Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Okay, readers, now it’s your chance to pitch us your favorite stories! What did you read this year that blew your socks off? Tell us the stories that made you laugh and made you cry. Was there a kiss that melted your heart? A revelation that shocked you? A story that kept you up all night reading or had you refreshing the boards frantically hoping for a new chapter? A story you’ve read over and over again already?

This discussion thread is the place to chime in with your recommendations or second someone else’s. Feel free to reply to comments in this thread and post as much as you want. We want to hear everything you loved this year!

Note: Please keep recommendations free of any major spoilers (and/or use the spoiler tag function)! We want to encourage those who haven’t read these stories yet to read them, not spoil the big moments for them!

Additional Note: While adding links would be awesome and ideal (and lead people straight to the fic you recommend), it’s not required!

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

In order to help you find all things Kerth for this year, we’ve created a TOC for all the πŸ†2024 Kerth Award PostsπŸ†.

The Kerth Committee
(KSaraSara, Darth Michael, lovetvfan, and JadedEvie)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
There are soooo many stories this year (and I'm just reminded how amazingly talented this fandom is...WOW! It's really difficult to narrow it down to just a few!

For me, it's all about emotional, connection with the characters (and yeah, I love allll the angst and hurt/comfort). So....

Bakasi's Matter of Trust is an excellent, angsty story that's got everything, really--plot, hurt/comfort, relationship... Just be ready for the gasps and OMGs and all that, because
POOR CLARK!!!! ACK!!!!
. whinging

If you're looking for heartfelt introspection and all the feels, the stories from KSaraSara's Martha series really hit. Love the little glimpses into the thoughts of one of my favorite supporting characters. πŸ’•

I also have to recommend Destined: Distractions by KSaraSara (if you've read Destined: Journey and at least through chapter 8 in Destined: Friends) because ... well, I loaned my characters to KSaraSara and she let them have a good time wink

Paper Cut by Blueowl is another good one! A take on Madame Ex that seems much more realistic than the way things worked in the episode!

Ahh hmmm, so many others...

Undercover Reporter by JadedEvie was SUCH a good first story -- incredible writing, and the journey she sent the characters on...GAHHH!

Okay, I could go on all day, really. But...RL is calling me, and there are just so many other stories. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's recs later!

Thanks for a wonderful year all!
-Bek

Blogger
Blogger
Okay, so I just rejoined the boards after being in Ao3 land, so I am bit behind on new fic but my favorite fic I have read in the past year was Federal Disaster by lovetvfan (I know it's a few years old, and not nominated but I did technically read it in the past year and LOVED IT). love

From this year's list...I really liked Could'a, Would'a, Should'a by Toomi8

Destined: Legacy by SuperBek

The Fade to Black fics

Ohh and the 110 kisses series by KSaraSara

Also, Delancie has some really cute family fics on a03

And I am just starting on the Investigate series by Blueowl (and it is amazing!)

Back to reading.... ❀️

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard