Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
P

Last edited by SuperBek; 01/22/24 04:13 PM.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
All the Kents down in Smallville liked Christmas a lot; but Miss Lane, who lived quite far from Smallville, did not.
OMG, I AM ALREADY SO HERE FOR THIS STORY!!! Amazing, bold start!!!

...that'll definitely melt the ice and get him under my tree, if you get my drift.” She grinned wickedly.
Yaaaaassssss, I love a topical Cat Grant! So funny!

He leaned against the coffee station and gave her his suavest look. “You're always welcome under *my* Christmas tree, Cat…”
rotflol OMG, I can totally see this! Poor Jimmy!

Lois could feel a sense of panic building, but she tried not to show it. “Oh, that's, really nice of you…generous, even…Um…”
“And you're in charge of Hanukkah!” he announced with a broad grin.
THIS. IS. WONDERFUL.

“Got it straight from the horse's mouth: Someone did a bunch of whining that Christmas wasn't inclusive enough, so HR decided to axe it.
This is such a delicious example of this TYPE of guy - both today and in the 90's - that just makes me want to slap the stupid off of him. You're not getting LESS Christmas - you're getting MORE holiday!

Clark frowned. “I thought Stephanie wasn't speaking to you.”
CAN'T IMAGINE WHY RALPH! This is such a great tidbit!

The young gofer stood straighter.
This is now my favorite subplot of this fic. lol

When Jimmy returned to the copier room, he officially did not see Cat Grant sitting in the middle of the floor, surrounded by uncrumpled papers, the empty fishbowl in her lap.
I maintain my previous position. rotflol

frequently ducking out of the office with the flimsiest excuses (were his own excuses that bad?!)
YES! rotflol

“You're either jolly, or you're the Grinch.”
Ooof, that's so very real. This whole section had such a spot-on description of why Christmas is 'complicated.'

“And now, I get to see a completely different holiday go down in flames,” Lois lamented.
Bahhahaa. That's a great joke. Because of the menorah - because you light the... that's ridiculously punny.

“Not yet,” he said, “but give me a few days. Maybe I can't fix Christmas for you, but I promise: this will be the best Hannukah you ever had!”
Awwwwww, leave it to Clark.

“Eduardo! How are things going?” She beamed at him.
Eduardo Friaz looked her over, warily. “I'm married, Cat.”
I stan SAVVY EDUARDO!

“Santa is going to need more coal this year,” he grumbled.
SPOT ON.

assuming that Hannukah did in fact involve an armadillo somehow.
Is this... IS THIS A FRIENDS REFERENCE???? shock rotflol

His face broke into a grin. “Well, I know you're Orthodox and all, but in order to make this work, we're going to have to break the rule against working on the day of Shabot.”
He dodged her thrown kitchen towel with a laugh.

Nice one!

“And speaking of money, here's some chocolate coins!”
That's right, Clark... move us right off the Superman having money and running errands questions! This whole section is so concise and beautifully story-teller-y, which really fits in with the theme and the holiday.

“This is nice,” she admitted.
His eyes widened slightly, but then he gave her a soft smile. “Yeah. It is.”
And it's even snoooowwwwing... love

“Sometimes, the idea that things will get better seems as impossible as a fire burning for eight days straight on a one day supply of fuel, or a virgin having a baby. But sometimes…” Lois turned to Clark and smiled. “Sometimes, one ray of light is enough to remind you that impossible things can still happen…"
Awwww. She really found the spirit of the season, didn't she?

“as my grandfather used to say on every holiday: They tried to kill us, we survived, now let's eat.”
So real, lol. And omg, Rehalia Rosenbaum. I just caught that!

He was the best dog in the whole world,” she remembered.
Awwwwwwwww. A little Christmas miracle. whinging

This was amazing! It was like the lost holiday episode that we never got! Just so jam-packed with a million incredible tidbits. And soooooo refreshing to get a Hanukkah story in the mix that felt really alive!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that Lois finally found some holiday spirit .
The part where The old lady got the mug made me feel misty-eyed . The part where Clark helped Lois cook was sweet .

Guesses.... Ok, guessing Toomi or Bakasi, which means I might need to revise some earlier guesses. Actually, Jaded Evie, is your commenting here a double bluff? XD I'm guessing Evie.

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I loved Lois plan to evade Christmas backfiring on her so tremendously. It was fun reading how she tried to get out of the corner she'd trapped herself in. So glad Clark helped and found out about Hanukkah.

Thanks so much for writing and sharing.

I believe this was Queen of the Capes' story.

Last edited by bakasi; 01/06/24 12:35 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
This was such a funny comedy of errors! I can totally see Lois trying to make up anything to get out of preparing the annual Christmas party and then getting in WAYYY over her head. I absolutely loved the direction this went in and have a ton of fun reading it.

I am going to guess: Bakasi

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois really needs to think before she leaps lol And then she keeps on digging herself in deeper.....
She was very lucky Clark was there to help her out. I really liked the dreidel and cooking scenes :3
All the side stories reminded me of a Star Trek TNG episode that focused on the lower decks. Very neat.

Anyway, my guess: CarrieRene

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
All the Kents down in Smallville liked Christmas a lot; but Miss Lane, who lived quite far from Smallville, did not.

I see what you did there wink

...assuming that Hannukah did in fact involve an armadillo somehow.

laugh

Edited to add my guesses.... and it's getting much more challenging as I start ticking names off the list.

I have Bakasi, JadedEvie, Blind Passenger and Queenofthecapes as potential authors.

Last edited by Toomi8; 01/14/24 02:26 PM.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Of all the ficathon bits I read so far, this one was probably the most hilarious and funny. I laughed out loud multiple times while reading, to the point where I probably would have gotten some strange looks hadn't I been alone in the house at the time. The backfiring of Lois' plan was so funny and TBH, she kind of deserves all the pain haha. I'm actually half-and-half on whether Perry genuinely believed her and wanted to be more inclusive or knew the entire team it was just another lame excuse of her and wanted to get her for it. Speaking of lame excuses, I foudn it soo funny that for once, it's Lois and not Clark who has to deal with those lol. I'm semi-surprised Clark, also known as word-traveling guy who speaks 300 languages and has a super-memory, wasn't already knowing a lot of stuff about Channuka but well, I don't mind, the fun made so up for it. Lois stumbling a bit into her speech but then finding a good tone in the end worked well. These whole "let's make the holiday celebrations more inclusive" bit reminds me of my high school wher,e at some point, they decided to be inclusive, so they renamed the annual Christmas Celebration into "Year's end celebration" instead - of course, the effect was ruined by still playing Christmas song and reading christmas stories... The subplot with Jimmy and Cat also made me laugh a lot. And that last scene...priceless. We can only hope that senior's residence don't have an inhabitant called Clark...

Guesses...I'm mostly sure it's QueenOfTheCapes (although I also woudln't it put past SAra to have writen this...). The only thing that lets me doubt really is the length...but then there are this shorts "parts" in it that sounds like QOC again...ah wahtever, I'll log in QOTC.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Author!

Disclaimer: there’s guesses all throughout. If you haven’t guessed yourself yet, beware!

It’s a long one. Not Queenie then.
A rhyme fic?
Also shock “Miss Lane”? Queenie, is that you? /checks story/ It’s long, but many short parts. Hmmm…

Or at least, that’s how it seemed to Clark.
Clark calling his Mistress “Miss Lane” at the office did track.

, his partner remained completely focused with typing on her computer.
LOIS: Story! Kerth! Shoo!

The only clue that she might not be utterly oblivious to the festive atmosphere was a glare on her features that deepened every time someone wished her a merry Christmas. Clark half expected her to reply with a “Bah, Humbug”.
It’s intricately worded and has a sort of bubbly fun to it. Yes, it could be Queenfic here.

“Alright,
Spelling hint!
/edit: searches boards/
Hm…nope, nothing specific. And if I hadn’t already tapped Blueowl and Bek would also be playing, I might be in trouble. Now this leaves Evie and Mary. I stick with Mary because I already know her comedic chops and there’s a ton of hints for Queenfic.

java station
Another hint!
/searches/
And exactly one hit on the search laugh

The response from the crowd averaged out to a non-committal hum, and most began drifting back to their respective desks.
Oh, that’s cute!

, “If these Completely Voluntary positions don’t get filled,
Mandatory volunteerness. I love it!

paychecks a merry Christmas.
Need to check if most US authors use lowercase or uppercase ‘merry’. Also, would Queenie be this devious?
/researches/
Ah, lower case is the proper form for middle for the sentence.

Is that so much to ask?”
I forgot: yes.

Just what?” Perry raised an eyebrow. “Another fish died, this year? You’re coming down with Seasonal Affect Disorder again and don’t want to be contagious? Your Great Aunt Matilda is visiting from out of town, somehow, despite having died when you were four?”
Still funny!

Lois winced at that last one. “No, of course not, Perry, I just…uh…I’m…Jewish!”
jawdrop
/goes and marks fic down as Queenfic/
(Mary does a lovely comic that sports a Jewish Lois.)

. “I never really had a reason to mention it before,
In the comic it’s also understated, just a necklace and some background stuff at home. I think a menorah is seen on the mantle.

completely Jewish. Orthodox, even!
Not with those skirts, Missy!

So, you see, going to a Christmas party would be completely against my religion.”
She’s good when she’s bad clap

Perry blinked. “Uh…well. That…certainly changes things. I’ll…uh…have a word with HR.” He headed towards the elevators, looking slightly perplexed.
How Lois Lane killed Christmas.
PERRY: I have talked with HR and got a memo from the board. In order to avoid lawsuits and to make sure our best and brightest don’t quit because we offend them, there will be new policies instituted:

No more Christmas party or decorations or games at the office. You may quietly wish your colleagues ‘happy holidays’ after you have both left the building premises.

No more clothing that does not cover at least the elbows and knees and neck while sitting down. Heels have a limit of half an inch max.
CAT: /arrives at the office dressed in a bikini, elbow and knee protectors, and a silk scarf around the neck/ What?

No more flirting or telling of romantic exploits or otherwise engaging in anything that is not a professional work relationship.
LOIS: Does this mean Cat is now gonna charge her gentleman callers?

“Well, there’s a lot about me you don’t know,” Lois replied. She cleared her throat and stood. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have important things to do. Have fun with your holiday…party…thing.” And then she practically bolted for the stairs.
What is she up to? Does she have to get rid of holiday cheer back home? Nah. Then what… oooooh, continue reading to find out. Duh!

At the coffee station, Cat sidled up to Jimmy as he was signing his name on the line for Secret Santa Organizer. “Ah, so you’re the man I need to talk to!”
Going to have requests on how her stocking should’ve stuffed? Or who should do the stuffing?

Jimmy’s fingers fumbled as he tried to set the pen down, but he managed to catch it before it could fall into the coffee pot. “Uh, what?”
rotflol

She grabbed the lapel of his jacket and spun him around to face her. His heart raced. “Clark Kent.
Now who would have guessed? She wants Clark to stuff her stocking.

I need to be his secret Santa.
Oops? Hmm… close enough.

. I’ve got a gift idea for him that’ll definitely melt the ice and get him under my tree, if you get my drift.”. She grinned wickedly.
Let’s hope she won’t meet him decked out like a Christmas tree.

Perry thinks we’re better off with just slips of paper and a fish bowl.”
Yes. That way people can make sure it’s on the up and up.

. “You’re always welcome under *my* Christmas tree, Cat…”
Jimmy!

Jimmy sighed. “Maybe next year, then.”

Part Three
Certainly short enough part-scenes (or is it scene-parts?) for Queenfic. It did not feel 100% like Quuenfic dialog/setup though. Less innuendo usually. She might be trying to throw innocent readers off, though.

we’re going to include a little more variety in the festivities.”
Like they did on Babylon 5, when they presented humanity’s collection of believes to the alien dignitaries!

“And you’re in charge of Hanukkah!” he announced with a broad grin.
Oops?

“When the boys in HR heard you were so passionate about not compromising your religion, it made sense that you should take point on making sure your culture is represented properly
evil And why you should start documenting your employees faith and relationship status in the personal file.

“When the boys in HR
And isn’t this a wonderful early nineties reference, the entire HR department being male.

I can’t wait to learn more about your people’s holiday! I understand potato pancakes are involved?”
Perry’s a crack!

A nervous laugh escaped her. Potato pancakes? Was…was he joking? Or was that a real thing?
It never came up on The Nanny that way, and I don’t wanna Google right now, so… moving on. I do think Mary put the odd factoid into her comic, though, it was more than just a gimmick which makes this either a very well researched decoy fic (better researched than TV shows usually are, which, okay, is true for most of the work on the boards) or Queenfic.

“Well, uh, there’s…definitely food…”. That was a safe bet, right?
laugh

Or…wait, didn’t some religions do fasting? What if this was a fasting kind of holiday?
laugh On The Nanny, they joked that each Jewish holiday being about getting stuffed.

Once he was gone, Lois buried her face in her hands and groaned.

Part Four
Yes. Queenfic. And the first time she’ll be up for nomination in the short story category I think instead of super short. Can we call this an Epic Royal?

Just as he started to prepare a coffee for his partner, Ralph appeared by his elbow
You missed a comma there after ‘Ralph’, I think.

“Hey, Kent! Have you heard? They’re canceling the Christmas party and replacing it with some generic Holiday thing!”
Yes, no more secretaries in elf costumes running around and playing Dodge-the-Ralph.

Someone did a bunch of whining that Christmas wasn’t inclusive enough,
laugh

. The red and green decorations are gonna be swapped for beige and taupe, and instead of a tree, we’re going to have a ‘Winter Holiday Plant’
Egg plant based? It works with the color scheme.

I heard it’s going to be a fern or something…”
But not the one from Lois’s desk, right?

Clark frowned. “I thought Stephanie wasn’t speaking to you.”
Cute!

“No, but Rodney down in the presses is. Like I said: straight from the horse’s mouth!”
Telephone game, just like his sources. The reason Perry only has him do dog shows. Doesn’t even let him near the combined Dog and Pony shows after Ralph erroneously reported there was a donkey smuggled in between the ponies. Was a big scandal and all.

. “Well, we probably can’t say the other thing anymore, so Happy Winter Holiday, Clark!”
They could wish Happy Winter Solstice!

“Uh…” Clark stared in disbelief at the man’s retreating back. “…You too.”

Part Five
Does he already realize that it’s Lois’s fault?

She dove into the room, closing the door behind her. “Are those the names for the secret santa?”
Okay, why am I flashing to Soviet-era honey trap espionage?

Cat advanced. “Jimmy…I will give you ten dollars if you leave me alone with that fishbowl for a few minutes.”
laugh That’s cheap!

Cat sighed. “I know the phone number of a girl in Research who thinks you’re cute.”
That’s playing dirty!
CAT: I’m a dirty dirty girl!

Jimmy stared down at the fishbowl for a bit. “Hey, Cat? I suddenly have to go to the bathroom for a few minutes. Could you watch this for me while I’m gone?”
rotflol

“Alright, Studville, where are you…”
Need to check if Studville was used before. But so far, thus is still showing all the signs of Queenfic.
/edit: searches… nope/

Part Six
/checks scroll/
Is this actually gonna be 24 parts to match the 24 days of Advent?

After all, if anyone in the Planet actually celebrated Hanukkah, they would have said something about the Christmas party before now, right?
Yeah nope.

and a whole lot of Grade A Bull—
Clark could fly that in from the farm. And if Lois draws Ralph, she can package the unused rest for her dear colleague.

The two men smiled at her. “Hi, yourself!” Frank said. “We heard you arranged for us to finally have some representation at the party.”
Hehehe

…Us?! Did he say ‘Us’?!
👆

“Very…culturally appropriate and…traditional. Now, if you’ll excuse me…”
Library. Or a synagogue.

Lois closed her eyes and resisted the sudden urge to scream.
Please excuse me while I do not resist my sudden urge to laugh.

When Jimmy returned to the copier room, he officially did not see Cat Grant sitting in the middle of the floor, surrounded by uncrumpled papers, the empty fishbowl in her lap.
laugh

Cat looked startled. “Some names were picked already?”

“Well, yeah.” Jimmy reached down and took the fishbowl from her. “People have been picking names from it since this morning.”
Hehehe.

“Hey, wait! What about that phone-number?!” Jimmy called, but the door swung shut behind her.
He can probably forget about that. Can be lucky in fact if Cat doesn’t finger him as some kind of incestuous pervert.

frequently ducking out of the office with the flimsiest excuses (were his own excuses that bad?!)
Not to his neighbor’s fishes’ cat.

As soon as he stepped inside, she closed the door behind him and locked it again. “Hey. Um, are you okay?”
Worried about spies?

Lois threw her hands in the air and whirled to face him. “Everything! I screwed up big time!”
She could always hire on at the Star or another publication with a much less rigid relationship with the truth.

I’ll probably have to convert now, just to save face!
laugh

Can you even convert to Judaism if you’re a woman? Don’t they have to cut something off?!”
rotflol 🥕✂️

“Woah, hang on there.” Clark reached out to still her now-frantic pacing. “You’re…not Jewish?”
Yes, Clark. The concept is called ‘lying’. Grown ups do that when they want to avoid negative consequences of an action they did or plan to do.

And trust me, just asking to be left alone isn’t an option.” She sighed again. “You’re either jolly, or you’re the Grinch.”
Oooh, what if Lex tries to get Lois to enjoy his Christmas party ?

but I promise: this will be the best Hannukah you ever had!”
Which should be rather easy. Also, supportive Clark!

Eduardo Friaz looked her over, warily. “I’m married, Cat.”
laugh

“Well, so did I,” Cat replied.
LOIS: I knew she had plastic surgery!

Although…feel free to have your wife ask, if you want an extra happy new year!” She winked.
Awwwww, charitable Cat!

He stepped onto the elevator. “Santa is going to need more coal this year,” he grumbled.
Cat gets chased around the office by Krampus and his switch. Say, Mary, what do you think when you hear ‘Merry Switchmas at the House of Leather’?

“As if we follow the romantic goings-on of our coworkers like it’s a daytime television drama!”
Why else would you go to the trouble of going to work?

“Ooh, is that the one with Rod Hardbody?” Frank asked.

“Yep,” said Todd. “Back when he was Rod Nobody.”
I get the feeling that at least Frank isn’t just Jewish.

They nodded understandingly. Frank reached over and put a hand on Clark’s shoulder. “Well, you and the rest of the Planet are in for a treat. You see…”
This would have been the perfect prank opportunity. But I like it being played straight. Makes it a dignified affair.

His face broke into a grin. “Well, I know you’re Orthodox and all, but in order to make this work, we’re going to have to break the rule against working on the day of Shabot.”
Doesn’t she break that one all the time?

He dodged her thrown kitchen towel with a laugh.
laugh

“Superman got this?!” Lois picked up the second dreidel.

“Um, I asked him for a favor,” Clark replied.
Yes.

do you know where he got the money?”
If you’re fast enough, shoplifting isn’t an issue.

Apparently, the ancient Greeks once conquered Israel and forbade the people from practicing their own religion in their own country.
/runs off to Wikipedia/

Lois nodded absently. This might not be so bad, if chocolate was involved.
I was going to mention chocolate.

He fished a bottle of canola oil out of another bag. “…foods fried in oil are a must!”
laugh

Lois’ good mood evaporated again. Of course there would be cooking.
evil And we already had one story with Lois nearly dying in a grease fire.

and the tasks he gave her to do were simple enough that even someone with her unique culinary skills wouldn’t botch anything.
Bring a glass of water?
Bring a bottle of milk?
Have some wine on the sofa while watching Ivory Tower ?

She caught herself watching the way his muscles moved as he whisked batter while swaying to the Jingle Bell Rock… of course, if he ever looked her way, then she was suddenly completely engrossed in whatever concoction he had her stirring.
Aww, she likes him! And Cat got him as a giftee! Meow!

Maybe next year, she’d even get a tree
laugh

“Merry Christmas,” he replied automatically, then froze. Wasn’t that Peggy from Research? Was she greeting him because she was the one who liked him?
devil

“For the senior center,” she explained cheerfully. “That table is for the Planet’s annual charity drive. Why? Is there something you still want to contribute?”
Oh boy. Also, what will the happy senior say to the boudoir shot of Cat?
thud [Linked Image]

The newsroom looked like an exploded Christmas ornament, with tinsel packed into every nook and holly in every cranny.
Great phrasing!

Off in the corner, Cat, dressed in a shockingly short Santa dress, let out a frustrated groan.
It’s what Mrs Clause wears for her husband’s birthday. Also, that private shot of Cat really is in the stack?

“What can you tell us all about Hanukkah?”
/Goes hunting for that Nanny episode where Fran tells the story to the children. Or, no, wait, that was Gracie telling the story, I think.

Lois took a deep breath. “There was…a… slight mix-up. This is actually my first Hanukkah. I grew up celebrating Christmas. But, I’ve discovered that the two holidays have some things in common.”
shock

“I think it’s very important that both of these holidays are in the middle of winter, when everything is dark and cold and miserable.
She does realize that Moses wasn’t really a blond and blue eyed Charlton Heston, right?

or a virgin having a baby.
There have been a few of those in Smallville, ca 1983.

“So, no matter what your faith is, if you even have one, I just want to wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, and most of all: a Happy New Year.”
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this was beautiful done.

: They tried to kill us, we survived, now let’s eat.”
clap

Lois tugged on Clark’s sleeve. “Clark?”

“Huh?”

She pointed at a spot above him. He looked. Mistletoe.
jawdrop

Lois suddenly leaned up on her tiptoes and kissed him.

Clark stared at her, thunderstruck.

“Merry Christmas, Clark.”
thud

He smiled. “Happy Hanukkah, Lois!”
laugh

“This is new. Some of these have names on them!” He looked out among the half-asleep retirees. “Is there an Agnes here?”
Oooohhhh that’s smart!

Ms. Brunswick sat up in her chair. “I’m Agnes…”

“Someone must have sent this for you, then,” he said, bringing her the item.
What was Clark supposed to get? Feet warmers do he doesn’t get cold feet while Lois is freezing him out?

Inside was a coffee mug, stamped with a picture of a Bassett hound and the phrase “Mondays Can Bite Me”.
Generic office party gift. Check.

“He looks just like Roscoe!” she said.
Ho ho ho.

She smiled at him. “Merry Christmas, David.”

-The End-
Happy Holidays
This was a beautiful story. It think it was the one with the most fun and cheerfulness of the ones I read so far. It kind of popped Christmas / holidays to me. I’ll stick with
our resident QueenoftheCapes because of style and general perkiness.

Want:
-Newsroom chaos with our favorite ensemble characters!
-A plan backfiring
-One perfect, magical, warm holiday moment for Lois and Clark
Hmm, those quotes are just as well thought out as the story itself. I want to say Bakasi, call it a gut feeling. Aside from that, wonderful job on the ensemble and all the other prompts. ChatGPT would not have been able to do a better job. Even if we trained it only on the Archive.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
That was a lot of fun. I guess maybe adults in the 90's weren't getting as much exposure to alternate holidays as I got as a 90's kid (or maybe Lois just lives in her own little world and is somewhat ignorant of other cultures). I went to a Catholic school but I still knew enough about Hanukkah to know menorah, dreidel, and latkes. I was wondering though why nobody just went to the library to check out "Hanukkah for dummies" or something.
Glad Lois fessed up at the end.
Great story.
No guesses from me. Just here to read and enjoy.

Features Writer
Features Writer

Ha! LOVE THIS OPENER!!

Interesting story! Glad Lois fessed up at the end (although I was rooting for SOMEONE to call her out on it earlier!).

My guess: Queen of the Capes cool

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This story was great! I think Queen of the Capes wrote it! I'll be back later with better fdk!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, yall got me. XD

It did not feel 100% like Quuenfic dialog/setup though. Less innuendo usually.

Well, less Cat Grant, usually. wink

I did try to cover my tracks in other ways, but all yall saw right through me. *G*

~•~
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ack, Lois!! Why you do that?? Keep digging yourself in deeper, why don’t you? Can I get you a superhero and a shovel to make your digging more efficient?? 😂 And you know, I was thinking all that numbering of parts that there would be eight . . . for eight days of Hannukah . . . then there were more parts . . . and I’m like . . . hmm, maybe 24 for like advent? But that was wrong too. Very cute story with lots of guest stars and fun characterization!

What made me guess Mary? Gosh, part of it was that . . . she’s the only one of the bunch of ficathoners who’s ever talked about Hannukah and Judiasm in chat—so the extra knowledge of that stuff was a big hint for me. I was so confused! But the short parts made me also think Mary! She managed to give up her precious “two spaces after the period” . . . because she’s cutthroat and loves to win—trickster! 😂 Plus, there was that “Miss Lane” at the beginning . . . which was mildly suspicious given that you’ve been conspiring with Michael to write more of your Miss Lane series. laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I usually divide scenes with asterisks *** and wasn't sure what to replace them with. I wish I had thought of 24 for Advent, but once I passed 12, I just assumed I'd missed my stop and there was nothing else for it. XD

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wish I had thought of 24 for Advent, but once I passed 12, I just assumed I'd missed my stop and there was nothing else for it. XD
Don't worry, Mary, we'll tell you when it's time to stop with the story if you run into this problem the next time. We're a helpful bunch as you well know smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This was very funny! Typical Lois leaping without thinking. Her plan to get out of the Christmas party sure backfired on her. She’s lucky Clark bailed her out. He always has her back. I’m glad she fessed up at the party. The ending in the nursing home was sweet. Thanks for a very fun story and for making me smile!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard