Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Chapter is here.

Thanks for reading!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess I am curious as to how Lois will accomplish this mission without pulling someone else in on it. That would require convincing them of time travel, not an easy thing. Since Herb has not made his appearance yet in the series... Of course having a 21st Century Cell phone and money from that timeframe I suspect Clark could be convinced IF she can find him.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So, now she's working in a bar? At least she's found Jimmy, which is a good starting point. Will she draw the connection between Clark and Superman anytime soon? At least Superman was around after Lex' demise, so he must have survived the cage. But why did he never reach out to Lois? What happened here?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm fascinated that Lois thinks she'll be here for a bit, and is therefore shoring up resources. Definitely shows growth from the Lois we know from this time period. (And also shifts us away from the 'solved in an hour' mentality of most of the series, which I find really compelling.)

I dye my hair a few shades lighter and leave it long after a short debate with myself. I had considered cutting it to the same length as it was back then, in the event I needed to impersonate myself, but decide I could do that when, and if, I need to.
Love this detail. So smart to have the forethought that 'master of disguise' Lois Lane might need to sub in for herself.

but I don’t remember Pamela at all. I’m curious what happens to her between now and the investigation. It’s a relatively safe place to work and Pamela and I get along well.
Already like this original character! Very cool to twist her into the intergang timeline! Looking forward to her being an ally!

I’d gone back to the hotel room and cried myself to sleep that night, and hadn’t plucked up the courage to return. Ideally, I’d like to break in and find out what he knows and where the investigation is, but not knowing his routine makes it a risk I’m not willing to take at the moment.
This is so sad. It really feels like she lost who Lois Lane was (or would be?). Not to say, at all, that the characterization is off -- just that it's such great 'sliding doors' departure. I don't think I've said this before, but it feels like you gave her the kind of life that Clark had before he came to Metropolis. Only, she doesn't have the safety net of the Kents. It totally gets me when she says she's 'stuck,' because this is Lois Lane - there is no inertia. And without Clark, your Lois has lost her forward momentum. Really great character work you've added in here.

...but there’s one thing I wonder if I can change; Jack...
Oh man, I am ALL IN for this plan! Jack is my secret guilty pleasure of this series - I SO wish that character had found a more cohesive storyline to continue. I love that you're going to save Jack!

This particular cafe had been a favourite for their delicious soups and I wanted one pleasant trip back down memory lane.
This is just a brilliant detail that we NEVER see come up. So well thought out.

My phone, which is around fifty percent battery power now..
Even though this is a useless device right now, this cleverly adds to the urgency!

How did I ever survive before Google?
rotflol

Looking forward to the next chapter, and excited for a(n inevitable?) meeting with Clark!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard