Story here
Sorry I went dark. laugh

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
1. YAY!!! Congrats on posting your first story to the boards!! I know you're on AO3, but we're so glad to have you here too!! (Especially since there are readers here who aren't on there!)

2. whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging

Sara whinging

P.S. That was amazingly written!!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
My heart is broken.

GAHHHHH. Noooooooooo.

whingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhinging

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This was greatly done!! Congrats on your first fic!!

Very, very interesting setup! I'm going to consider this the introduction to an AU where the Happily Ever After just happens a little bit later... wink

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dark? Not at all. Talk about fresh and different, there are a myriad of directions this can go in. Brava!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh boy! I am loving this. I'm so glad you decided to join us here. I wish there was more though!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Off to a wonderful start, because this really can't end here. Welcome to the boards. So great to have you here. (also, ack, Lois pregnant with Luthor's child? You sure she didn't get a nightly visit from an alien who didn't know what he was doing?)

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
ahh, I'll see if I can do the quotey thing. blush

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
2. whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging
Me too! IDK why... whinging

Originally Posted by SuperBek
My heart is broken.

GAHHHHH. Noooooooooo.

whingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhinging
I feel the same!! whinging

Originally Posted by Morgana
Dark? Not at all. Talk about fresh and different, there are a myriad of directions this can go in. Brava!
Thanks! Yeah, I've tried writing more...but idk.

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Oh boy! I am loving this. I'm so glad you decided to join us here. I wish there was more though!
Thanks! Maybe there will be more. But I doubt it. laugh I've tried writing more and plotted out a whole bunch of things I would include but I creeped myself out and ultimately couldn't figure out how to get rid of you-know-who (I'm not good at A-plotty stuff).

Originally Posted by bakasi
Off to a wonderful start, because this really can't end here. Welcome to the boards. So great to have you here. (also, ack, Lois pregnant with Luthor's child? You sure she didn't get a nightly visit from an alien who didn't know what he was doing?)

I know, gross. sick
Let's hope that's what happened. smile1

Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
This was greatly done!! Congrats on your first fic!!

Very, very interesting setup! I'm going to consider this the introduction to an AU where the Happily Ever After just happens a little bit later... wink
Yes! I love that idea! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by 90stvfangirl; 01/19/24 05:47 PM.
Blogger
Blogger
Oh wow, I definitely want to read more! When you said "dark" I thought someone would be dead, but this is a fabulous twist. It's scary, there are so many directions and unknowns, but that's also amazing! So well done, bravo!

“I should’ve known better than to order chinese food from a place called Ralph’s Pagoda.”
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi 90stvfangirl!
Ohh hi, this is my first attempt at posting a fic on here.
Welcome! So great to see you posting here, too smile1

“I just need you to show him the ropes.”

Lois scowled across the desk at her boss. “I feel like I’m being replaced.”
There was already that warning about a sad ending on Discord. So, I might be scared while reading peep

Is this the pilot? Or a grown-up Lois worrying about fresh blood?

and then I’ll ship him back to the, uh…” Perry shuffled around on his desk until he found the paper, a résumé, he was looking for. “Smallville Press,” he read.
Pilot. With a twist!

PERRY: The suits told me I had to make changes. The insurance premiums were through the roof. Lois hunting stories was no longer sustainable.

. “If he proves himself, maybe we could keep him on…”

Lois opened her mouth to protest.

“I said if, Lois.”
Very cute style clap

. He adjusted his glasses and fiddled with his tie nervously as Jimmy talked his ear off, Cat standing close by, preening and fanning herself.
Ohhhhh! Next GTA, you’ll join us in playing, right?

“Lois, you’re the best reporter I’ve got, you know that! But we both know that in another couple of weeks you’re going to have another priority.”

Lois patted her mid-section and scowled once again. “You sound like my husband.”
jawdrop thud who did they drag out of Smallville? Or is Clark too late and Lois is married to Lex?

Lois sighed wearily. “You still can’t accept him? Even now, that I’m…” She looked down at her huge belly. “Well…”
It does sound like Lex.

“You trust me, right? My judgment?” Lois tried not to sound hurt.
/points again at previously mentioned insurance premiums /

“He wants me to work at LNN, you know? I keep turning him down, but maybe…” Lois trailed off, absently rubbing at her swollen belly. “Maybe after I have the baby,” she finished quietly.
shock help

DANIEL: Working as a news anchor is much safer.

The new guy looked like a deer in headlights, backing up into the coffee machine, smiling politely as Cat advanced on him.
laugh

Perry stood, reaching out to touch her arm gently. “You will always have a place here, Lois. You know that.”
Yes, especially when she brings back the inside scoop.

Lois shook her head, pulling away from Perry. “What’s this guy’s name again? Kent?”

“Clark. Clark Kent.”

The end?
(sorry…)
Hey!

Also, No one died. party

We had other stories that started out like that. Except Lois wasn’t pregnant. Zoomway even wrote a fun one in the wee early days. You just need to get over the squick factor of 50 y/o Lex with a 25 y/o Lois.

Great debut clap now, about that sequel/continuation everyone is pestering you about…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Ohhhhh! Next GTA, you’ll join us in playing, right?

Okay, I spent ten minutes trying to figure out what GTA stands for...you want me to play Grand Theft Auto??? 🤣🤣
I am a gamer, so yeah, I'm down.😂
Oh wait....Guess The Author... um, maybe?👍

Also, No one died
Probably would be easier to fix...😭

We had other stories that started out like that. Except Lois wasn’t pregnant. Zoomway even wrote a fun one in the wee early days. You just need to get over the squick factor of 50 y/o Lex with a 25 y/o Lois.
Okay, you will have to give me the link to that fic, I thought I had read all of Zoomway's but I don't remember that one (but my memory isn't what it used to be...so who knows?)

Ugh, yeah the squick factor...which is why I don't think I could continue...most of it is mapped out in my brain though so maybe?

Thanks for the comments! thumbsup

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by KateSO
Oh wow, I definitely want to read more! When you said "dark" I thought someone would be dead, but this is a fabulous twist. It's scary, there are so many directions and unknowns, but that's also amazing! So well done, bravo!
Thanks! hyper
I want more too, I just don't wanna write it, ha.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sure, here you go!

http://lcfanfic.com/stories/_earliest/html/bubbles.html

And yeah, Guess the Author smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
1 member likes this: 90stvfangirl
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohh hi, this is my first attempt at posting a fic on here.
Welcome to the boards! wave

I've tried writing more and plotted out a whole bunch of things I would include but I creeped myself out and ultimately couldn't figure out how to get rid of you-know-who (I'm not good at A-plotty stuff).
That's what H.G.Wells is for! whistle It's never too late. wink

Lois shook her head, pulling away from Perry. “What’s this guy’s name again? Kent?”

“Clark. Clark Kent.”

The end?
Definitively that can't be the end. grovel Hey, look, the elevator door just opened and a man wearing an old fashioned bowler hat has stepped out... evil

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitively that can't be the end. grovel Hey, look, the elevator door just opened and a man wearing an old fashioned bowler hat has stepped out...

Andreia's right! H.G. Wells can fix almost anything! Hey wait, what about Utopia? dizzy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally Posted by Morgana
Definitively that can't be the end. grovel Hey, look, the elevator door just opened and a man wearing an old fashioned bowler hat has stepped out...

Andreia's right! H.G. Wells can fix almost anything! Hey wait, what about Utopia? dizzy

HG is tied up elsewhere unfortunately… laugh
I had a much darker story idea.
But IDK. Might have to get Lex to throw himself off a building or something. We know he’s not opposed to that. rotflol

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Congrats on your first fic here! dance

...He’ll be here for a few months, and then I’ll ship him back to the, uh…” Perry shuffled around on his desk until he found the paper, a résumé, he was looking for. “Smallville Press,” he read.
Oh, wow, that's an amazing start! I wouldn't have thought this of Perry, but I like what this opens up! Really heightens the stakes!

“The city is going to eat him alive,” she mumbled.
rotflol

Perry’s face softened, and he shook his head sadly. “Darlin, do we really need to do this again?”
Oh, this is so sad - her surrogate dad is really suffering under this wound.

“Maybe after I have the baby,” she finished quietly.
If Perry's sus, then Lex isn't above board on this one - it's really insidious to think that the baby is another way for Lex to trap her.

Perry stood, reaching out to touch her arm gently. “You will always have a place here, Lois. You know that.”
I just love your Perry!

The end?
I see that question mark! Let's move right along into Chapter 2. lol

Such an interesting premise! I'd love to see how (if?) our favorite soulmates get out of this one! We know that there's a balance, so they don't necessarily end up together in every lifetime!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard