Beat Reporter
T
Chapter is here.

Last chapter will be posted tomorrow!

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This took us on such a ride since the first chapter!

Lex had him locked in a cage, and Superman somehow only escaped, or was released, after Lex’s death.
That's so, so much worse that the show. This opening to this chapter is such a gut-punch!

I try to move toward the cage but find my vision blurring. Dropping to my knees, I try to regain my equilibrium and fight through the dizzy spell as Superman continues to try to break through the cage. I want to scream along with him.
This truly feels so hopeless - and you've really captured the anguish. She'll 'die' if she fights through; her relationship with him dies if she doesn't.

It’s taking everything in me to stay conscious and I wonder for a moment if this is it.
This would also be tragic - if she saves 'herself' but never really knows how her (and Clark's) future changes.

“Wake up,” I mutter as urgently as I can in Superman’s ear as I rest for a moment. I can’t risk raising my voice as the sound will carry up the stairs. “Please, I need you to wake up.”
“Lois?”
I’m startled at the murmur. Is he reacting to my voice or the wedding feed?
Even without knowing, this is so poignant - he always rallies for her. whinging

They’re going to be too small I’m sure...
Fun detail! lol

As my heart rate recovers, I think that having the cage out of sight and not glowing will give the police less to wonder about.
I'm glad you had Lois hide the cage again because it's interesting to think about this! Does it stay hidden forever in Lex Tower? Or does the rumor get around eventually about the mass of Krpytonite hiding in the building, if you can get in. I wonder if this ever would have popped up again if the series had gone on.

Seeing proof of my demise should be unnerving, yet in a bizarre moment, it’s a relief.
That's reassuring! I know this is 'time out of sorts,' but it's still hard not to like the version of Lois you've created, and therefore hard to imaging her ending.

...the disappearing acts he pulled that one precious year we worked together...
I love how you've imbued this with her POV with one simple word - it harkens back to that moment she takes the leap to trust Wells in the first place.

As his arms embrace her, there’s an explosion within me, as though I’ve hit my head hard enough to see stars. I feel a surge of adrenaline and my surroundings are so bright they’re almost blinding....
I am completely at peace.
mecry This whole section is so moving. I thought it would be difficult to let go of this character, but this really hits just the right note to accomplish it.

I can't believe Clark NEVER knew what happened! Going into this, I was sure she'd break down and tell him for a classic team-up, lol -- but it was nice to see an older, more softened but more wise, and possibly more resourceful Lois putting herself into the role of protector. They're stronger together, but she can still save them if they're apart. I love that ending for her. clap

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
What a climax to this awesome story. Think it’s wonderful that our older Lois was seeing the life she would lead by fixing the timeline.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Glad Lois could save Clark. Now I'm waiting for the last chapter

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard