Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
(Sara editing to add this stuffs...
Part of the Walk the Dog Challenge.
Series TOC: Walk the Dog Challenge Stories)

This was a lovely snippet. Clark definitely needs a dog. I wonder what happened here on New Krypton. Clark seemed a little confused. What will Lois say if he comes back with a dog? Did she get a cat, while he was gone?

Trouble ensues.

Last edited by KSaraSara; 02/22/24 06:32 PM. Reason: added challenge title and link to challenge

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
At least something good came from Clark's time on NK. smile

Thanks for sharing!

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This brought me SUCH joy when I read it! clap

It wasn't her fault that he knew less about himself now than when he'd first landed here.
Ugh, isn't this tragic. And it's so in line with that article on adopted children that he and Lois discussed - high expectations and then little info and disappointment.

"My wife," he said, hoping the word would penetrate the fog better than words like "girlfriend" or "fiance" had been able to. "And my parents. My family."
This is just really genius. You're packing so much baggage and nuance into a story that's really just a light piece about a puppy. So good!

"And I offer you a gift," she repeated.
I did NOT know where this was going. lol

Clark's jaw fell open. “Is that a dog?!”
jawdrop

His family belonged to yours.
OMG, this kills me.

With a happy “woof” and a tail that suddenly had a life of its own, the pup bounded up to Clark with a mission to cover his face in sloppy dog-kisses.
clap I'm dying over HOW CUTE THIS IS. KRYPTO IS A GOOD BOY!

“It is my hope that this token of the house of El will give you some of the connection to your family that my people and I failed to provide.”
Yeah, I think that'll do, Zara!! This is just genius.

Clark was sure he must have said something besides “who's a good boy”.
NOPE. This is the appropriate response.

The smile settled on Zara's features, and Clark wondered if she knew it was even there.
rotflol Because HOW do you resist Clark Kent with a PUPPY????

This whole story was a Gift! I loved this SO MUCH.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Krypto! Hey, this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned Clark's dog! Yay!

What a great story! But I'm confused. How could Clark not learn more about his birth parents?

Ficlet Friday lives!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is awesome! Now I want to see Krypto's debut, because he'd have to eventually help Superman when they get home! Just imagining the world's reaction to a super dog .... :3

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Yay! Krypto! Love how you brought him into the story. Now we just need Lois' reaction

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
A/N: Happy Ficlet Friday! Here is something small and unbeta’d.
Unbeta’d? This means it could contain stuff unsuitable for LnC?

The Gift

“Kal-El?”

Clark bit back the sigh as he turned back from the ship to face Zara.
He gonna get a baby?

. It wasn’t her fault that after months of being New Krypton’s leader,
Hey! Months? They did remember to pack the concubine, didn’t they?

Even now, he suspected she couldn’t fathom why he wanted to return to Earth.
They did not! They forgot his favorite concubine at home! [Linked Image]

“Lieutenant Ching—that is, *Lord* Ching—and I wish to give you something as a gesture of our thanks.”
Lord? /squints/ is Kal-El returning to Earth, having promised to finally take the job of Vicelord of Earth, to rule in Lord Ching’s stead over the Kryptonian province of Terra Solaris Lemonis?

”I know you are anxious to return to your…er…”
Concubine.

”My wife,” he said,
shock

hoping the word would penetrate the fog better than words like “girlfriend” or “fiance” had been able to.
rotflol

The door slid open and one of her attendants walked out, holding the end of a long strap. At the other end…”

Clark’s jaw fell open. “Is that a dog?!”
shock Krypto?

The corner of Zara’s mouth tugged upward, though she quickly rearranged her features back into the “stoic leader” formation.
Cute!

“The species are close enough that you could call it that.”
Is it the canine version of a Flerkin?

Unfortunately, before she could research the possibility in any meaningful depth, other concerns took precedence.”
Shopping! And the 26th season of Ladies of Krypton.

The attendant arrived, and the dog seemed to recognize Clark’s scent. With a happy “woof” and a tail that suddenly had a life of its own, the pup bounded up to Clark with a mission to cover his face in sloppy dog-kisses. At some point, they managed to navigate the leash’s handle past the wagging tail and into Clark's hand.
I suddenly get the feeling the doggy is about seven feet tall.

Clark was sure he must have said something besides “who’s a good boy”.
laugh

He looked back down at his new friend. “How about…Krypto?”
evil

“A fine name.” Zara dipped her head towards him. “Well then…Clark, Krypto…I bid you both a good journey. May the stars see you safely home.”

The End.
Awwww…

Cute like ficlet clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
AWWWWW!!!! Krypto!!!!! love

Blogger
Blogger
Would love to see more...I don't know much about Krypto.... can he fly?? Does he have Super doggie powers??

Lois: Clark, please can you train your dog to stop peeing on the ceiling???!

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh what a fun challenge.

Nice first entry. As per usual in your fics, you cover/imply a lot of backstory in so few sentences. That's awesome.

That's definitely a unique and special present for Clark to take home. And I can totally imagine L&C Clark with a dog. I mean, what's not to like? Lois (or Krypto) might get jealous of each other though...that culd be a problem :-)
Krypto might even get powers...I mean, the scientific part of my mind tells me that makes not much sene but then again, where would be the FUN? So, if/when he does, that should be...interesting indeed.
ALso, I just realized, if he's invulnerable, CLark will have someone he can cuddle as hard as he wants without breaking the dog...awww...
And, I also notices how ZAra changed from Kal-El to Clark in the end. Nice add.

Anyway, now going off to read the rest of KRypto's adventures so far. Good start!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard