Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
P

Last edited by SuperBek; 01/22/24 04:21 PM.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This year would be different.
Why do I feel like these are some famous last words??

Then Ralph was hired.
OMG, Ralph is the WOOOORST! lol

A simple red suit and different facial hair wouldn’t disguise him well enough that she wouldn’t recognize her own best friend.
No, it has to be a simple red and blue suit to trick her... lol

…Or pepper spray, she thought with malice.
Get him, Lois!

...Ever get inside those tights?”
jawdrop

the sour taste of sweat-soaked polyester that coated her tongue.
Ewwwww.

Lois Lane saved herself.
I don't know exactly how true this is, but I love the energy of it! hyper

“Superman! Help!”
Merry Christmas Clark, lol.

The reason that…
I’m not in love with you.
I do just have a weakness for this particular sentence structure.

There hadn’t ever not been a bomb before.
Oh, man, poor Lois.

...he was silhouetted in softly falling snow.
Aw, I love Christmas snow kisses!

Perry’s office even had a glowing-nosed reindeer at its door.
rotflol

“He flew you back to Metropolis?”
Clark nodded slowly, with a half grin. “Something like that.”
Sure. Something. wink

People lied, didn’t they?
CONSTANTLY.

SO Christmas-y! And I just love the Prankster! I'm so glad the boards had a fic-a-ton this year so we can read all these amazing stories!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AUGH!!! whinging whinging whinging

Okay okay, *breathes* template...

I like that Clark saved Christmas for Lois .
The part where the prankster tore Lois' psyche into tiny pieces made me feel like my heart had been put through a shredder and then smashed with a hammer . The part where they kidnapped Lois and tied her to a "bomb" was legitimately intense and terrifying and angsty with suspicions of whether someone had requested a Death Fic .

Guesses... Okay, who is good at completely running over my heart with a steamroller? JadedEvie is still a wildcard here, but I'm going to guess KSaraSara. And cry a lot. whinging

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, talk about suspense and twisting the emotional knife eek. I felt SO BAD for Lois! I'm really glad Superman cheered her up :3 and the way he struggled made it even sweeter.

How could he make her feel so grounded when holding her thousands of feet above the ground?
Perfect.

And then Clark taking over the next day.... So many gold nuggets. From the bitter-sweet story from her childhood to them starting a new tradition grin
I'm now hopeful we might see what New Years brings cool

As for my guess... I think it might be JadedEvie? (despite the red herring review??).

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
The Prankster really did a number on poor Lois. I loved that she finally called for Clark instead of Superman and was even disappointed when Superman showed up to save her. The kiss in the snow was great. But I loved it even more than it was Clark who really rescued her. Their talk in the newsroom was so sweet

I'm guessing JadedEvie

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blogger
Blogger
Oh my. I think I’m going to require a sequel so that the full reveal can happen.

So incredibly touching, Clark’s palpable desperation to help her but then realizing that even when he offered more as Superman, she didn’t drop all thought of Clark- it was Clark she finally opened up to. Also wow the Prankster’s callousness was depicted so well darn. Kudos!

Columnist
Columnist
This was such an incredible read. I loved the way you wove in Lois' emotional state and how the Prankster was more interested in destroying her internally than externally. I also love the way Superman and Clark were used. The writing was really evocative as well. Incredible job!

I am going to guess: BlueOwl

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
A different kind of revelation! Gorgeously done.

Back to add my guess.... I'm going with Blueowl.

Last edited by Toomi8; 01/14/24 02:08 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story was an emotional rollercoaster: from a painful and tense beginning to a sweet and magical ending. It left me wanting more. I want to see their new year in Smallville! grovel

I'm not good at guessing the author, but by the angsty level I'd guess KSaraSara.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Wow, what a rollercoaster of a fic. The switch from light to dark to light again, all the juxtaposition (or however that difficult word writes itself correctly)... Also the "symmetry" of Christmas lights, both in the bomb and later in the planet office then...nice touch. Looking at Lois' life like that is really heart-wrenching, ain't it? I guess the fact Griffin has a few points is what hurts the most there. Good there's Clakr to "save" her (and her Christmas experience) in a different kind of way this time. Especially after he wasn't there for most of the time hearing Lois...which is of course understandable if he was on the other side of the country with his folks. That's a god lesson though for Lois that Superman can't always be there when she needs it. MAybe that will teach her to be a bit less reckless.
Personally, I would hav epreferred if Lois would, ineed, have saved herself there. It's understandable, but feels kind of bad here that she in the end needs Clark/Superman again to do it for her. I wish the show had made that mon more occassion. Like she had a life pre-Superman and still survived...that must come from somewhere. And for this fic especially, it just proves Griffin's point here which...IDK, I didn't like that particularly.

Guesses: Hrm, a very angsty, Lois-Lane-centeredstory that is essentially a Lois character study dealing with her self-doubts and fears...sounds right up the alley of lovetvfan.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Logging a name in case time runs away from me:

This story's layout feels more like Bakasi. I will be checking out 'Don’t Let Me See You Hurt' first, simply because it's shorter and can fit more easily in the remaining time.

Edit: looky there, I need Bakasi for 'Don't Let Me See You Hurt' so it's JadedEvie for this one here.

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 01/21/24 04:29 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Oh so much angst. Poor Lois just wanted a nice warm holiday away from the holidays.
The prankster is one of those great bad guys who is so easy to hate. He's just so mean. Nice of you to take him out to play.
Superman saved her life (or not really) but Clark saved Christmas.
Very sweet at the ending there but no big reveal - yet.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This story was great! I think JadedEvie wrote it! I'll be back later with better fdk!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Beautiful story. Love how you weaved in so many elements. Ahhh!

Wish I had time for more comments!

My guess: JadedEvie cool

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I still have to read the epilogue (OMG YAY!), and I feel like my comments here will be so inadequate in comparison to the story, but I just wanted to say that I LOOOOOOVED this SO SO MUCH and about halfway through, I realized that it was likely MY prompts and... GAHHH! This story shredded me emotionally in the best way!! I'm OVER THE MOON with how amazing this is!! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Sara 😍

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Thanks so much for all the feedback, everyone!

First, it's incredibly flattering to be mistook for KSaraSara, lovetvfan, and BlueOwl, all of whose writing I very much enjoy and respect!

Queen of the Capes, thaaaaaank you. I was shook you almost broke your template here. lol I was definitely going for the emotional jugular on this one. The Prankster is just flat out mean (but clever, too). It always seems a little extra personal, as if it really is about you, and not him, so I gave him a little more room to run. 'Steamroller' is one of the better compliments I've received as a writer, so thank you for that gold nugget. blush

BlueOwl, yep, totally a red herring review - you got me. And so much more awkward to write than I anticipated! Thank you so much for commenting on the suspense, because it's so hard to write, especially in a smaller one-off, and I'm always worried about whether that will hit.

Bakasi, I appreciate you for commenting on the kiss in the snow, in particular! The prompt was a "really, really amazing kiss" both "sweeping" and "emotional" - so no short order! Clark's Christmas save was my favorite, too. Thanks so much for sharing your favorite moments with me. smile1

LauraHex, well, since you asked for the sequel... there's a little epilogue posted. I thought that was a cute enough little Christmas ending, but your comment took them to Smallville, too. ...I always think of Clark as the guy that's there for you at the end of the day, when everyone else has left, you know? I'm happy you enjoyed Lois seeing that here, too. And thank you so much for the compliment on writing the Prankster's voice! He was a new one for me!

lovetvfan, thank you SO much! This was such an array of compliments that I'm blushing. blush The Prankster is good at learning new tricks, so I'm glad that you thought this was a reasonable addition to his repertoire. The mental games weren't exactly a prank, so I was sort of on the fence about whether this would be wholly in character for him.

Toomi, I really appreciate the comment! A little revelation just for Lois. wink

Andreia, I can't tell you how much time of my 2023 turned into writing sequels that you've asked for in FDK. lol Luckily, this one was the short one! Thank you for such a kind comment! I'm so glad that you felt like you wanted to spend more time with them.

Blind Passenger, thanks so much for your thoughts. I was really happy when the antithetical Christmas lights scene with Clark popped into my brain, so I'm so glad you enjoyed the symmetry there. I'm honestly not sure what might help Lois to be less reckless (in spite of my writing about that theme quite a bit); in the end, I think it has to be something that she chooses for herself, and intentional realignment of her priorities. Like, you, I also wish that the show had departed from the early comics more often, in terms of Lois saving herself, but it was the 90's and, especially after season 1, I think they clung to that formula a bit more. Since Lois saved herself from physical injury/imminent death in one Prankster episode, I wanted to see if it was stronger for her to make emotional narrative choices that would save herself in another way, though still buoyed up by Superman and Clark - we can't do it all alone. I'd love to see some of her stories before meeting Clark, though - she undoubtedly got herself out of a lot of scrapes!

Darth Michael, what gave it away? Good guessing, though! I do love an em-dash. But I threw in those emoji snowflake section separators just for you, to give you one less clue that would align. angel-devil

AmandaK, thank you so much for the comments! Its always lovely to see a new member on the boards, and I'm excited to read Between Two Worlds soon! I'm glad you liked the Prankster here - he was tons of fun to write, and I feel like I don't see him often enough for the big, bad impression he makes! Thank you, especially for your kind words about the ending.

KSaraSara, awwww, thank you. When I saw your name on the prompts I was like, no way will this live up to whatever she asks for. And then I actually read the prompts and was like... I can't write a good enough kiss for Sara, Queen of 110 Kisses! Talk about a Sisyphean effort! wallbash
So I dragged Lois down to get an emotional kiss high, and then gave us something I could reasonably justify as a first kiss, and even then went back again and popped in some mistletoe because I figured, if not quality, Quantity!!! rotflol
But I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you, as always, for your completely lovely comments. Also, there's one more little smooch coming up in that epilogue for you.

SuperBek, it means a lot that you took the time to pop in - I saw in the Discord that you were racing the clock on guesses! Thank you so much for the kind words. I really do appreciate it. smile1

Verity, thanks again for all your help in coordinating this! clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

You did confirm it’s on the longer side of things. Well, now you got longer FDK, too… What goes around comes around.

This year would be different.
Fun start!

There was the year that her father had been caught indulging in decidedly non-Christmas related festivities with one of the triage nurses at the hospital holiday party.
Engaging in an Easter Egg hunt?

ELLEN: Wrong holiday.

LOIS: Looked like Valentines Day to me.

CLARK: Lois, will you be my Valentine?

The year after that had been closer to normal, replete with white snow from the blizzard that hit that year, but it seemed like her parents had left all the warmth of the season back in Hawaii. As Jack Frost nipped at their ice-covered windows, Ellen and Sam sniped at each other inside.
That entire paragraph clap

The dissolution of the Lanes’ marriage had still been a few years off from that snow-covered Christmas, but when it was eventually finalized, December 23rd had been the date on the paperwork.
Merry Christmas!

She’d never quite forgiven St. Nick for bringing her a second house for her dad to move into, instead of the new ice skates she’d asked for five years running.
Gold! clap

. Plus, the excuse of being assigned the holidays gave her good reason to make herself scarce around her own family, who seemed incapable of making merry.
Her colleagues are going to *hate* Clark and his unholy influence on the office worker bee.

No one else seemed to be saddled with her Christmas curse.
Hey, what if that’s actually a second curse?

The newsroom had provided her three years of peaceful, gentle drudgery.

Then Ralph was hired.
What a curveball clap

Her silent nights were unwillingly traded for holiday-themed, thinly-veiled innuendo.
Okay, I need to jot down “spitfire spunk in the stories” for the next GTA.

. His wholly inappropriate commentary about her ‘sugar plums’ made Lois retaliate by threatening her own personal version of the ‘nutcracker.’
rotflol Lois pulling Ralph during Secret Santa. She gifts him a wooden nutcracker.

and without Ralph’s crude interpretation of ‘ho-ho-ho.’
Which I assume is Ralph telling everyone what he wishes for himself at Christmas.

stalked by a vengeful creep she’d thought she’d sent to prison
KYLE: jawdrop I made the list? [Linked Image]

She bought the plane tickets and a new bikini to match.
Three pieces of superman shields and some blue cord to tie it all together so Lois isn’t standing there in the altogether?

Glancing at the little clock on her stove, she realized that if she didn’t stop daydreaming, she wasn’t going to make it to the airport on time!
Oooooh

Crossing to her little home desk, she pulled her passport out of the top drawer and slid it into her purse.
Since you mentioned Kyle: Who checks their passport for correct information before going on a trip? What if the Prankster modified it? Getting her arrested in a banana republic?

The only decorations she’d see would be the little umbrellas in her tropical drinks.
laugh I did expect this story to be a snowed in, fireplace Christmas tale when I thought Bakasi would be the author. Kind of like classic Christmas in the woods theme, you know? Anyway, I really hope that by now I would have reconsidered the author, Bakasi got a different style of story telling.

She wound her new wool scarf around her neck, an early Christmas gift from her partner,
Does it have a tracking device sewed in?

Santa Claus stood outside her door.

“Ho, ho, ho!” He said in a booming voice.
And that’s how Lois became Santa’s personal nutcracker.

“No, no, no,” said another voice down the hall. “You’re supposed to say, ‘You’re on the naughty list this year, Lois.’”
Griffin. You pulled a Chekov’s Gun.

A gasp rose in her throat.

That was a voice she recognized.

She slammed the door shut!
Wheeeeeeeeee!

But Santa was too quick, snaking an arm through her door before it could latch. He shouldered it open and threw the door wide again, sending her lurching backwards, trying to regain her balance as she tripped over her now underfoot suitcase.
/clears throat/
Help! Superman, HELP!

and opened her mouth to call for help.
How to end a story quickly.

“This year… all I want for Christmas is YOU, Lois Lane.”
Isn’t he romantic?

She had to force herself not to take a step backward. His words had a manically menacing quality to them, and she worried whether the return to jail had played havoc with his already disturbed mind.
They really should stop with the psychovolt therapy. Running 15 volts through the inmate’s brains isn’t adjusting their psyches the way the Arkham research suggested at first.

“So Victor and I hitched a ride on Santa’s sleigh, borrowed a suit, and decided to come wish YOU a merry little Christmas.” He stopped near her tiny tree, leaning toward her and affecting a wide grin. “Merry Christmas, Lois.”
Just promise you will never do Lex peep

“I SAID, ‘MERRY CHRISTMAS,’ LOIS,” he suddenly shouted, sweeping his
arm violently into her scrappy little tree and knocking it to the floor.
Eeep! You really capture his unstable psychotic behavior marvelously!

He’d definitely gotten more unhinged after this latest jail stint, brief as it was.
I told you, they should never have hired criminal psychiatrists Dr. Harleen Quinzel and Dr. Hugo Strange, no matter how recommended they came from Arkham Asylum.

“Now, what’s this? A suitcase! Well, we’ve got some holiday fun all ready for you, so you won’t be needing this anymore!” He reached forward and wrenched it from her hand.
Boy boy boy, you do a truly creepy Griffin.

And it was already too late to scurry off to Clark’s this time.
Awwww

The sinking feeling in her gut told her she’d never wear it in Tahiti now.

“Were you going to miss out on Christmas in Metropolis this year? We can’t have that.”
30 minutes. Perhaps less. That would have been all she had needed to avoid this.

Griffin pulled out a string of Christmas lights.
To tie her up with. Wrapped around like a Christmas tree!

She wasn’t as delighted as he was to be back.
I really shouldn’t quote every sentence.

The Metro Processing Plant looked like it was still under construction from the havoc he’d wreaked earlier that fall.
Metropolis criminals – we tear it down faster than you can rebuild!

But Griffin had decided to add a ludicrous insult to his hijacking of her vacation.
Did he have her dress up in the Tahiti bikini? He certainly was Lois’s most inappropriate suitor. Sure, Spencer Spencer suggested he make her an employee responsible for his personal satisfaction and Clark got her to be his concubine and Lex suggested companionship for survival, but Griffin always was the most lurid and inappropriate of them all. Might not even be possible to do this thing today without getting canceled.

He’d insisted that she change into the new bikini he’d fished out of her luggage.
See? On the plus side, she did not wake up in the bikini with no recollection how she got into it.

But Griffin’s goon had dragged her from her apartment before she could grab any other necessities.

Like shoes.

…Or pepper spray, she thought with malice.
laugh also, I will decide to edit to ‘mace’ if that’s okay?

“Otherwise,” Griffin led him along, “…she’ll get away.”
clap you are doing marvelous Griffin. Yes, next time, I’ll look for the story with the most psychotic villain during the GTA.

Santa Victor was tying her up with Christmas lights.

As if they weren’t bad enough already.

She’d hate them with open ire after this.
laugh when he turns them on, are they still the light bulb types, those that get hot when they burn?

Oh, no. That would have been too lucky for Lois Lane at Christmas-time. Instead, he’d wrapped them, mummy-like, with mere millimeters between rows.
Like a Christmas roast.

“What are you even after this time, Griffin?” she asked, following their formula.

She knew how this was supposed to go, even if this kidnapping did have an annoyingly unique holiday flavor. Get tied up, call the villain names, make them angry, entice their master plan out of them, call for Superman – or, better yet, take out the bad guys herself – foil the plan, write it up.
She got spunk!

“I don’t think you’ll like the way I prove it to you, Lois,” the Prankster said with a nasty smile.
Eeep!

“Do you know what went wrong on my last two forays into the criminal landscape of Metropolis?”

“Do you want a list?” she quipped back.
Eeep! She should be more circumspect. There’s some stories on the Archives about Lois ticking off psychotic villains that are not happy help

. “And in all that time, you stayed right where you were when we met. Other women, they might have gotten married, bought a house, had a family.
This guy would make Lex’s naughty list.

She shook it off. She wasn’t exactly curing cancer, but she was making a difference.
She’s breeding superheroes. That’s important work!

“They did. I’m a Senior Reporter,” she scoffed,
Yes, she’s on top of Clark.

“And yet you’re still doing stories on me.”
Good press. People want to read about the lurid failures of others.

She could see his point and it irritated her. Writing up something so mundane as her own kidnapping wasn’t going to nab her a promotion or a Kerth
Kerth committee: Let’s see. Lane, Daily Planet, another story about her getting kidnapped by an international arms dealer. Next!

“Had any long-term relationships since we met, Lois?”
Superman. And Lex. Hell, she’d almost been long enough in a relationship to become a widow.

MINDY CHURCH: wave

“I heard about one. Of course, your relationship wasn’t as long as the afterlife you drove him to.”
That’s another way to put it.

“And then, of course, there are all the rumors about you and the Big Blue Wonder. Ever get inside those tights?”
Not yet. But give it another year and she’ll be wearing pink ones.

“You DID!” Griffin crowed. “Wow, I never would have believed it if I hadn’t seen your face with my own eyes. He turned you down!”
He didn’t want Lex’s seconds.

What about that partner of yours?”
He’s into the blonde law and order type.

Convincing,” Griffin commented wryly. “But at least that explains why you’re not married and bouncing a kid on your knee in the suburbs by now, instead of chasing me.”
He does realize that she’s twenty-seven, doesn’t he?

And by the way, Lane, I’m not interested either.” He laughed.
Probably the only one good thing. Although, Victor had previously made his interest known.

“You’re kidding!”

The Prankster guffawed, obviously drawing his own conclusions.

“No family? You were going alone?”

His eyes lit.
Kind of funny!

She hadn’t been expecting the emotional assault he’d designed for her. It was unexpectedly mean and more well-researched than she’d have expected.
Griffin certainly was one of the more colorful miscreants on the show.

Everyone was always telling her that she had a big mouth. She used it.

She spat directly into his face.
shock

And Clark was a good friend.

But then again… he’d been assigned to her, too.
The whole bit. It’s terrible. And very good.

“You know what your fatal flaw is, Griffin?”

“Why don’t you let me worry about that,” Griffith said in a merry tone, stuffing the Santa hat into her mouth.
Delicious prose clap

Cute, isn’t it?” He asked, seeing her stare. “I told you that I got you a present.”
And it goes tick tick boom!

The Prankster pointed at the clock’s face. “When the little hand reaches the twelve, my special gift for you will go ‘BOOM!’ And you’re going to crumble like a gingerbread cookie.”
How Christmasy! It will deck all the halls with Holly Lois.

Victor followed, looking back at her with a sad, hesitant wave before skittering after Griffin.
Poor guy. He so wanted a pet Lois. Also, Griffin does the same stupid thing all the villains do – he comes up with an overly complicated and long-winded plan to kill his foe when a simple bullet would do. And thus, ensuring he fails.

Reaching forward with her toes, she pulled it directly under her and stuffed her bare, icicle-like feet into it.
Good thinking!

If she pulled them apart, she’d run the risk of electrocuting herself.

She abruptly stopped pulling.
She would get warmer.

She slipped back down, landing hard.

Blowing her hair out of her face, she reassessed.
Very vivid!

Looking at the Prankster’s clock, she calculated that she had just over three hours to escape, if Griffin hadn’t lied about the countdown.
He’s extremely cocky!

Besides that, there were a number of the little bulbs that had been trapped against her skin when Victor had tied her up. The lights had been on for nearly a half hour now and she could feel that they were getting really hot.
See? Which brings up, why did none break when she plopped back down on the bench, forcing her to sit on shards of Christmas lights?

Lois had spent her life sleuthing out the bad guys, fighting for the little guy and slamming her fists against the glass ceiling so hard that she didn’t even bother to wipe the blood off before sticking her already fractured hand into some other door that was rapidly closing in her face.

And where had it all gotten her?

A cold, empty warehouse on her least favorite holiday, insultingly tied up and effectively strapped to a bomb.
I did mention quoting too much before, didn’t I?

On Christmas Eve, the day when you were supposed to be with the people you loved most, she realized that she didn’t have anyone that loved her most.
Too be fair, she is with the person who loves her most.

LOIS: whinging

Too soon?

How long would it take for them to notice she was missing?
I do wonder, do US electrical regulations prescribe a ground fault interrupt, because she could fairly safely cause a short circuit, even electrocute herself a bit without really risking her life. Especially in these circumstances.

Would Perry think she’d abandoned the Planet? Or would he know that something must have gone horribly wrong once she missed a deadline?
laugh

“Superman, help?”
This is adorably sad!

She wanted someone there with her, someone who did love her.

Instinct took over.

“Clark!” she shouted into the night.
Awwwww

“Lois?”

Clark!

She opened her eyes.

Oh.

“Superman,” she breathed, surprised. Disappointed?
laugh

“There’s a bomb! It’s about to go off!”

“Where?”

“Here! I don’t know! In the building!”

The superhero looked around.

“I don’t…” He looked upward and then down before looking back at her. “I don’t think there is.”
Given it was just a second left, it had to be no bomb.

She’d been told that a bomb with her name on it was nearby and on a countdown.

Usually that meant that it would go ‘boom.’
laugh yes, but her dying of hypothermia while getting spit roasted as she only focuses on the bomb in a bikini is much more effective.

There hadn’t ever not been a bomb before.

Then it sank in…

The Prankster.
laugh

“He lied! I can’t believe he would lie about that! What kind of sicko drags a girl into an abandoned, colder-than-snow building on Christmas Eve, ties her up, tells her he’s going to blow her up, and then doesn’t even bring a bomb?!”
rotflol well, he did blow up her Christmas plans. That counts for something, doesn’t it?

“Why don’t we get you out of those…” he paused, really looking at her now, “uh, Christmas lights.”
laugh

His eyebrows rose when the lights fell away, revealing her tropical bikini, but he didn’t stare and didn’t say anything.
Wow, the lights actually dressed her up modestly! She’s more dressed than if she’s wearing macrame. Hmm…No, with Queenie, it would be Clark wearing the macrame.

Thank goodness for small miracles.

If Clark were here, he’d be teasing her about it.
And she’d like it.

Actually, if Clark were here, he’d be blushing at her state of near undress, and that familiar tension would rise between them until he cracked a joke to dissolve it. Then the teasing would begin.
Awwwww

“They aren’t that bad,” she said dismissively, analyzing another red mark just above her hip, pointedly ignoring his proffered arm. “They feel like sunburn.”
She fell asleep beneath a tattered umbrella on a Tahiti beach.

I have aloe at home.”
Yes, but who’s gonna apply it to her?

Superman looked disturbed, and – was that anger flashing across his eyes? “Did he – What did he –”
The Pranksters Final Prank, it went too far and now Griffin is sitting in a cave in Antarctica, hoping Superman won’t find him.

Well, it was different.

It was worse.
mecry

“Of course,” he said. “I’d be happy to wait if you wanted me to take you somewhere else for the holiday after you stopped off at home. Your family?”
Tahiti.

And he wanted her to follow procedure.
She taught him, cops for proof, the story next, then a short nighty night.

So that they could start tracking down Griffin.

Well, she didn’t have the strength to fight right now.
sad

He looked like he might argue, so she followed up with an attempt at humor. “That’s what Christmas is for, isn’t it?” It came out laced with bitterness instead of comedy.
/imagines Superman in a red suit kicking in Kyle’s door, shouting ho-ho-ho!

Besides, it had taken him three hours to get to her. If the bomb had been real, she’d be dead.
Sounds perfectly reasonable.

He tilted his head to gesture to her, brows furrowed. “You’re crying.”

“Oh.” She pulled a hand from beneath the cape to touch her face. Fresh tears were tracking down her cheeks.
Given where we are in the story, I’m thinking you needed Griffin just to mess Lois up so Superman could then take care of her.

GRIFFIN: You saying I’m a plot device?

LOIS: No, stupid, he’s saying that you’re a tool!

or Perry hires Ralph,”
PERRY: Merry Christmas, people! This new reporter here comes highly recommended from our good friend Mr. Randolph Goode.

Until next year, she thought miserably. Then the curse would come for her again, and she’d be alone. Just like this year.
The Christmas Curse!

Between his reassurances and the rare display of affection he was offering her, she felt her breathing slow.

He slowly moved to her other cheek and gently kissed her there, too.
She’s not gonna establish the in-bed-with-Superman-at-Christmas tradition, is she?

And then he was kissing her.

Or was she kissing him?
Oh boy.

He held her gaze. “Merry Christmas, Lois.”

“Merry Christmas,” she returned. “Thank you for, well, for everything tonight,” she said unsteadily.

“I’m glad to be here,” he said, hugging her to him more securely. With a soft smile, he suggested, “Let’s get you home.”
Awwww… and the story’s not over yet! There’s an afterstory! And I did spy an epilogue, too!

enduring the Prankster’s perilous countdown, but also reliving his mental games that had effortlessly taken up real estate in her head.
He’s a brain squatter!

But while he’d soothed her panic of the night, the interaction hadn’t quite made up for the disappointments of Christmas past.

After all, he’d left right after that.
Yes, no super nookie!

trekked to the nearest precinct to make her report alone.
Poor dear!

LOIS: just hand me an LL/K-P, I’ll fill in the date and location and you can file it with the rest.

Once she’d passed the height, and the valley, she was just dropped back into her regular life again, no thrill, no warmth, no real way to contact him.
Yes, but if she would add dinner and nookie, she’d still get more date nights out of it than a regular married couple.

Great, she sighed. Now the holiday season had extended its bleak reach even to Superman.
laugh

And every inch of it was strung with Christmas lights.
Eeep! He’s baaa-ack!

It’s ‘The First Noel.’”

She turned to the familiar voice that spoke softly behind her.

Clark.

Of course.
jawdrop

Did she like it? ‘Yes’ seemed nowhere near enough when he’d somehow begun to repair a faith that had been broken since she was seven.
Awwww

He flew you back to Metropolis?”

Clark nodded slowly, with a half grin. “Something like that.”
Clark was in Smallville. Then Superman could be seen in Smallville. Then Superman flew back to Metropolis. And now Clark is in Metropolis. You do the math.

LOIS: Hmmm, three!

He leaned in, and she held her breath. Was he going to kiss her?

Oh my god, he was!
jawdrop

Before she had the chance to say – or impulsively do – anything, he glanced up with another disarming smile. “Mistletoe.”
laugh

She’d thought that mistletoe was dangerous before.

Clark was setting a new bar with the berry-hung menace.
evil yes, nothing is so dangerous as a welcome mistletoe.

Whipped cream and Clark sounds like a great Christmas tradition, her mind supplied wickedly.
She could even apply some chocolate sauce underneath.

Clark’s hand slid around her, coming to rest on her lower back – and causing another palpitation. She let herself lean in closer to him and followed as he led her down into the bullpen.
Awwwwwwww which makes me wonder if that is for Sara. She does like this interaction.

Was this what other people felt every year?
I might be repeating myself here… Awwwwwwww. Also, about the question: only Clark’s girlfriends.

“You don’t have any happy Christmas memories?”

“There was the year of the trucker’s strike. There was no one else here that year, and I got the byline. It was one of the first I ever had on my own.”
laugh and also Awwwwwwww

I meant childhood memories,” he said.
Nope.

“Marley was dead: to begin with,” hadn’t struck her or her sister as the opening to a story they wanted to finish.
You went all out!

Every holiday memory she could come up with seemed to be tainted.

But Clark had asked. So she searched even further back in her memory banks.
Awwwwwww

And instead she’d only gotten a devastating analysis of her personality, a freezing flight home and the urge to reassess her relationship expectations with her pilot.
For that, she’s probably gonna gift Griffin her favorite nutcracker the next time he comes by.

She realized she couldn’t take one more wound this year, and she didn’t want to give Clark the chance to be the one to inadvertently inflict it.
Oh look, shiny new wall.

“Did you want me to?”

She sighed in response, eyes cast down. She didn’t, but it was too complicated for her to understand why.
Only complicated if you want it to be.

like earlier tonight, but things tended to come up to distract her.

Corrupt things.

Criminal things.

And often things in blue spandex tights.
clap

Superman was around for the action, but she needed Clark to survive.
Awwww… so, Superman for the bedroom and Clark to keep the house and raise the kids?

It turned out that it was the man in the impossibly ugly, light-up reindeer tie,
You sneaked that in! Clark went with the over-christmassed theme of the newsroom.

That was a revelation.
Doesn’t count for the Kerth revelation category.

Last night, she’d been taunted by the Prankster as a physical embodiment of Christmas past, and pulled out of the year’s horrific Christmas present by Superman. Now, watching the expressions flitting across Clark’s eyes, she wondered if maybe he could be her Christmas future?
Nice foreshadowing with Dickens and now plopping it in. Wonderful craftsmanship clap

“—think of you as family already. They’d love it if you’d come.”
She’d even get a Clark in her room.

Lois ignored the selfish voice in her head telling her to quit resisting and to instead get this offer in writing.
evil

Maybe by next year, Clark would be exclusively dating Mayson Drake, and the blonde harpy wouldn’t want Lois tagging along as a third wheel.
Only one way to prevent that.
LOIS: shock:
ER: /hands Lois bomb making materials/
LOIS: ohhhhh

And maybe the Kents would leave their mistletoe up through the new year, her mind whispered.
LOIS: Clark, why is there mistletoe above your bed?
CLARK: Mo-o-om!

Once she’d had the chance to experience that full force, she didn’t know where she’d be if she had to give it up.
She could simply set up camp at his place.

Was he just being kind? Or had he just subtly proposed, offering her a lifetime of family Christmases with him?
angel-devil

He’d told her outright that he wasn’t in love with her.

But nearly everything he did made her think she’d gotten that one crucial detail wrong somehow.

People lied, didn’t they?
peep

But what were you supposed to do when the pool looked full when you checked it?
Sniff to see if it’s water?

She resorted to the tried and true Lois Lane method.

She jumped.
laugh

Those Christmas ficathon stories will be hard to top during the rest of the year!

“Let’s start another new tradition,” she said.

And she leaned forward and kissed him.
shock

She’d forgotten what a good kisser Clark was, and he was doing an indecently admirable job of reminding her.
Oh, looky there, such a toasty fire.

Not wanting there to be any confusion later about whether this was just a friendly Christmas peck, she leaned her body closer to his and deepened the kiss.
rotflol
CLARK: Wow, not even my dental hygienist back in Smallville does such a thorough job.

He made a low noise in the back of his throat and her toes curled. His hand came up to press against her cheek, and he guided her to tilt her head, taking advantage of the better access.
I hope Lois realizes that tradition demands they invite Griffin to their wedding.

For someone who behaved so innocently, his kiss was searing, sensuously indulgent, and thorough.
thud

JIMMY: People work here!

Kissing for the first time without it being part of some sort of subterfuge was another revelation. She knew at that moment that she’d be spending the rest of this holiday in Smallville, and she’d follow him back there the next year and the next. She’d follow him through time and space if he asked.

When she finally pulled back, he was staring at her with a certain degree of awe.

Her nerves kicked in.
rotflol

LOIS: Door. Yes, door. Slammy. BYE!

Say something, she thought.

“There’s no mistletoe,” he said finally, looking up as if to double check.
laugh

“I know,” she replied evenly, wondering if she was about to sustain an incurable injury at the bottom of an empty pool.
Yay for keeping the theme alive!

She held his gaze, feeling more vulnerable by the second.

She’d jumped. She needed him to decide whether he was going to catch her or not.
Awwwwww

“I love this tradition.”

He leaned forward and kissed her again, and she realized her toes hadn’t uncurled yet.
laugh

Something about his kiss was familiar though, just on the tip of her memory. Before she could identify it, he pulled back and rested his forehead on hers.
Like when she kissed one of her former suitors? Ummm… L… something or other. Oh yes, El. Kal-El!

“Does this mean you’ll come back to Kansas with me?” he asked earnestly.

She laughed softly and sat up to meet his eyes again. “If we can find flights, yes.”
Ahhhhhhhh

She’d let him surprise her, she decided. She hadn’t regretted following his lead yet.
You know, given how recently the whole shooting dead incident was, them arriving in Smallville with a ticked off Lois would be quite… funny.

MARTHA: So, Clark is on the couch again?

“Merry Christmas, Lois.”

“Merry Christmas, Clark” she replied, marveling that, against all odds, this Christmas really had turned out to be a merry one.
I keep repeating myself: awwwwww

He leaned in to kiss her again, and her last heady thought was that if this was Clark’s idea of a Christmas tradition, she couldn’t wait to see what he had in mind for New Year’s.
Give her fireworks?

Want:
-A really, really amazing kiss (like, first kisses and sweeping emotional ones are best)
-Some sort of revelation (doesn’t have to be THE revelation)
-Some sort of rescue

Don’t Want:
-Clones
-Dan or Mayson
-Pregnancy
laugh Sadly I pre-checked so I can’t say if for certain if no-clones would have given it away, but it probably would have confirmed my guess of KSaraSara for the prompts.

You did a wonderful story, Evie! See you in the epilogue!

Originally Posted by JadedEvie
Darth Michael, what gave it away? Good guessing, though! I do love an em-dash. But I threw in those emoji snowflake section separators just for you, to give you one less clue that would align.
Yes, those separators were evil. And something that stumped me from guessing you since I had no idea just how deep you already waded into the whole Guess the Author genre. And I didn't even outline the whole guessing strategy when the story was posted. As to what narrowed it down originally: I'm sorry to say it was exclusion principle to the last. You did hide most of the easy-to-spot typographical stuff. I did manage to jot down some stylistic idiosyncrasies for next time devil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Hi Micheal! wave

Thanks for taking the time on this one! I know the longer ones always mean that you put a lot of time in!

The year after that had been closer to normal, replete with white snow from the blizzard that hit that year, but it seemed like her parents had left all the warmth of the season back in Hawaii. As Jack Frost nipped at their ice-covered windows, Ellen and Sam sniped at each other inside.
That entire paragraph
Thank you! I was inordinately proud of Jack/nipped Ellen-and-Sam/sniped when I came up with that.

The newsroom had provided her three years of peaceful, gentle drudgery.
Then Ralph was hired.
What a curveball
I feel like Ralph always being the worst part of these little rants is like that final straw that breaks the camel's back.

Her silent nights were unwillingly traded for holiday-themed, thinly-veiled innuendo.
Okay, I need to jot down “spitfire spunk in the stories” for the next GTA.

I like to think of it as moxy. wink
But honestly, this was just my trying to work in the phrase 'Silent Night.' Both a holiday song and a Christmas wish, in this case.

“No, no, no,” said another voice down the hall. “You’re supposed to say, ‘You’re on the naughty list this year, Lois.’”
Griffin. You pulled a Chekov’s Gun.
You betcha! I usually like to have the 'gun,' so to speak, sit out for a longer part of the story, but oh, well. Nice catch on identifying this earlier!

“So Victor and I hitched a ride on Santa’s sleigh, borrowed a suit, and decided to come wish YOU a merry little Christmas.” He stopped near her tiny tree, leaning toward her and affecting a wide grin. “Merry Christmas, Lois.”
Just promise you will never do Lex
It's nearly half written. Get ready. It's... significantly worse than this.

“I SAID, ‘MERRY CHRISTMAS,’ LOIS,” he suddenly shouted, sweeping his arm violently into her scrappy little tree and knocking it to the floor.
Eeep! You really capture his unstable psychotic behavior marvelously!
I really appreciate that! This character was probably the most fun to write that I've had so far. I loved this actor on the show - he just chews scenery in such a silly way.

He’d definitely gotten more unhinged after this latest jail stint, brief as it was.
I told you, they should never have hired criminal psychiatrists Dr. Harleen Quinzel and Dr. Hugo Strange, no matter how recommended they came from Arkham Asylum.
Didn't Dr. Deter actually do a rotation with Dr. Quinzel during that little exchange program? wink

She wasn’t as delighted as he was to be back.
I really shouldn’t quote every sentence.
You won't ever hear me complaining about this! wink I work hard on every sentence, so I'll take the commentary happily. Honestly, I probably review every sentence like... 8-9 times once it's in final draft form. So I appreciate knowing which ones hit.

The Metro Processing Plant looked like it was still under construction from the havoc he’d wreaked earlier that fall.
Metropolis criminals – we tear it down faster than you can rebuild!
This should be their union motto!

But Griffin had decided to add a ludicrous insult to his hijacking of her vacation.
Did he have her dress up in the Tahiti bikini? He certainly was Lois’s most inappropriate suitor. Sure, Spencer Spencer suggested he make her an employee responsible for his personal satisfaction and Clark got her to be his concubine and Lex suggested companionship for survival, but Griffin always was the most lurid and inappropriate of them all. Might not even be possible to do this thing today without getting canceled.
You know, I went back and forth with this. It's definitely a riff on the episode where Griffin strips her down to her lingerie and puts her dress on Jimmy. So when I first wrote it, it just felt like a page out of the "How-to-be-the-Prankster" manual that the show writers left us. You'll notice I glossed over her changing into it, as well as other beats where there could have been more traumatizing sexual misconduct (which definitely feels on the table for Griffin and Victor, in spite of the PG-13 vibe from the network). I pushed it to be emotional torture/humiliation instead - plus, I couldn't resist the irony of her vacation apparel being used against her (salt in the wound). And then I needed the lights to burn, but they wouldn't do it through a sweater, and well, soon the bikini became too useful to pass up. Would you have looked for another solution here, for a 2023 story? Whenever I write L&C it's always stuck on this weird bridge between today and 1993, and I don't think it's necessarily the best version of either. But I can't set it in '93 and ignore the prevailing attitudes of the decade either, you know? LOL - suffice to say, I agree, and I deeply overthought the bikini change.

“Otherwise,” Griffin led him along, “…she’ll get away.”
clap you are doing marvelous Griffin. Yes, next time, I’ll look for the story with the most psychotic villain during the GTA.
Thhaaaaank you! I'm so glad this read.
And next year, y'all are getting a little 5-page cozy Christmas story, lol.

She could see his point and it irritated her. Writing up something so mundane as her own kidnapping wasn’t going to nab her a promotion or a Kerth
Kerth committee: Let’s see. Lane, Daily Planet, another story about her getting kidnapped by an international arms dealer. Next!
This always kills me because... what are the OTHER stories she's in competition with? They definitely aren't the inside scoop on tsunamis and nuclear devices and presidential cloning and the SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH BY A FLYING MAN. And she's getting ALL the Superman exclusives, too. I know Clark wins for the senior citizens' home piece, but every time it's suggested there is a more impactful story out there than what we see Lois investigate, foil, and write, it deeply strains my ability to suspend my disbelief.

Convincing,” Griffin commented wryly. “But at least that explains why you’re not married and bouncing a kid on your knee in the suburbs by now, instead of chasing me.”
He does realize that she’s twenty-seven, doesn’t he?
Don't forget that geriatric pregnancies start at 34. 27 is breaching spinster material here. Those career girls really affected the national average for marriage/pregnancy ages! (Huzzah for choices!)

Everyone was always telling her that she had a big mouth. She used it.
She spat directly into his face.
shock
Glad you commented on this, actually. This was an upgrade after you mentioned you wanted her to behave worse in one of my other stories. Here you go!

Besides that, there were a number of the little bulbs that had been trapped against her skin when Victor had tied her up. The lights had been on for nearly a half hour now and she could feel that they were getting really hot.
See? Which brings up, why did none break when she plopped back down on the bench, forcing her to sit on shards of Christmas lights?
Sigh... I got out of mentioning this in other comments, but the truth is that I tried this. Once I tied had her tied up, I needed a better idea of the mechanics, so I had help on hand, but... yeah... The answer to your question is that they didn't break in the story because they didn't break irl when I sat down hard on them on a hard chair. Once I was getting research, it didn't even occur to me to be more imaginative about it. But that might have been better - higher odds against her/more to overcome if she's bleeding.

A cold, empty warehouse on her least favorite holiday, insultingly tied up and effectively strapped to a bomb.
I did mention quoting too much before, didn’t I?
Nope... I didn't hear it! lol

How long would it take for them to notice she was missing?
I do wonder, do US electrical regulations prescribe a ground fault interrupt, because she could fairly safely cause a short circuit, even electrocute herself a bit without really risking her life. Especially in these circumstances.
Honestly, probably a good point, but beyond my expertise. I have an acquaintance that is an electrician, and he's received a couple 'shocks' that had him in the hosptial. So I figured it was enough to run with.

“He lied! I can’t believe he would lie about that! What kind of sicko drags a girl into an abandoned, colder-than-snow building on Christmas Eve, ties her up, tells her he’s going to blow her up, and then doesn’t even bring a bomb?!”
rotflol well, he did blow up her Christmas plans. That counts for something, doesn’t it?
Laughed out LOUD at this - yes, blowing up her plans definitely counts.

He tilted his head to gesture to her, brows furrowed. “You’re crying.”
“Oh.” She pulled a hand from beneath the cape to touch her face. Fresh tears were tracking down her cheeks.
Given where we are in the story, I’m thinking you needed Griffin just to mess Lois up so Superman could then take care of her.
Did you SEE my prompts?? I had to come up with a SWEEPING kiss! A "really, really amazing kiss!" That's TWO Really's! AND, to top it off, these prompts are from Sara, MISS 110 KISSES. I'm noooooot good at writing that part. I'm good at having them sneaking around warehouses and getting chased by the dock. So, YEAH, Griffin was my little tool to mentally shred her for the sole purpose of 'kiss it and make it better.' thud

or Perry hires Ralph,”
PERRY: Merry Christmas, people! This new reporter here comes highly recommended from our good friend Mr. Randolph Goode.
And THIS is a genius plot bunny! Randy sent Ralph over to the Planet as his corporate spy!

Between his reassurances and the rare display of affection he was offering her, she felt her breathing slow.
He slowly moved to her other cheek and gently kissed her there, too.
She’s not gonna establish the in-bed-with-Superman-at-Christmas tradition, is she?
Not in this story, but check back in after a year or two and we'll see if that outline had become a draft.

And every inch of it was strung with Christmas lights.
Eeep! He’s baaa-ack!
I have to admit that I had my head in my hands at the sheer number of times you correctly predicted this plot up until now.
So when I read this I cackled. Gotcha!

Clark’s hand slid around her, coming to rest on her lower back – and causing another palpitation. She let herself lean in closer to him and followed as he led her down into the bullpen.
Awwwwwwww which makes me wonder if that is for Sara. She does like this interaction.
Nice catch. Sara is helping me (enormously) with some beta-ing. So aside from this being her a response to her prompts, I'm trying to add this little touch into every story in 2024. We'll see if I accomplish that!

“Marley was dead: to begin with,” hadn’t struck her or her sister as the opening to a story they wanted to finish.
You went all out!
Y'all said it was a CHRISTMAS FIC-A-THON! Y'all got every single Christmas reference I could wedge into this. rotflol

Superman was around for the action, but she needed Clark to survive.
Awwww… so, Superman for the bedroom and Clark to keep the house and raise the kids?

At the speed at which Superman can move... he's also the one cleaning the house. lol
It turned out that it was the man in the impossibly ugly, light-up reindeer tie,
You sneaked that in! Clark went with the over-christmassed theme of the newsroom.
I decided she'd only really notice it (as a positive thing) after she'd changed her perspective on him a little. Gotta get that ugly tie trope in there.

That was a revelation.
Doesn’t count for the Kerth revelation category.
It does not.
...and thanks for mentioning that because I think I'm going to request that this and the epligoue get judged together. They're really one piece anyway. I'll remember that for next year!

Last night, she’d been taunted by the Prankster as a physical embodiment of Christmas past, and pulled out of the year’s horrific Christmas present by Superman. Now, watching the expressions flitting across Clark’s eyes, she wondered if maybe he could be her Christmas future?
Nice foreshadowing with Dickens and now plopping it in. Wonderful craftsmanship clap
THANK YOU! I was so excited when I was able to work that! Chekhov and Dickens did so much heavy lifting for me in this story!

And maybe the Kents would leave their mistletoe up through the new year, her mind whispered.
Martha would do it, too!

“I know,” she replied evenly, wondering if she was about to sustain an incurable injury at the bottom of an empty pool.
Yay for keeping the theme alive!
I Beat This TO DEATH. lol

“Does this mean you’ll come back to Kansas with me?” he asked earnestly.
She laughed softly and sat up to meet his eyes again. “If we can find flights, yes.”
Ahhhhhhhh
Yup, just move right on to the epilogue, friend, for this gag to resolve. It's short. wink

You did a wonderful story, Evie!
Thank you. I really do appreciate the kind words. I know I've said it before, but it's always such a joy to see what hit by reading your FDK and seeing the story through your lens!

Darth Michael, what gave it away? Good guessing, though! I do love an em-dash. But I threw in those emoji snowflake section separators just for you, to give you one less clue that would align.
Yes, those separators were evil. And something that stumped me from guessing you since I had no idea just how deep you already waded into the whole Guess the Author genre. And I didn't even outline the whole guessing strategy when the story was posted. As to what narrowed it down originally: I'm sorry to say it was exclusion principle to the last. You did hide most of the easy-to-spot typographical stuff. I did manage to jot down some stylistic idiosyncrasies for next time devil
Eeeeeeeeexcellent. I'm a quick study.
I'll have to give it some though to see if I want to disguise myself or not on the next GTA. Might be fun to play 'Stump Michael.' We'll see how the story goes!

Evie

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Evie!

Thanks for taking the time on this one! I know the longer ones always mean that you put a lot of time in!
It’s fun!

Thank you! I was inordinately proud of Jack/nipped Ellen-and-Sam/sniped when I came up with that.
Writers. Always looking for a cheap thrill with words wink

But honestly, this was just my trying to work in the phrase 'Silent Night.' Both a holiday song and a Christmas wish, in this case.
Well…it worked!

You betcha! I usually like to have the 'gun,' so to speak, sit out for a longer part of the story, but oh, well. Nice catch on identifying this earlier!
I guess I did. Basically any villain other than Lex is probably a CG if they show up in a random rant.

t's nearly half written. Get ready. It's... significantly worse than this.
help spider

Didn't Dr. Deter actually do a rotation with Dr. Quinzel during that little exchange program?
laugh

JACK: I did only open his head *once*. I swear! Now, where did I leave my buzzer…

Jack: what Selina calls the Joker in Chris Dee’s Catwoman Tales
Honestly, I probably review every sentence like... 8-9 times once it's in final draft form. So I appreciate knowing which ones hit.
smile1 And yeah, I know that feeling.

You know, I went back and forth with this. […] LOL - suffice to say, I agree, and I deeply overthought the bikini change.
Yeah. When I think about what I plan for in *** - *** ***** ***** I so totally get it.

And next year, y'all are getting a little 5-page cozy Christmas story, lol.
rotflol
Next year guess: Mary, is that you?

I know Clark wins for the senior citizens' home piece, but every time it's suggested there is a more impactful story out there than what we see Lois investigate, foil, and write, it deeply strains my ability to suspend my disbelief.
It’s probably audience exhaustion. And a lot of sheer luck vs. Clark’s hard work. Plus, they might disqualify her for becoming too involved in her stories. It’s not good journalistic craftsmanship.

LOIS (post season two): But…but…*HIM* /points at Clark/ He’s… /throws up hands/ Gah! At least with Batman, there’s no story to get involved with.

VICKI VALE: wave

Don't forget that geriatric pregnancies start at 34. 27 is breaching spinster material here. Those career girls really affected the national average for marriage/pregnancy ages! (Huzzah for choices!)
laugh

Glad you commented on this, actually. This was an upgrade after you mentioned you wanted her to behave worse in one of my other stories. Here you go!
jawdrop thud

The answer to your question is that they didn't break in the story because they didn't break irl when I sat down hard on them on a hard chair.
Eep!

Honestly, probably a good point, but beyond my expertise. I have an acquaintance that is an electrician, and he's received a couple 'shocks' that had him in the hosptial. So I figured it was enough to run with.
smile1 Probably not household lines. Or very unlucky.

So, YEAH, Griffin was my little tool to mentally shred her for the sole purpose of 'kiss it and make it better.'
Oh yes you did!

LOIS: mad

And THIS is a genius plot bunny! Randy sent Ralph over to the Planet as his corporate spy!
laugh And here I figured he just pawned off a bad employee. His sister’s husband’s brother-in-laws’ cousin.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Not in this story, but check back in after a year or two and we'll see if that outline had become a draft.
hyper

I have to admit that I had my head in my hands at the sheer number of times you correctly predicted this plot up until now.
So when I read this I cackled. Gotcha!
laugh Well, I guess I should have known better, given how the first Prankster episode ended on a similar fake-out. My main defense is Chekov. You let Griffin escape without a proper conclusion. It’s only natural to expect him to turn up again to finish what he started and/or get caught. /adjusts training set for Large Language Model ‘AI’/

Nice catch. Sara is helping me (enormously) with some beta-ing. So aside from this being her a response to her prompts, I'm trying to add this little touch into every story in 2024. We'll see if I accomplish that!
Awwww

/feeds prompt/ Lois gets painted with tar or superglue at back while wearing a bikini. Clark’s tried to help her up and gets stuck with his hand there.

Y'all said it was a CHRISTMAS FIC-A-THON! Y'all got every single Christmas reference I could wedge into this.
rotflol

You know, in 2008 we had a ficathon on the nfic side. It was called a Smutathon.

At the speed at which Superman can move... he's also the one cleaning the house.
SUPERMAN: So Lois has more time in the bedroom.

I decided she'd only really notice it (as a positive thing) after she'd changed her perspective on him a little. Gotta get that ugly tie trope in there.
Cleverly done!

...and thanks for mentioning that because I think I'm going to request that this and the epligoue get judged together. They're really one piece anyway. I'll remember that for next year!
laugh

THANK YOU! I was so excited when I was able to work that! Chekhov and Dickens did so much heavy lifting for me in this story!
smile1

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Martha would do it, too!
evil

Yup, just move right on to the epilogue, friend, for this gag to resolve. It's short.
/points at FDK/ Also, it’s about 1/3 of this story according to reader mode.

Thank you. I really do appreciate the kind words. I know I've said it before, but it's always such a joy to see what hit by reading your FDK and seeing the story through your lens!
smile1

Eeeeeeeeexcellent. I'm a quick study.
I'll have to give it some though to see if I want to disguise myself or not on the next GTA. Might be fun to play 'Stump Michael.' We'll see how the story goes!
Yes, those can be fun. Also, I’m probably easier to stump than Sara and Bek with their mad editor powers.

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard