Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
EEEEEEEE!!!! This has been a long time coming because RL keeps getting the better of both of us!

And speaking of RL, it's a real beast for Socomama right now, and she'd planned on delurking to be the one to post this for us, but RL is pretty much only allowing time for writing and not much else. mecry She wants me to let you all know that while she may not have time to respond to any feedback, she's going to be reading it and loving it dearly!

This is Socomama's DEBUT FIC in this fandom! It does seem a bit self-serving for me to ask you to show her the love with the feedback, considering it's a co-written piece by the both of us, but I feel like this is just as much her baby as it is mine! And we're both dying to know what you think!

This story is complete in 9 parts, and I'll be posting... I dunno... every other day? Maybe faster? lol

Here's Chapter 1!!

Hope you enjoy!!!

Sara and Socomama! smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
EEEEEEEEE!!!!! party

I've been waiting to get to read this!!!! Love love love this start!! So much more realistic that Clark would have ALL THE ANXIETY about Luthor being back!! eek I always thought they were both not worried enough.

Can't wait to see where this goes!! smile1

Congrats on your first fic, Socomama!!!!

-Bek

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Awesome start so far. This is more like how I expected Clark to react to the news of Luthor’s resurrection. He seemed a little too calm in the episode when you consider the circumstances and also how he previously reacted to any mention of Luthor. Perry’s reaction to it too was also more realistic given that Luthor destroyed the Daily Planet as a means of isolating Lois (now that I look back is it just me or does anyone else think that Luthor’s behaviour towards Lois is similar to that of what abusers do to their victims?)

Looking forward to the rest!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Blogger
Blogger
Ahh I love this idea! Way more realistic and the trauma response is palpable. <3

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh wow. I wonder if/when Clark will tell her EXACTLY why he fears Luthor so much.....
Looking forward for more ^_^

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I liked this beginning.

Although I must say that Lois made me a little desperate because, despite the initial shock, she continues to underestimate Luthor, since he loves her he won't hurt her. Doesn't she realize that she might not be physically harmed but that everyone around her would be in danger? Luthor has no scruples and if to obtain it he must kill everyone around her, he will do so without hesitation. The explosion of the planet is the biggest test he has (until he finds out about the kryptonite cage).

I hope this is well written. If something is not understood... please correct me.

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I like the beginning of this story. As everyone mentioned, more in tune as to how protective and anxiety filled Clark should have been. I can't wait for the next part. And the next, and the one after that....;)
Sarah

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
SuperBek—YAY!! So glad you like it! I have to give Socomama ALL the credit for the premise, and I love that she fixed that part... Clark would be off the rails with anxiety! And...Lois *should* be!

CrazyBabe—Yes! About the abuser thing! I've seen a lot of pics that make that comparison and it make so much sense! That's exactly what Luthor did. Thanks for the feedback!

LauraHex—Yay! Glad you love it! And yup, so much more realistic!

Blueowl—
no spoilers for you! lol
Gahh! It would sure be wise of him to do that... Thanks for the comments!

CarolD—I definitely think part of Lois's actions and words here are like what CrazyBabe says—Luthor really was an abuser...like a narcissist who isolates their "love" interest and makes them blind to all the dangers. He's evil and he blinded her to his true ways! And she's so busy thinking Clark is just jealous that she can't see the danger from his point of view... but things might change soon... Thanks for reading and the comment!!! love

SarahJ—Ahh thank you! We're glad you love it! Next part coming up soon!

Thank you, everyone!!

Sara and Socomama smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Yay for debut fics!!! And the Phoenix as well, probably my favourite episode. I will scurry over to chapter two!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I love the tension, especially from Clark's side. You're right, he did seem to be too unperturbed by Lex' resurrection in the original episode. Curious for more

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Toomi and Bakasi!! Glad you're enjoying!

Sara smile

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Completely agree with Socomama's plot hole issue. This episode stood out to me as INSANE because the writers clearly wanted to stay focused on the 'almost-first-date' romance plot. The first thing we hear Clark say about Luthor is that 'long fall from a penthouse' when they're in the sewers. The first thing we hear is a wise-crack? For Superman's arch-nemesis and the one person to nearly separate Lois & Clark? So weird! So glad you're taking a more realistic look at this!

Dr. Hamilton brought back Bonnie and Clyde and their gang from the dead. Superman brought you back from the dead! I think this brings us to the logical conclusion that people can be brought back from the dead.
I just love a solid TOGOM reference!

And I would have stayed, his mind supplied. If not at her apartment, outside of it, all night long.
Aww, that one really hit me.

Luthor managing to come back from the dead just in time for their first date was almost Shakespearean.
Yes! And finally, a reason why the pieces of the Phoenix episode make sense!

“Lois,” Perry cut her off, putting a hand on her shoulder. “This man nearly destroyed the Daily Planet for good. It’s either Clark, or we can talk to Henderson about hiring some extra security—your choice. Just until Luthor is no longer a threat.”
This is a great point! At least Perry has some sense!

Clark wondered if he would ever be able to tell her how she alone possessed the unique ability to render Superman vulnerable with just one look.
clap

This is doing an awesome job of marrying together information that the show gave us, which the characters seem to forget on their week-to-week adventures. It's also pulling Clark straight back to the end of season 1 mentally, which really feels like a trauma response. So interesting to see!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh, JadedEvie, thank you!!

Funny note about the TOGOM reference... Socomama had to "fight" to keep that in there because I try to avoid it like the plague! lol Mostly because it REALLY has the tendency to bring up that HUGE unresolved issue later of "omg you pretended you were dead and didn't tell me your secret still!" This area of season 2 is SOOOO rich with fic ideas, but it's like a minefield!! lol

Thank you so much for your feedback!! love

Sara and Socomama smile

1 member likes this: JadedEvie
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I always enjoy a fic with the 'let's do this with a little more realism / maturity' slant. Looking forward to the rest!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard