OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Let me know what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Oh, this was beautiful! This is a perfect way to land this thing. I'm so glad they finally had this talk, and yeah, there was nothing he could have done about Lex.

This whole series was wonderful. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us! smile

~•~
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you, Queen of the Capes. So glad you liked this series of ficlets.

Features Writer
Features Writer
:3 They both needed that talk. So glad they had it.
I wonder if Henderson now knows about kryptonite...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Happy Ficlet Friday, everyone. This is the last installment in my Rebuilding A Friendship series . I believe we can tie the rest back into the second season with some chances, so I’ll leave the rest to your imagination.
Hey! wildguy

Every single cell in my body screams with frustration. I start for the door – again. But this time I’m not going to talk myself out of putting on my shoes. Third time’s a charm. I’m going to find Clark; I’ve had enough of waiting and pacing indentations into the floor.
Nice one!

A shiver runs down my spine, so very much like the chill against my suddenly exposed back when he left
/checks back to last part/ hmm… why does this feel like he did more than holding her.

Did something happen to him or did he just decide to better not return to me, even though he said we could still be friends?
Okay, so nothing happened. And as long as they don’t have to attend a high school graduation in about 19 years, ‘nothing’ really had not had happened.

I take a steadying breath, before I snatch the keys from the side board and open the door. Clark looks back at me, his fist raised to knock and his eyes wide with surprise.
laugh

“Luthor is dead,” he mutters. “He jumped from LexTower when Henderson tried to arrest him. I…” He swallows hard and takes a few shaky breaths. “I was too late, I couldn’t save him.”
Look at that. Lex doesn’t need Lois to leave him at the altar to jump. He really is more of a 1920s banker than a 1990s drama queen.

“He still wore that kryptonite pendant when I got there,” he says roughly. “The exposure was brief, but I lost most of my powers anyway.
I’m sure that’s not the first time this comes up: Lex has kryptonite on him when Superman flies to the rescue and they both tumble to the ground. Only question is, which floor does Superman catch up with Lex?

Does it always rattle him so deeply when he can’t save someone?
Yes. And you should see him when he has to get a fresh Lois from the vat. Total wreck every time.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re only human.”
Ahm…

I promised myself to ignore them, because how could I expect Clark to love me?

But it’s too much to contain. “That’s why I love you so much.”

Perhaps he needs to hear it.
Awwwww

Clark squeezes his eyes shut. “Superman is an illusion, Lois. He became what you expected him to be. You said Superman wouldn’t cheat at poker, so I didn’t. You said, whatever Superman could do was enough, so I kept going. When I didn’t know how to go on, you were my conscience, telling me what you thought I should or shouldn’t do.
clap

He cringes. “Remember? I sent you on a wild goose chase into the sewage reclamation facility and threw you in a dumpster.”
Looks like he’s also self sabotaging.

I hold out my hand. “Lois Lane, nice to meet you.”

His fingers close around my hand, so warm and gentle. “Clark Kent. Nice to meet you, too.”
Awwwwww

The light shining in his eyes makes me hope that everything will be all right again. I still have a place in his heart. Given time, I know he’ll let me in.
He’ll have to. Someone got to pay the rent on the place. Having an empty apartment sitting around isn’t a good investment. You just need a tenant that won’t trash the place.

This turned into another truly beautiful little novella clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by DarthMichael
This turned into another truly beautiful little novella

Aww, thank you love

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard