Hi FoLCs!

Welcome to the first Kerth Quiz of 2024: WAFFY Story love

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY!: All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best WAFFY Story category but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are more fantastic stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 7 randomly chosen ones.
(Instructions are blatantly copied/linked from previous Kerth Quizzes.)

RECOMMENDATIONS: Don't forget that recommendations for other eligible stories in this category are *very* welcome and encouraged! So don't forget to add these in a section after your guesses!

QUIZ RULES: One point each for getting the story and author from the quote. Plus, shiny gold stars for those who recognize their own stories. Please don't forget to mention which number you're answering. Rule recap: Open hard drive and open boards (+AO3!), *don't* forget to snip out the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler tag when you post in the replies thread.
(Yay for spoiler tags!)

CATEGORY: Ah, those Warm and Fuzzy Feelings. These fun, feel-good stories are full of the cozy, happy moments that make us smile and the romantic moments that make us swoon. Apparently the kids these days call it “fluff”...so this category is ALL about the fluff!

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Sunday, January 28, 2024, by 11:59 p.m (Eastern Time Zone).

Here’s the full list of Eligible Stories.

Here are the full quiz instructions: Countdown to Kerth Quizzes Extended Instructions and Disclaimers.

Please post your answers HERE.

Good luck!
Evie
hyper hyper hyper

love EXCERPT #1:
“Are you okay?” I ask quietly. “I missed you this morning.”

“Mmm, yeah, I’m okay.” He nods and straightens up with a small smile that holds just a hint of sadness. “But I missed you too.”

His hands slide up and down my arms, sending more of that familiar warmth through me. He starts to lean in to kiss me, but he freezes as the ruckus starts up behind him again. At least this time, it’s a good-natured discussion about some movie that just came out in the theater.

I set my hands on his chest, and he gazes at me, his eyes dark with desire, before brushing a light kiss on my cheek and pulling away to help the kids finish getting ready for their day. He convinces the girls to put their dishes in the sink and Jon to wipe the table clean, and I still can’t help smiling as I watch him.

If anyone was meant to be a father, it’s him. Endless patience—which I definitely do not have—and just…this way of talking to them that is kind but firm when needed, loving and confident, optimistic and genuine. And God, the kids just love him.

It’s the best feeling in the world to me—to see this—and I can’t help the tears that come to my eyes as he lifts Jordan up into his arms, spins him around once, and then sets him down.

love EXCERPT #2:
Clark looked at Lois.

“Tattoo?” Lois just gave a wry smile. “You have a tattoo?”

“Come on.” She pulled him back to the dance floor. The next song started and the crowd sang to the chorus.

“Valentine, Peter, Nicholas, we’re No Saints Christopher, Andrew, Paul we’re No Saints.”

The crowd cheered when the song finished. The next song was slower and Clark held Lois close.

“Where’s this tattoo then?” He whispered in her ear.

“Your right hand is almost on it.” She said and stared into his eyes. Clark looked at his right hand which was on the small of her back and he was shocked to see that his pinkie and ring finger had slipped behind the waist of her jeans, he moved it up.

“One day I might show it to you.” Clark swallowed.

love EXCERPT #3:
This isn’t just my here and now, it’s my future and my life. Our lives.

“I love you, Lois Lane.”

“I love you too, Clark Kent. Can we please go home now?”

He laughs as we lower through the clouds and back to solid ground.

“Did you wish upon a star?” I ask him.

“No. I don’t need to. I’ve got everything I need right here.”

love EXCERPT #4:
“Why did you come back?” she asked.

His expression shifted, and she thought his arms tightened around her.

“I thought it over and decided that it might really be considered a state of emergency if you lost your mind. A lot of people count on you and the stories that you write. The criminals you expose make a big difference in the lives of people in Metropolis.”

She was unexpectedly touched.

He thought she made a difference.

Him.

The Superhero who had re-defined ‘making a difference’ in Metropolis.

“Thank you,” she said thickly.

“You’re welcome,” he said, voice a little lower than it had been.

love EXCERPT #5:
I cup his cheek and make him look at me. “You’re human in every way that counts, more than most of us, I’d say.”

My eyes fill with tears as I see him so thoroughly defeated. He shouldn’t be feeling so sad. What I wouldn’t give to kiss him and make him feel better. All these confusing feelings I have for him bubble up in my chest, this strong surge of love and belonging I always feel in his presence. It seems even stronger now that I know who he truly is, what he went through for me. I promised myself to ignore them, because how could I expect Clark to love me?

But it’s too much to contain. “That’s why I love you so much.”

Perhaps he needs to hear it.

love EXCERPT #6:
I see Clark look around for me, and as his dark eyes meet mine, he smiles and winks at me. He greets a few people as he walks toward me. I start to have butterflies in my stomach as he gets closer. Even after all of this time, I still look forward to being with him. We’ve been through a lot together, and this next year we’ll be expanding our family.

Christmas Eve, I surprised him with the best gift. We didn’t think it was possible, especially when Dr. Klein told Clark a few months ago that it was impossible. But I’m pregnant. We may have only been married a little over a year, but it was time. I never thought I would want to be a mom, until I married Clark.

“Hi,” he says as he comes up to me and takes my hand. “How are you feeling?”

“Better now that you’re here,” I tell him, reaching up to kiss him briefly on the lips. Instantly he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. Before I can protest, he kisses me with more passion than I wanted in front of all of our friends.

A few seconds later, he pulls back, and both of us are out of breath. I put my hands on his chest.

“That was some new year’s kiss,” I whisper.

“You ain't seen nothin' yet,” he says with a wicked smile.

love EXCERPT #7:
“Lois, it’s over. Everything is okay now.”

“How can you say that so easily?” she whispered sorrowfully.

“Because you're here with me, and because I love you,” he answered.

“You do?” she asked, struck by his sincerity.

It was almost like she could feel him, like before, only instead of fear, there was confidence, a powerful certainty that would not be denied as he stood up. He went around the table and then knelt by her side.

She sniffled and gave a happy sob. “You should know, on the day of the wedding . . . I stopped it because – because I couldn’t picture myself with anyone but you, Clark."

Clark startled. “You did?!”

She nodded, taking his hands with hers. “I knew then. I knew I loved you then.”

smile1Good luck, everyone!

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

In order to help you find all things Kerth for this year, we’ve created a TOC for all the 🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

The Kerth Committee
(KSaraSara, Darth Michael, lovetvfan, and JadedEvie)