Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ack! It's the last part!! Chapter 9!

What did you think??

I told Socomama (because this was alllll her idea!!!) that I just LOOOOOVE this revelation SO MUCH! SO MUCH! It's brilliant!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback along the way! We've both appreciated it so much!

Sara and Socomama smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Blogger
Blogger
Second that, I like this take on revelation. I also just adore the subtle humour that is infused into this entire fic, tho I particularly noticed it in this chapter. Also, the wording for their interactions were *on point* throughout, I could picture everything. Mwah, chefs kiss, thoroughly enjoyed.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Yes!!!! Love this so much and Lois giving Lex is deserved comeuppance was fantastic

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Awwwww. What a sweet way to end it. I really loved that Lois kicked Lex's derriere.

Columnist
Columnist
Awe. I loved it. That darn cage, that kiss, our good ole Henderson. Great job, Socomama for this and for KSaraSara running with it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful last chapter. I loved how Lois took care of Clark after the kryptonite exposure. Thank you both so much for this story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
So excited for this last chapter!

She froze.
jawdrop This is such a THEM revelation! I love it!!

Oh yes, they were back on an even playing field now.
This is so brilliant that he knows it! We've seen Clark take this on, but we've never seen Superman have this realization! lol

The S on the cape stared at her, and she forced her mind to process that this was Clark.
This is such a great image/moment combination, to have her stare at the cape and see Clark.

Oh, Clark. He'd said he was going to tell her everything. He had wanted her to know.
I feel like it's still so rare that she tracks this - I love that you're giving her this perspective here!

But just then, a cage dropped sharply—so quickly—over him, the glowing bars separating him from her...
Oh, wow - this is so poetic to see this play out again, but this time with Lois playing for the other team! Very cool plot device!!

Lex continued, still—for all his psychopathic want of her—ignoring her.
lol This sounds so keenly like it's Lois' perspective! And Lex WOULD just go on grandstanding.

Thinking quickly, she said, “We...grew apart after you died, Superman and I. I always blamed him for not saving you. When I...when I saw you fall, I wished I could take back what I said at the altar.”
That's genius subterfuge - and there's just enough truth in there of Lois wondering why Superman hadn't saved him, for this to sound honest! So smart!

“Sheer will. I could never let her marry a monster like you.”
It hurts - it's like watching it all over again!

Only for you, Clark, she thought as she ran back to the pit and hoisted herself inside...
Ugh! It would take an act of love to overcome first a Lex seduction and then a rat-pit!

“At super speed? Or...slow?” he said, cocking an eyebrow in as suggestive a manner as he could muster.
He knows he can get away with this right now!! lol

Not now, she told her traitorous body.
It's cute - and a nice bookend - that we saw Clark fight this internal battle earlier in the story, and now we're seeing Lois fight the same battle here!

She nodded, a warm tear slipping down her cheek. “For a long time.”
“Me too.”
“I know,” she said, in an almost whisper.
“Perry’s office. Day one. Done for,” he replied.
Awwwwwwww. And man, he really exceeded her expectations with his idea of 'a long time!'

He looked at Clark again with a furrowed brow.
“Next time you see Superman, tell him I hope he’s back on his feet again soon,” he said, his eyes lingering as they found Clark’s. “I’m on his team.”
Through this whole section, I was on the edge of my seat wondering if Henderson knew! YAY! I love when he figures it out! He's a great part of this team!

“We...we could call that our almost-first kiss?”
So CUTE! This is such a great call-back to the whole start of this story!

This has really turned from something sweet and sultry into suspense and back around again! The structure of the revelation and emotional resolution to it were so well put together, too - Lois just stepping into the conversation with Clark, regardless of what he was wearing, and then having to rescue HIM, which made her overrule the possibility of any negative emotions in order to get them both out of it. It's just a very clever, satisfying way to cement the plot together! Such a sweet read!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I spent the last day of 2023 reading this fic. I couldn’t stop. I love it! The revelation was great! I like that Lois wasn’t mad and that she understood what knowing the secret really meant and that they would now always be connected because of it.

I also like that Henderson figured it out and that he assured Lois and Clark that he was on Superman’s team.

I loved all the sweet moments like Clark admitting to Lois that he was done for on day one or how Clark took such good care of Lois when she was sick. I thought that the revelation was going to happen when they were floating while they slept. There were funny moments too which helped to release some of the tension.

It was great to see Lois get the best of Luther at the end. That was justice!

Thanks for a terrific fic! It was a fun way to end 2023!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard