Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Eep!! Just in under the wire... okay... well, like 20 mins left in my time zone until Ficlet Friday is over. JadedEvie totally told me that Bek and I deserved the day after Thanksgiving off, but... it didn't feel right letting Ficlet Friday pass by empty when we had such a successful anniversary last week! So I peeked at my next 110 Kisses prompt and here we are!

What did you think? Hopefully no rotten tomatoes since there was no L&C kiss...

Ficlet is here!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

1 member likes this: KateSO
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Beautiful heart to heart between Martha and Lois. Would’ve loved to have seen something like this in the show itself

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww. Martha always knows.....
I've often wished we would have seen more of the tree house in the series, so I really liked that it was used here. :3

And cool bit about the senses. Love those details.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Aww, this was great. And I don't mind about the kiss, Lois definitely needed this one!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is very touching. Martha is the best. She always knows what to say and is always there with a hug or a kiss. Thank you! I can’t wait for the next ficlet!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Gahh!! Thank you all! I'm a sucker for Martha and Lois moments now! Glad you all enjoyed!! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Took me a while to get to this one. It's beautiful!!! I truly wasn't expecting the next kiss for the series to be a maternal one. Martha is the best, isn't she?

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahh, love r interaction between Lois and Martha. Lovely story

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Both of us are too tired to actually edit this, so any typos or tense issues that remain
are all mine.
/takes out red pen/
Also, extra line break in that last sentence.

’m overwhelmed, and I feel so different. It’s not just the tights and the cape and the mask
At least it’s not black painted leather and a whip!?

I look over to the pile of mauve pink and teal fabric next to me as I sit with my back against the wall in Clark’s little treehouse, wearing an old T-shirt and pair of sweats
Poor dear! She got overwhelmed with being Ultra Woman and unable to save everyone and now she had to distance herself. She needs a Clark!

I’ll have to ask him, along with where exactly he puts his boots and his cape when he’s not wearing them.
I can so see a distraught, fidgety Lois shove the costume in Clark’s face.
(oh boy. And now I’m thinking I need a Lois wearing only her underwear shove the costume in Clark’s face.)

and…though it broke my heart to even think it, not with Clark in his apartment
sad

. I feel like I stole something from him, stole a part of who he is. I know I should talk to him, and soon. But I think I just needed some time alone. Some solitude.
Oh, that’s why? Not because of the recent breakup and re-dating? Very nicely done clap Also, Fortress of Solitude!

and I caught sight of the treehouse. Clark’s not mentioned it to me before, but it seems such a sad and lonely part of his past that I’m not surprised it hasn’t come up in conversation yet in the few months it’s been since finding out his secret.
There is so much melancholic energy in there, it saturated the wood and called to Lois’s heart. Like the cave on Dagobah did to Luke.

A part of me also wonders if at least some of what I’m feeling right now is a remnant of how he must have felt when he came up here—lost and alone.
Psychic residue! She better stay away from his bedroom. Or the shower at his apartment. She might feel… uncomfortable there.

I try and fail to adjust my hearing so that it stays at an even volume as Martha approaches.
/suggests plugging Lois into the living room sound equipment as an equalizer /

but I was…too overwhelmed by everything, especially all these new senses, to really pay attention. God, no wonder seems like he’s daydreaming so often.
Especially when he’s near her!

and there’s the sound of something crinkling in her hand, like a plastic bag, maybe.
It took me a moment. Plastic bag. Audible. Great stuff!

Also, she’s not bringing stuff that is often substituted with oregano, is she?

And oh god, she brought my favorite cookies.
Awwwwww

. “Thank you,” I manage to say around a mouthful of chocolate chocolate chip cookie.
Kryptonian-metabolism Lois is adorable!
LOIS: /munching/ What now?

“I didn’t mean to wake you, sorry,” I say. “I thought I was quiet, fast.”
laugh They probably learned to notice a 17y/o sneaking onto the farm at super speed.

Oh, honey, I’ve spent more than a decade honing my ability to hear those whooshes.”
See?

I’m waiting for her to ask me what’s wrong, to ask why I’m here so late at night with the wonderful costume she made for me just yesterday sitting next to me in a heap.
Probably had enough go-arounds with her son struggling off his pajamas when he was fuzzy.

Also, now I’m flashing to Lois bring Clark and Martha finding more than a discarded super suit in the tree house.

I nod, again overwhelmed with emotion—she knew, of course she knew the other worry tugging at my soul, that Clark would feel more lost and alone than ever without his powers.
And here is Lois, having left him behind instead of fading to black. Tsk Tsk tsk

“I don’t have to share the cookies, though, do I?”
shock rotflol

Chocolate treats as a kiss from the kitchen?

No, wait…hmm….

She brushes another kiss against my hair and hugs me tightly. “You’re not alone in this,” she says. “You never were. We’re all here for you, with you.”
I knew that had to be one, I just missed it! Eeep!

Another sweet installment clap I liked the different approach smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Ah, that kiss was a plot twist!!

Love the Lois POV here, I don't think I've read many stories with her as Ultrawoman! Your angsty wistfulness is impeccable as always! Great job!! ❤❤

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard