OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Chapter 6 is here.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
So happy to see another chapter posted! I've devouring these chapters as soon as I see them!

I’ve tried to make myself look as old and frumpy as I can, on the slim possibility that Jack won’t recognize me.
He will, though. He’s a smart kid.
Wells had said to not let anyone know who I am, but I’ve hit a wall and I’m going to take the chance. There’s something about Jack that makes me believe I can trust him with this secret.
I know that Lois wasn't keen on Jack in the series, but I'm SO HERE FOR THIS! Let's convert her! Jack is a great asset!

I hadn’t been prepared for Jack’s bitterness and anger.
Oh, yikes, yeah, she really wasn't working with all the information. In the universe where nothing works out, is it awful to say that she deserves it?

The last words from Jack had been a warning for me to not rely on Superman’s help in the future...
I really love how you're elevating him to Clark's emotional watchdog. He's been falsely imprisoned, and he's still worried about Clark.

“That’s the kid that framed Jack.”
Love to see that Lane luck at work!

The police arrived and arrest Pete Black...
Oh, no! Is Lois unwittingly sending him where Jack is!?

He’d leave his apartment, and I’d have no problem following him at a distance but then he’d vanish into thin air.
lol Her bafflement is adorable.

The light turns and the pedestrians start to cross, Clark crossing with them. I stay on the corner, rooted in place, feeling overcome with sorrow.
Poor Lois. This is a really nice exploration of what she can push and what's a trigger. Grief works in such funny ways. I thought we'd get a run-in with Clark, but I didn't expect such a poignant moment.

She moved to L.A, and eventually became one of the most sought after fashion reporters based out of Europe. She was the only one I could remember that I had been somewhat friendly with, and I wasn’t going to interfere with her life right now; it had turned out pretty spectacular.
YES! Good things for Cat Grant! I love that you've chosen to give her this ending, and not make her collateral somehow.

Her introspection at the end of this just offers us such a sense of melancholy overall, but this section just wraps us in her carefully held pain.
Instead, I’d been lost, remembering vividly all the times he’d been right there with a comforting word or hug and knowing how much I’d missed in my life not having Clark there. I often told myself I’d never really fallen in love. It was a lie I’d clung to so I didn’t have to face the truth, but today at that crosswalk, it hit me full force.

Looking forward to what comes next!

1 member likes this: Toomi8
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by JadedEvie
So happy to see another chapter posted! I've devouring these chapters as soon as I see them!

smile1

I know that Lois wasn't keen on Jack in the series, but I'm SO HERE FOR THIS! Let's convert her! Jack is a great asset!

I thought Jack could be useful wink

Poor Lois. This is a really nice exploration of what she can push and what's a trigger. Grief works in such funny ways. I thought we'd get a run-in with Clark, but I didn't expect such a poignant moment.

smile

YES! Good things for Cat Grant! I love that you've chosen to give her this ending, and not make her collateral somehow.

I had to give Cat a good ending.

Looking forward to what comes next!

Thank you for your comments! They've made my day.

1 member likes this: JadedEvie
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been catching up with this story. What a different premise. I've never read any similar story and it got me very intrigued. What happened to drive Clark away from Lois? Why didn't he reach out to her? How she can help him? I thought it would have been saving him from the cage, but it was not the case. There are still a lot of questions and I can't wait to see where this is going.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I've been catching up with this story. What a different premise. I've never read any similar story and it got me very intrigued. What happened to drive Clark away from Lois? Why didn't he reach out to her? How she can help him? I thought it would have been saving him from the cage, but it was not the case. There are still a lot of questions and I can't wait to see where this is going.

Andreia

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like the premise.

As for the rest.... grin

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Reading so far gives me a strong indication of what a very different life Lois Lane has lived without Clark Kent's love, protection and guidance. It harkens back to the pilot when her only social life was a bowl of ice cream and watching reruns of The Ivory Tower.

Wells had said to not let anyone know who I am, but I’ve hit a wall and I’m going to take the chance. There’s something about Jack that makes me believe I can trust him with this secret.

We see much of the old Lois' determination and resourcefulness slowly emerge from the past, but only hints of her former reckless because she is taking time to weigh whether or not to reveal to Jack who she is. Playing with the ebb and flow of time travel is so dangerous...

I’d never seen Jack again. He left Metropolis almost immediately after I had spoken with him, and the next time he’d appeared was in a news headline announcing his arrest as part of a high tech hacking group. I hadn’t thought about him in years.

Wow! Reading this was both tragic and sad. Jack had lived down to the promise of his youth. Lois saying she hadn't thought of him in years is also sad. Again, the question is raised, where was Clark? Surely he would have tried to help the younger man who was almost like a little brother to him?

But, Clark… I’d hoped for weeks to hear from him. Every phone call made my heart leap for longer than I cared to remember, just on the off chance it was him. Perry and I had lunch one day where I’d finally asked if he’d talked to Clark, but Perry avoided answering. I received the letter a few days afterwards, the day before the Planet reopened, and it felt as though my world had crashed down around me. The following morning I’d gone to work very early and had chosen a desk away from my old one, his old one. Leaving a note for Perry, I’d run off to chase a story.

So what did Perry know? help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard