Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Eeep! I’m behind on posting and responding to feedback and reading other stories (OMG YAY AT ALL THE FICLETS ON FICLET FRIDAY!! AND NEW AUTHORS!!) and feedback on other stories and writing… thank you all for your patience! (And if you’re in discord, you know it’s because I broke my foot two weeks ago and had surgery on Friday… and gosh, I didn’t expect to have literally no brain and no energy for DAYS…so… anyway…)

I’m posting this now so you don’t have to wait for me to catch up! But do know that I (and Socomama!!) are reading and loving and appreciating your feedback!! (And if I remember later tonight… I might post the next chapter too. wink)

The date continues… Chapter 4

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh goodness, what's wrong with Lois!?
And right when things were getting super cozy! frown
Loved that she told him about still having the bear :3

Eager for more!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, no, you kept the food poisoning part. Or did she catch some super- late night- should be morning sickness from all those smoldering looks? Not a very likely scenario.

Anyway, wonderful part. Just , why did you have them order from Ralph's pagoda, when a certain someone could have gotten the good Chinese stuff?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
I can't believe you kept the food poisoning part. I was getting all excited than bam boom bow! I was getting all excited and what's in the box? Come on!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Eeeep!! Thank you all for the feedback... and I'm feeling like.. I should just post the next part now so you don't come after us. lol peep:

Sara and Socomama smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I think that my favorite part about what your writing here captures is the sort of underlying ease of this relationship - even when it gets tense or charged or uncertain, there's still something in there that feels inevitable. And that's so difficult to capture, and such an important part of their story.

But in true Clark fashion—though a bit more quickly than he usually relented—he was back to his calm and charming self.
I know that he's worried, so he's 'relenting' a little more quickly here, but I love that you point out Lois appreciating this trait. Lois thinks of her job as war, and the grudge match aspect bleeds into her overall personality. It's such a subtle characterization that she appreciates he gives her a break that she doesn't easily understand how to give others. Just lovely detail.

“Grass? Thyme? Cacti?”
lol Cacti got me.

“But for the record, I love sparring with you.”
Awwwww. It's nice when she gives him the rare space to be a little more open, and he takes it.

“It wasn’t just a work trip, Clark. And, it was, you know...” she trailed off, her mind suddenly derailed by the intensity of his gaze.
“Was what?” he asked.
“Memorable. My time in Smallville.” As soon as the words were out of her mouth, the apprehension clenched at her—afraid of being too honest, too vulnerable, and she wondered how they’d gone so quickly from teasing and sparring to blurting out their true feelings. There were reasons she had never let him know, reasons she’d even tried to deny to herself, the feelings she’d had on that trip.
Love this section! Such a great description of her thought process here. And it really holds the tension of the moment well!

They’d just been doing a crossword puzzle, for heaven’s sake, and now they were...about to kiss?
For all her big-city experience, it's little insights like this that reminds me Lois hasn't had a good, long-term relationship in her adult life (Lex dooooooeeeesn't count!) - and they're really on more even footing than we think.

A small styrofoam box caught her eye. This was new.
Wow, using the powers to impress her... since episode 1. lol Great little touch here!

“Instead of needing to know how...allow me this small moment to dazzle you, Lois.”
Oh my gosh, I mean, ok! I would be such a sucker for this!

Can't wait to see what's next for them!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thank you, JadedEvie!! Again, I wish I could respond in detail, but I only have time to say that I just appreciate so much how you pull out different lines and comment on them like this! And I know Socomama does too! There are very few lines in here that we can remember who wrote what. lol

Sara and Socomama smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard