Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
OK, it's up! Hope you all enjoy.

Kathy and Annie

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, it's about time you posted! :p

Great part. I'm glad Lois remembered everything, and then rushed over to see Clark. But you can't end it there! Can you? whinging

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Guys...

That was a sweet story smile1

Meni jump

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay yay yay! She remembered!!! smile1

Well done, both of you - it's a brilliant story! thumbsup

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yaaayyyy!!!!!!

A wonderful conclusion!! I loved Lois remembering the kiss and what Clark had said to her as he left, and then hanging up on Lucy to run over to his apartment! Yay! goofy )

As for Clark... you made him drunk, you guys! goofy But I adored these lines:

"And ... And ... I'm frustrated because I had the most amazing kiss of my entire life last night, and you don't even remember it!"

Lois gasped.

"And for once, just *once*," he went on, his voice continuing to rise. "I wish *I* could get drunk enough to summon the courage to tell you how I really feel!"
And Lois's response. Perfect!!!!

So... they're busy taking advantage of each other, hmmm? Awwww! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow guys!

*I* was intoxicated reading it--made me quite heady. It was wonderful!!!

Barb.

Merriwether
Merriwether
YAY! /me does cartwheels

It's up! smile She remembers! laugh Smoochies! drool dance

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Kathy and Annie,

Wow! I am speechless. I absolutely loved this part -- and the whole story laugh .

I loved how Lois was reliving the kiss and the whole conversation with Lucy. Who would have thought, Lucy is the voice of reason wink .

After all, this was all Lucy's fault. It had been *her* birthday, *her* party, and *her* boyfriend who'd made the drinks. And, now that Lois thought about it, she was pretty sure it had been Lucy who had encouraged her to call Clark in the first place!
LOL!!!!!!!!! I love Lois's logic here smile . Obviously it's all Lucy's fault... there was no way it could be Lois's fault wink .

Alcohol doesn't make you do anything you didn't already want to do. It lowers your inhibitions and blurs your judgment, but it doesn't change who you are or what you want.
Very good point!

And, wow, poor Clark chugging an entire bottle of wine and it still didn't make him drunk! Poor Superman just wants to forget.

And right now, she was much too intoxicated by his kisses to talk.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What a great ending!
I hope if you ever have time again that you collaberate on another fic smile . You both are such good writers individually, and together you might be even better smile .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great ending - especially Lois remembering what Clark said and then running off to see him laugh

Superb story guys wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very, very nice ending. Now, how about an epilogue? laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for such a WaFFy Ending!!! It was wonderful!!! clap

Can we please have an epilogue! You cant leave us here!!!! wildguy I want an explanation for how Clark got drunk!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I am in total agreement with everyone! Anne and Kathy great job. Very hot kisses all around! Where is Marilyn and her fan! I hope we have more from both of you soon. Nice team effort. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You posted! So death threats *do* work! goofy

Very fun stuff. I love the way Lois remembers that last thing Clark said before he ran away wink Lucy is great -- it seems very in character for other people to realize Lois & Clark love each other far sooner than they do smile

Poor Clark -- though one could argue that his predicament is his own fault, for never working up the nerve to say anything... but what the heck, that's in character, too! That said, I'm very glad he finally opened up.

I do think something's missing, though I'm not sure what. An epilog would be good, though. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Whoohooo!!!! Awesome!!!!

<g> So, I'm a woman of few words. <g>

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Blogger
Blogger
smile1
And then she hustled on over to grab him!
thumbsup
Thanks, y'all, claire

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Wonderful! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Bravi!

smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this story! It was sweet and funny with wonderful smoochies....exactly what I like for a WAFF. How about a sequel entitled "Tea and Crumpets" or something like that? I'd love to read more from you any day!

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for all the compliments so far, everyone; we really appreciate it! We've been reading all the calls for an epilogue, though, and you've got us really curious. Are you all asking because you feel the ending isn't satisfying and/or you think it's missing something? Or are these just general "I'm enjoying it so much I don't want it to end" comments? We don't want to ignore any serious problems with the story, but we have to admit we're stumped and we need some direction. We can't think of what an epilogue would include -- there's no angst to make up for, we can't think of any loose ends we didn't tie up, etc. Can you help us out here? We need some more direction. smile

Thanks,

Kathy and Annie

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Think of it as a "We really like it and we want to see more." sort of request. A few more smoochies and so forth (particularly the so forth) wouldn't be a bad thing, as long as you keep it within the parameters of the forum. <g> .

Nan

<edit> I didn't really feel up to being specific last night. I'd been up since about 4 AM and was tired. It just feels to me as if there should be a little more. Maybe a little later when she knows he isn't drunk. ( And more smoochies wouldn't be out of line, either.)

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard