This week's Ficlet Friday brings a random little accidental sequel to QueenOfTheCapes The Gift, and, with it, a new challenge. KSaraSara can post about that, since it was her idea. Enjoy!

"Clark, no! Don't let —" Lois called, but it was too late. The dog was already in bed with him.

"I'm sorry, honey," Clark said, unconvincingly, as the dog licked his entire face. "But I —" He stopped as the dog shifted to reach the other side of his head and, in the process, covered his nose and mouth with a furry chest. Clark's hand ruffled the side of the dog's belly.

"Clark, you can't keep letting him do this."

"I know, honey," he said, still unconvincingly. The dog was now lying on the pillow, curled against the top of his head. "But I just can't resist this."

Lois sighed and got into bed. Her face was promptly and repeatedly smacked with a tail. She tried futilely to defend herself.

Clark reached up and gently repositioned the dog.

The thumping tail was replaced by a wet snout nuzzling her face.

Clark looked at her with his soft brown eyes. "It's my weakness." The dog rolled over, now somehow draped across both their laps, head hanging sideways off the edge of the bed, tongue hanging out contentedly. "It's..."

Lois looked at him and idly rubbed the dog's belly. She wasn't going to win this one tonight. "I know, Clark. It's your Krypto night."

Last edited by KSaraSara; 02/22/24 06:25 PM. Reason: added challenge title and link to challenge

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.