Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Eeep! So sorry about the Chinese food... but... it's for... good reasons... yeah? Hopefully y'all agree with us now? lol peep

Here's Chapter 5!

Thank you all for the feedback so far! We love seeing which lines and emotions hit you most! love

Sara and Socomama love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, so tender :3 love
Glad Lois is letting him help her too.
I wonder how much sleep Clark is going to get and part of me is sorta wondering if he might end up sleep floating XD.

Eager for more, as usual

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Aww so cute! I’ll forgive you for leaving the terrible Chinese from Ralph’s Pagoda.

Keep it up!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Oh no, not the Chinese food! But then, wink oh, the Chinese food. I loved that Lois was letting Clark see her in a vulnerable state. Poor Clark trying to keep control over his emotions. It's going to be a long night for him. Hopefully Lois doesn't get sick any more. Maybe a little cuddling in the dark and morning as they wake up??? I'm liking this story a whole lot.
I always thought that the idea of a Pearl Jam concert as a first date, was a bit of an odd choice for Clark. I get he wanted to impress her and they were the right age and all, but neither struck me as grunge fans. If only we could take out Lex and Bender out of the equation. Just a quiet night or two on a secluded houseboat. Keeping all the sexual tension, of course. Can't wait for the next part.
Sarah

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This was such a sweet chapter!

He was on his feet in an instant, but...should he go in there? ...hold her hair? Was she okay?
Clark stood there, frozen with indecision. He didn’t know where any of the boundaries were—this was all so new. He without a doubt wanted to be in there holding her hair and rubbing her back and making sure she was okay. And Best Friend Lois might have even welcomed that, though she may have protested a little at her modesty or not subjecting him to the sight of her stomach contents.
But Almost-Dating Lois? He wasn’t sure.
This is so dead-on! Clark, the most helpful man in the world, unable to help because he's worried he'll do more harm than good. Lois' personality really sets up a neat little series of emotional traps for him to work through. So great to see him think through this.

But if she was sick...he couldn’t leave her.
Heart-clenching to see his usual over-protectiveness in a lower stakes setting.

“Here, c’mon,” he murmured as he scooped her up into his arms and straightened to standing, her arms automatically circling around his neck.
It's SO delicious that she has no idea she's already done this motion a dozen times.

Her head was nuzzled into his neck; this was more intimately than he’d ever held her as Superman.
And this is so great, the way you elevate it!

“I need my best friend,” she said quietly, but with conviction.
He nodded instantly...
After his (rightful) waffling over these boundaries earlier, this is such a great use of showing that when it counts, they set the boundaries to be what they need.

"I guess it just doesn’t seem fair that you’re sick and being hunted by a delusional killer at the same time.”
lol

"And...I’m already involved with you, Lois. Us going on a date doesn’t change that.”
Both sweet and true! This might be my favorite line of the chapter.

Then, in an instant, just as her knees were hitting the floor, he was there by her side and gathering her hair up away from her face.
Great progression that he *listens* to her and makes new choices for them based on what she says.

...it hit him just how many times she’d been vulnerable, unguarded with him—even that very first week he’d met her, when she’d confessed to breaking all of her rules. He wondered why he hadn’t noticed it before, especially all those times he’d felt lonely and adrift, aching to know if she would ever care about him the same way he cared about her, loved her.
Sometimes it's so hard to see the forest through the trees sometimes, especially when the stakes are high and there are lots of red herrings! It's nice to see that he's self-aware but still just struggling with it.

Looking forward to the next bit!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
WHEW!! We're so glad we're forgiven for the Chinese food!!! lol

Do I sound like a broken record yet, responding to all these FDK posts in a row? Socomama and I super appreciate every single comment!! love

Originally Posted by sarahj
I always thought that the idea of a Pearl Jam concert as a first date, was a bit of an odd choice for Clark. I get he wanted to impress her and they were the right age and all, but neither struck me as grunge fans. If only we could take out Lex and Bender out of the equation. Just a quiet night or two on a secluded houseboat. Keeping all the sexual tension, of course. Can't wait for the next part.
Sarah

Right?? I mean... lovetvfan and I didn't do a quiet night at the marina... but we DID have them actually go to Pearl Jam... lol (shameless self-plug...) Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Like Pearl Jam by KSaraSara and lovetvfan

Thank you all again!!!

Sara and Socomama smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard