Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
P

Last edited by SuperBek; 01/22/24 04:17 PM.
Blogger
Blogger
AHH how cute! Picked it by title and this is exactly what I needed tonight. Rather unexpectedly I loved the first person Lois POV also.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Star City
Ok, well, we're already off to an auspicious start with this reference!

Superman decided Lois needed a distraction from her bad dreams... Within five minutes Clark was walking down the hallway toward Lois’ apartment.
Awwwww. I just love that Clark went, and not Supes! clap

She walked over to Clark’s empty desk and sat down. Nothing was left of his presence, only his memories.
Oh no... worst dream ever!

“I just wanted to feel close to Clark,” Lois sighed, wiping her index finger across the mental desk.
Ugh, this is so sad. whinging

When he heard her screaming his name, he had to get into the apartment as fast as he could.
I love when he throws away rules for her!! It's one of my favorite things because he's so often a stickler for rules!

If she ever switched shampoos, he would never forget the floral smell of vanilla rose.
It's so, so sweet that this is permanently ingrained because of her!

She grinned as he held out the gifts to her...
I love that the treats totally makes her forget that this is impossible that anything like this would be open at this hour in Metropolis. lol Gifts are my love language, too, Lois!

“Clark, if you hurry, I might share,” she stated.
This is so classic Lois! rotflol

...Clark was alive and a reminder of how her fantasies could become reality.
That's such a wonderfully delicious ending for them! love

This is such an overall sweet piece of writing! It puts them right in place to confront some intense and scary emotions together. I just love that Clark comes to her aid because he can't help it!!

Columnist
Columnist
This was a really sweet story and very different from the usual TOGOM stories out there. I love the ending and how warm and cozy the whole thing felt.

I am going to guess: CarrieRene

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, Clark to the rescue! Such a sweet little story.

I'm guessing Blueowl

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that Clark was able to comfort Lois .
The part where Clark gets Lois a peppermint mocha made me feel thirsty for one too . The part where Lois dreams Clark was forgotten was heartbreaking .

Im guessing either Jaded Evie or Blind Passenger.

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Author!

Disclaimer: there’s guesses all throughout. If you haven’t guessed yourself yet, beware!

Midnight Mochas

Author’s Note: This takes place right after That Old Gang of Mine episode in Season Two.
It’s the shortest of the bunch. Could be Queenie. Then again, it contains an author note. Would Queenie be this devious and plant such an elaborate herring?

It was early morning; the dark skies were clear as Superman flew around Metropolis. He was coming back from a train derailment in Star City when he heard her voice.
Not her style, though. Blind Passenger or CarrieRene? Oh, also DC universe reference. Who does that…hmm…

He had made it a habit very early in their partnership to zone in on her heartbeat. Many times, this had saved her life, and other moments, it made him relax knowing she was safe.
Someone copying KSaraSara’s heartbeat kink?

But what was coming from her apartment was anything but peaceful. Superman heard Lois’ heartbeat rapidly increasing and the sounds of her mumbling. When he finally neared the apartment, he stayed in the sky for a moment as he looked through the walls. He found her thrashing in bed
There’s a story kind of like that ages ago. On the other side of the boards.

Superman decided Lois needed a distraction from her bad dreams,
Nope, that story did not have *bad* dreams.

Knocking on the door, he turned his head slightly to hear if she was moving inside.

Lois was standing in the bullpen of the Daily Planet, looking over at the empty desk. She couldn’t believe it was over. Superman couldn’t help. Emil Hamilton was in jail, and even if he could help her, she doubted his ability. No one could bring back her best friend.
Ooooh… dreaming of TOGoM. But… you guys know that Tank isn’t playing, right?

“I just wanted to feel close to Clark,” Lois sighed, wiping her index finger across the mental desk.
Poor dear!

“Who?” Jimmy questioned, shaking his head. “Lois, you need a vacation.
Oh, that’s evil!

Lois started running toward the elevator. She needed to find someone who remembered him. Someone who wouldn’t forget.
Superman?

As she ran up the steps, she heard the sounds of loud rapid knocking on a door. Stopping instantly, she turned her head.
Quite surreally done clap

Clark,” she screamed. “Come back.”
Ooooooh, nice!

Suddenly she felt his touch and the sound of his voice.

“Clark,” she whispered.
Hehehe. That Chekov’s Listening was a nice touch!

He couldn’t stand it. When he heard her screaming his name, he had to get into the apartment as fast as he could. It didn’t matter how many questions she would have — he had to get to her.
LOIS: Clark, where is my front door?

“Clark, it was horrible. I couldn’t believe it. Everyone had forgotten about you. No one knew who you were. I can’t stop having these nightmares,” she explained, trying to pull away from him.
This isn’t good. Not good at all. Bad, Clark! Bad!

If she ever switched shampoos, he would never forget the floral smell of vanilla rose.
Awww… also, I thought he wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a line up any more.

Hint: Lois is the one with chocolate breath.

Also, I’m leaning very much towards Blind Passenger because of the senses stuff. Since Morgana isn’t playing.

pulling the blankets over her scantily clad body.
I like how Clark made no mention and Lois immediately goes there.

She grinned as he held out the gifts to her, and suddenly the embarrassment of him seeing her in silky pajamas didn’t matter. This man was a gift.
laugh Gimme!

Then she took the treats out of his hand and disappeared out of the bedroom.

She is adorable!

. Yes, the nightmares were over, and Clark was alive and a reminder of how her fantasies could become reality.

The End
What a sweet Christmas treat!

Prompts

Want:
-Pre-engaged/friendship Lois and Clark
-Peppermint mocha
-Clark smells Lois’ hair

Don’t want:
-Songfics
-Tempus
-Lame excuses
I did think the smelling and the peppermint might be prompts. Which could also throw guessing based on those off…

Hmmm…

For now I’ll stick with
CarrieRene, because the prompts might be Blind Passenger and the style matched CarrieRene best.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Short and good. It took me a moment to figure out what's going on sometimes but that might be intentional. And of course Lois would not pay attention to the fact no one would have opne in the middle of the night, even in MEtropolis. It's about chocolate after all, so who cares? Liked the story.

Guesses...Due to the length (or rather shortness), the DC refference, and the abruptness of some of the scenes (as in we get thrown in the middle of something), I was going to say QueenOfTheCapes. However, after having read the Channuka story, that seems to be a more likely candidate for her...IDK. Who else writes short fics like this? Hrm...I'm gonna say CarrieRene, then.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
Features Writer
So sweet, and glad Clark intervened, though I do think Lois is going to have some questions for him once she fully processes things. What kind of bakery is open at 3am in the morning?

My guess: CarrieRene. smile

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Short and sweet. Nothing over-complicated. Just a nice follow up to one of my favorite episodes. Sometimes that's just the sort of story I need to read.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This story was great! I think Carrie wrote it! I'll be back later with better fdk!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer

EEEEEE!!!!!! love

Such a beautiful story!

My guess: Carrie! cool

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Awwwwww! I love the idea of Clark hearing Lois have a bad dream and then going to comfort her!! SO sweet!! And eeek! I’m glad you started off with Clark’s POV because Lois’s POV would have been so much more devastating! I’m glad it was a dream! Loved having a tiny bit of angst balanced with the waffy!

What made me guess Carrie? Ahh, she and Michael (and Bek) have a thing for really giving Lois all the chocolate she craves. You and Bek are all about the chocolate croissants, and Bek’s not playing. Heehee! Plus you always tend to have really good last lines that kinda encompass the mood and tone of and idea of the story! laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Clark to the rescue! Chocolate and peppermint mocha are a good cure for a nightmare though maybe Clark himself is the cure. Thanks for a sweet story! I love it!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard