Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Chapter 3
TOC

Sorry this one took so long.
For those of you who guessed -
yes, Jor is Ching's son, although I did consider going the pod baby route or some other kind of artificial fertilization.
Ultimately, I decided this would provide us with a bit more drama to explore. There will be some more
flashback scenes coming up in chapter 4 which will cover more of the war. As you can probably tell in this chapter, I am not well versed in military strategy and so I will be leaving most of the war details rather vague and merely using them to advance the main plot of the story.

Last edited by AmandaK; 01/27/24 03:36 PM.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Finally! So, Jor is Ching's kid. I expected that. But good to have the confirmation. That certainly would cause all sorts of royal family drama. It must be hard for everyone involve,d this little "agreement" between the three. Really bittersweet for all of them. I very much notice, in the flashbacks, how much Clark, in the beginning, is still, well, Clark. Much different from who he seems to be at the end of his NEw Krypton era/the start of the story when it comes to dealing with other KRyptonians, the laws, and so forth. I think that makes a lot of ense. As time goes by, there would be less and less fight in him and resignation/acceptance (at least to an extent) of the status quo would b einevitable to survive the experience mentally.
It's also revealed that ultimately, the discovery of Jor's true genetics was the catalyst for all of them having to flee NK in some form. Wow, seems like the NK's didn't learn anything throughout this decade. I'm sur eClark tired...but there's only so much one can do if the whole system works against you and if such a "betrayal" move is then discovered that would certainly rob him of whatever credibility he had reached at that point. I also notice how at least in this flashback, Clark seems to be a lot more keen to still have a connection of some kind with little Jor-El which is in stark contrast to how it all turned out in the end - at least, that's my perception. I assume, it didn't work out quite as Clakr expected. I'll also assume, if the flashback here is any clue, that Clark was not around for most of Jor's life as he was busy on the war front and Zara (with some silent support form Ching) was responsible for raising Jor. Which would explain a lot of his more...Kryptonian-like mind. If Clark was not around a lot to be an influence, that all is a lot more plausible. And I'm sure that when he found out, he also felt kinda betrayed/disappointed/anry and all that - he just didn't have the mentla frames for that to properly deal with all that and had to rationalize it. It's alot to deal with for a nine-year-old.
Well anyway, lots to learn for Lois and the Kents there. An interesting chapter that we have here, definitely looking forward to this getting continued.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard