Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29830 05/12/06 01:59 PM
Tahu Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
wow, great part. The story is amazing and I hope Clark will see that Lois loves the Farmboy.

Can't wait for part 10.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Caroline...I'm just in awe with this story. Lois and Clark are clearly in love but are fighting it so desperately. Who cares about the A plot? Just get back here!

Don't be so long posting the next part! Your writing is just excellent! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto, this is an awesome story and your writing is amazing! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like they said, Caroline, you are an awesome writer. I so loved this:

Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

Lane and Kent.

Lois and Clark.

Their names had been linked so often that they seemed to flow into one another naturally, just as it seemed natural to have Lois at his side.
So you beautifully you put it.

And I loved this:

As he slipped between the sheets of his bed, he realized in a sudden epiphany that the way he'd behaved that night had been remarkably like the way Lois had always behaved with him. She had never wanted him herself, but she certainly hadn't wanted anyone else to have him. She'd teased him and called him Mr. Greenjeans, but let another woman look his way, and her claws came out. He'd picked up on it early on and had always found it amusing - endearing, even. At times, he'd even allowed her possessive behavior to give him hope - the very hope that had led him to pour his heart out to her in the middle of a public park. But never had he dared to assert a similar claim on her. Never for one minute had he thought she'd sit still for it. So what did it mean that he'd done so tonight and lived to tell the tale?
I love the way Clark realizes that he has been jealous and possessive about Lois in the same way that she has always been jealous and possessive about him. But I find myself groaning loudly when he comes to the same paranoid conclusion all over again - she probably loves him just because she now knows that he is Superman. God, he should never have told her, because now that she knows, she will never love him for *him*.

Aaaarrgghh!!! You're driving me crazy, Clark. Lois now knows you for what you are, and she loves you for what you are - what more can you ask for? Would you prefer making her love you precisely because you are not Superman, and then finding yourself in a position where you'll be forced to admit to her that indeed you are Superman after all? It kind of slipped your mind, hmm?

I'm most definitely not criticising you for writing this, Caroline, because this aspect of Clark is so much a part of the Lois and Clark canon. But I am saying that I really dislike Clark when he's behaving this way.

Of course, you show us so adorably how Clark always reacts viscerally to Lois in a way that he really can't control. I love this:

He had missed her like he'd missed his powers when he'd been exposed to Kryptonite. His poweres were something that often aggravated and inconvenienced him, and many times he'd wished them gone, wished he could be 'normal'. But when it happened for real and he'd thought the superpowers might be gone for good, the loss had been devastating - more so than he'd ever admitted to his parents. He'd felt like half a person for those few days, and that was exactly how he'd felt since he'd fallen out so spectacularly with Lois. It was easy to think of a hundred different reasons he'd be better off with out her, but when he was without her, he felt utterly incomplete.
This is just perfect. Clark's body loves Lois so much, and even his lunkheaded head is beginning to grudgingly realize that it, too, loves her!!

Looking forward to much more of this!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You are wonderful writer Caroline, Maybe it’s a matter of taste but love it that your characters are so true to the show. The way you slide the perfect quip from the series into dialogue makes me wonder how many times you watched it. It’s a compound of angst and fun in a big mess. Most can only do one of those at the time.

At times, he’d even allowed her possessive behavior to give him hope – the very hope that had led him to pour his heart out to her in the middle of a public park. But never had he dared to assert a similar claim on her. Never for one minute had he thought she’d sit still for it.
In fact, she’d been teasing him in a way she’d never have dared to tease Superman, and there had been none of the breathless adoration that he had always found irritating and intoxicating in equal measure.
This is precisely how a picture Clark’s thought processes during that part. clap

I know it’s not everyone’s top priority but I really enjoy your attempt at an A-plot for the same reason.

“Now me, when I rent a video, I use the store closest to the house. Alice says they don’t have as good a selection as the one over on Calhoun, but I just don’t like having to go so far out of my way to return ‘em, you know? Now I figure you’re more like Alice and willing to go a little bit out of the way…to the next state, say, or maybe clear into Canada.”
“I like my eggs over easy,” he said, flashing Perry a grin.

“Too bad,” Perry retorted. “I only do scrambled.”
Your Perry is as good as your Lois and Clark.

And this little gem.
It’s not many guys who’d give the coat off their backs to the punk who robbed their apartment.”

Clark shrugged and looked embarrassed. “It was cold,” he said simply.
I think it's really good when we are allowed to see Clark do his thing with the rest of the world and not just Lois. How he moves through life like a anthromorphic St Bernhard. Superman’s disgusting goodness indeed.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Blogger
Blogger
“Now me, when I rent a video, I use the store closest to the house. Alice says they don’t have as good a selection as the one over on Calhoun, but I just don’t like having to go so far out of my way to return ‘em, you know? Now I figure you’re more like Alice and willing to go a little bit out of the way…to the next state, say, or maybe clear into Canada.”

Instead of feeling annoyed, Clark grinned up at the ceiling at Perry’s tactics.

“You haven’t lived ‘till you’ve seen the video selection in Canada, Chief. It’s like a whole new cinematic world up there.”
So, I'm sitting here reading this in my ultra-tight prom dress (I have some time before going to dinner, okay?) and after reading this passage, I have found that laughing hysterically is not necessarily a good idea in this outfit. laugh

Love this chapter!!

Mmmm...pie.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Caroline

I've just read the last two parts. They're both excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The only answer he could come up with was the most painful one imaginable: What she’d never have tolerated from Clark, she suddenly welcomed now that she knew he was Superman.

It was his worst fear, and he felt almost sick as he forced himself to reevaluate the evening in that light. For a few sweet, treasured moments as he’d held her in his arms beneath the stars, he’d dared to hope that their friendship might actually have weathered the storms of the past week. He had even cautiously allowed himself to envision a future with Lois Lane in it. It wasn’t a romantic future – he wasn’t feeling that brave or that stupid – but perhaps some sort of return to the way things had been before.
No, no, no! Clark!!!! While I understand why Clark is feeling this way, I still want to smack him... huh

Instead of feeling annoyed, Clark grinned up at the ceiling at Perry’s tactics.

“You haven’t lived ‘till you’ve seen the video selection in Canada, Chief. It’s like a whole new cinematic world up there.”
But thank you for adding some humor. This is what makes this story so special. A perfect balance between angst, drama, humor etc.

Things are moving along. I am looking forward to the next part.

Natascha

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I'm caught up now after finals week...

and wow. eek

I can't even properly express how I feel right now, but just know that it's brilliant. And what everyone else said. Perfect blend of angst and waff and humor. Brilliant characterization. Just wow. I don't know how you do it, and I'm envious, Caroline. notworthy

This story is definitely on my Kerth list in several categories. And you are definitely on my nomination list of Best New Author. It would be a crime for you to stop writing!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't been reading much lately, but a friend reccomended this. I'll have to remember to thank her.

I started out with part 1, of course, but, by the time I was done with it, knew that I'd have to read the rest. Just finished a full 9-part binge.

This is a heck of a story! It's some very familliar territory, but you manage to make it fresh and beautiful, while also adding in your own original twists. That's pretty impressive by itself, but there's a richness and depth to it all. Wonderful characterization, great flow.

This is just a really good story. Sorry I can't pick out my favorite moments from the last 9 parts, but I think that'd take just a little too long... laugh

Definitely looking forward to part 10, though! Hope it's soon. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, let's summarize:
a) He feels possessive about her because he has certain feelings.
b) He realizes that way back when Lois had started to show the same behavior.
c) Now, that he is actually showing it, she doesn't get mad.
Conclusion: She must be in love with Superman.

And they call Lois galactically stupid. confused
Ok, on the other hand, they do have an expression coined for people like him: muttonheaded dolt. lol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard