment we met, I knew…something was different about her. She was like sunshine. Warm, life-giving sunshine.
Awww…he visited Japan and met Amaterasu!

So I’m…not sure what’s going to happen now.
/draws diagram/

I stand up and dust my hands off on my pants. Then I leap out into the early morning sky and fly north—a path that somehow already feels familiar and right. Like I’m going…home.

Aww… sweet little mood piece clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bek, this was beautiful!!! <3

~•~
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Totally here for a Bek Super Ultra Micro Very Tiny Short!

Midwestern University is in a much bigger city than Smallville, and I wasn’t used to all the noise.
Aw, poor Clark. This somber start makes me feel like he feels noise in many figurative ways.

I hope they can’t sense me out here, not too far from the farmhouse. Because tonight, I came here needing to think.
You know it's heavy when Clark doesn't want to go to Martha and Jonathan for advice.

But I’ll take any chance I can get if it means maybe getting to see her again.
This is such an excellent rev-up into the series. (And practically a mantra for season 1.)

...my heart’s ready, still, settled.
I love the language you've chosen here.

This was so lovely!

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I agree with CarrieRene--I could watch the scene rather than reading it. The story was short but it immediately put me in Clark's presence. Thanks!

Shallowford
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
😍😍😍😍😍😍

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard